“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This is our go to restaurant. Excellent quality food from scratch. A true chef is in the kitchen. Love there steaks and mussels. Everything is good. You can't go wrong. Just renovated too. Have a nice upper scale side and a family comfortable side. Whatever you feel like that night. Highly recommended.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went to The Cornerstone with our family and loved it. The Cornerstone has never failed us. We started with deep fried goat cheese wontons drizzled in an apricot sauce, always a favorite with dry rubbed wings. The wings are crispy on the outside and tender on the outside, they are cooked to perfection. Our son enjoys the cream pasta with grilled chicken, my daughter had the calamari as her main course, tender and juicy and my husband raved about the Pickerel dinner. This is our most favorite restaurant and it has never failed us. Service is fast and they staff is very attentive. So much variety and they never fail to shine!

2  Thank NDallas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is probably their first review from Saudi Arabia so I will be nice. I went there with in laws on a Tuesday night. We got good service from a friendly and efficient waitress. I shared a meal with my wife - calamari which was cooked perfectly, and this hard to do, with a big house salad as appetizer, and then the rack of ribs which were meaty and delicious, washed down with a rich Aussie cab sav. We all thought the food was well cooked and the portions generous. Definitely recommended and will be back next year.

1  Thank Craig N
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We spent the weekend in Caledonia to attend the fall fair which in itself is a worthwhile experience, it has one of the top ten fairs in Ontario with lots of entertainment. The Cornerstone is right at the main intersection in town, easy to walk to when visiting the down town area. We ordered the mussels in a spicy red sauce, the sauce made it a great dish. My wife had the BBQ ribs, they were fall of the bone tender, I had the perch fish fry which was also good. Julie, our waitress was friendly and let us take it easy since we had lots of time on our hands, spent a good while there enjoying a bottle of wine before dinner. Recommend it if you are in the area.

1  Thank Reece V
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to us a year ago and we finally got around to going and we were not disappointed. We started with the special gouda and asiago fondu, which was absolutely delicious. My husband had the seafood pasta, which was FULL of mussels, scallops and had a salmon filet on top, which he said was terrific. I had Napoleon parmigiana, which is pork schnitzel prepared parmigiana style, and it was very good. It is really worth the trip to go to Caledonia to eat here.

1  Thank April M