“Excellent food”

Le Restaurant De Chames
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Restaurant is a 5K Vallon Pont d' Arc at the height of the village of Chames , 500m from the Pont d' Arc. Located along the river Come discover traditional cuisine In June refines unique setting of greenery in the heart of the UN nature reserve. You will enjoy a shaded terrace and UN direct access to the river.The restaurant is Located only 10 minutes from the Chauvet Cave .
Stevenage, UK
“Excellent food”
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Once we got over the special welcome, which I suspect is reserved for those whose French is poor, we had a fabulous time at this restaurant. The seating on decking under a tree overlooking the river is really conducive to feeling on holiday and the service is nicely unhurried. And once I had encouraged the waiters with some of my best french compliments I also began to feel comfortable.

What really excels here is the quality of the food. The steak was, having asked for well done, just nicely slightly pink and very tender and huge. The frites were really delicious; and cooked in a way I have not seen before. Apart from being a different shape, they were slightly puffy and beautifully crisp without being oily. Cheese is the cheaper dessert option and a good selection of different kinds (none recognisable to me) came accompanied by a second basket of bread. And the iced puddings are a work of art and come with a careful explanation. Although at £60 for the two of us it wasn't the cheapest I would say this is one of the best value restaurants we have ever visited.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank simono1958

Dendermonde, Belgium
“Absolutely magnificent!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have been spending an excellent evening with friends at Restaurant de Chames. The owners are great folks that take you through their menu with knowledge and do all they can to accomodate for your special wishes.

We opted for the menu "Les Yeux Fermés" and were astonished by the great food quality. All courses were simply delicious.We would recommend this restaurant for its food quality at reasonable price, the service and the scenery. If you are near the Gorges de l'Ardeche, give this place a chance before it finds its way to some star cuisine guide and you'll no longer be able to afford it ;-).

• Visited July 2014
London, UK
“Very very poor service.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Dining here left us feeling quite uncomfortable, an experience which started from the minute we arrived.
When we enquired whether there was a children's menu, the waiter took it upon himself to launch into a, 'no, we believe in serving fresh organic food...' Excuse me, but why should a childrens menu be rubbish, that's up to the restaurant, I despair at places serving chicken nuggets and pizza. I then asked if they did smaller portions for the children, to which he replied yes, surely he could have said that in the first place! Despite there being only 1 other party in the restaurant, it took them 10 minutes to provide a menu, then seconds later, expected us to order. When we did order, and explained the children would share a meal, no surprises when it turned up as one portion on one plate. The extra plate took an eternity to arrive, but not as long as the sauces which arrived just as we were finishing! The general vibe was 'could care less' no, how is your meal, can we get you anything etc. So, my advice, If you are a family, I would avoid. Such a shame as I did quite enjoy my meal.

• Visited August 2013
Mirepoix, France
“Such a bonus”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were staying in an apartment next door, so when we ate here we could not believe our luck. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner here every day. The chefs are excellent. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. The somelier is excellent as are the surroundings and waiting staff. We can't wait for our next trip to this beautiful area of France.

• Visited July 2013