“Short stay in Scicli”

Ranked #2 of 40 Scicli B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Short stay in Scicli”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed with Massimo for a few nights in early October at his clean and comfortable B&B.The location is very central , but hidden as it is up a (steep) flight of steps just off the main square. Massimo is very pleasant and easy to deal with and Scicli is a wonderful small town superbly located as a base if exploring this beautiful part of Sicily. The added bonus was the fine breakfast taken in the square in front of the Municipal Offices !
Ciao Massimo , and thank you !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andyb004
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Hi, I'm delighted to receive your review, it was a real pleasure to host a nice couple nice and fun as you, it was also nice to sit with you at breakfast to chat, I hope to see you again very soon in Scicli, a hug for my part, Maximus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I went to Scicli just by chance cause I wasn't able to find a B&B of the princing I wanted at Modica. I was very lucky. I loved the place.
Scicli B&B was in a perfect location. It is a very cozy place. The room I had was very comfortable and absolutely clean.
Massimo did his best to try to help me out with anything I needed.
The only improvement I see is what I see in many B&B. That is, that I was given a ticket to have breakfast at a caffé and it was limited to a coffe and a couple pieces of bakery.
Other than that, I higly recommend it and I will certainly stay there if I have the chance to go to Scicli again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mario D
Hi, I wanted to thank you for your contribution, I try to engage the best to make your stay as relaxing as possible, I wanted to clarify that for lunch, our guests have at their disposal as well as the classic cappuccino and croissant is also a plate of fresh fruit, savory breakfast on request, not to mention our very welcome local pastries fresca.Grazie yet his stay in scicli, I hope to see you soon, Max.
Toulouse, France
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We really enjoyed and relaxed during this one night in Scicli.
Really nice place to stay in the centre of Scicli.
Massimo is a really nice person who is ready to help and inform you in order to make the best of your stay.
The room was big.
We recommand this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank at a
Hi guys, I try to always be available to my guests for any need that they need during their stay at my b & b, pleased to have made ​​your acquaintance nice, see you soon in Scicli, Massimo.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you are looking for a base to explore the baroque towns and beaches of the Val di Noto in south-eastern Sicily I strongly recommend Scicli B&B. We arrived in Scicli (pronounced Shi-kli) after a two hour drive from Catania airport and were warmly welcomed by Max and Francesca (who acted as occasional interpreter). Max helped carry our bags to the B&B which sits behind Piazza Italia and up some steps in Via Castellett. You can easily park your car in nearby Via Guadagna. There are three rooms which are all named after fruit that grow abundantly in Sicily – we stayed in Fico d’India (prickly pear). The room was very clean, with a double and one spare bed, air conditioning, a proper shower and a fridge. The room was cleaned daily and fresh towels and bottled water were provided. Max also offers the use of umbrellas if you are heading to the beach. Breakfast is included at Bar Millennium which sits in the beautiful baroque Via Francesco Mormino Penna. We had croissants, fruit and double shots of espresso each morning.

We were made very welcome by Max throughout our seven night stay at Scicli B&B. He was consistently kind and thoughtful. He bent over backwards to make sure that everything was right for us during our stay – “Tutto a posto?” “Sì, Max. Tutto a posto!"

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Henry P
sciclimassimo, Proprietario at B&B Scicli, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Good morning guys, I just wanted to thank you for sharing your experience of your vacation and your stay in Ragusa, it was a real pleasure to host, but especially that you felt at home, I try to always go "all right" as you always wondered if it was or if you needed something, I hope to see you again very soon in Scicli, thanks again, Max.
England
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I had a real pleasant surprise when I arrived at B&B Scicli! Massimo , the owner of these delightful self-catering apartments, is very friendly and I received a great welcome. Throughout my stay Massimo was always enthusiastic and eager to make sure that everything was all ok for me (I was really impressed with this; many top hotels could learn from his enthusiasm which was totally genuine – if a problem ever did arise you feel that Massimo would soon be on to it!). My apartment was perfect, a nice cosy place, nicely furnished and in a quiet pleasant location (very close indeed to one of the main piazza’s and a short walking distance from the historic centre of Scicli). Facilities included TV, a fully functioning air conditioning unit (one of the best that I have ever experienced!), cooker, fridge, and all necessary utensils to cook yourself a good Sicilian meal! Nice comfortable bed too and a good sized wardrobe. Breakfast can be taken at the Bar Millennium which you have to visit (the food here is amazing and they give you so much!). There is lovely secluded little courtyard/patio outside the apartments with lots of gorgeous pretty and colourful flowers and it was wonderful to sit here relaxing under the hot Sicilian sun. I soon felt very relaxed in my apartment and began to feel that it really was my home and so I was sad to leave! I was sad too to leave Massimo, by the end of the week I felt that we were good friends .. Massimo does everything he can to make you feel relaxed at a home, I had a fantastic time here and hope very soon to return ... and so I have no reservations whatsoever in recommending B&B Scicli .. fantastic!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Scicli
And even if so late, because of an oversight in answering your reviews, thank you for your particular contribution, each time you return to stay at the bed and breakfast scicli is to me a proof that the living room is always your like, see you soon, Massimo.