“gastro-licious even for Webster”

The Argyle St. Grill
Ranked #2 of 38 Restaurants in Caledonia
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Haddington
Hamilton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“gastro-licious even for Webster”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

The Argyle grill is simply a great restaurant. I was used to the St George pub that was there and sitting around the bar drinking. the Grill brings a touch of class, it gets you away from the bar and into a booth or on the tiki patio with comfortable seating. I have brought the entire family there with kids as young as 3 and they were well prepared, served us quickly and came back several times to check our drinks. The food is local and fresh, I am a picky eater and I have tried 6 different main courses! ALL are excellent. I have had one experience where I got coffee and no refill but that was just a blip. On one occasion I even saw Webster (Emmanuel Lewis) there eating!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Vag L

Hamilton, Canada
“Always the top of our Favs!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We have been to The Argyle Street Grill many times, just to go out for dinner or to celebrate a birthday and a Christmas Lunch. The variety of menu items is very good. They have a menu for lunches and a menu for dinners. We have always had great service from the waitress and they have never pushed us to ordering quickly. We have had two Christmas lunches there now (one in 2011 & one in 2012). We have stayed at our table for up to four hours. The waitress never push us to order and leave. The food has always been plentiful and extremely hot when it arrives at our table. On a Friday or Saturday I would recommend a reservation as they do get very busy. The atmosphere is cozy and quaint. The prices are very reasonable. The co-owner Kevin remembers us each time we call for reservations and each time we go to the restaurant. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a good time, good food and good drinks.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank jbg01_52
Hamilton, Canada
“It's ok, not high on my list of places o eat though.”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Liked the food, mostly.
Disliked the service.
Price wasn't too bad, but I would have been happier at Swiss Chalet, or the Keg...

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Barbie_Girl01
Caledonia, Canada
“One to many BAD experience's”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We live in the small town and have ate out here often, 10x
Good food 75% of the time
Service absolutely terrible, 95% of the time
Seems every time we come here theres all new wait staff, looks like they have a very high turnover rate, never the same faces, even the managers
Would not recommend bringing small children as this restaurant is unwilling to accommodate for them,
We will not be coming back here anymore,,

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Jennifer C
Caledonia, Canada
“What a great place!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

It's place has been a fabulous spot for our family to eat since it changed ownership. There are so many delicious choices on the menu and I've not been disappointed yet. I do recommend reservations for Friday or Saturday nights or you'll be waiting awhile to get seated. Glad that we've moved to town and the restaurant is now walking distance from our house!

2 Thank EZtravlr