“Paradise does exist”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Fatuosofia
Auckland, New Zealand
“Paradise does exist”
Reviewed August 8, 2010

The beach front fales are superb. Beds are fantastic and huge. All luxuries of home if you want them, yet with peace and quiet in abundance when we were there.
The Staff do the resort proud. So friendly and welcoming. The exec chef ( Ryta?? ) is awesome. You simply must try the restaurant and also the local beer is great. I loved the resort and am already arranging my return next year and I'll be bringing friends.
Other things to do I recommend - Palo Deep Marine Reserve snorkel ( at high tide ). Sliding rock - water is fantastic. Hire a car but beware dogs and pigs on the road. Do not attempt to swim under To Sua Trench - you'll kill yourself. Roco's restaurant in Apia was good too. Food said spicy but was not overly.
Looking forward to coming back to see rest of islands of Samoa.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Soraya M, General Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2015
Yeah! Thank you from Le Vasa resort "Paradise does exist"
Thank for saying our fales are superb, Beds are fantastic and huge. All luxuries of home if you want them, yet with peace and quiet in abundance here! The Staff do the resort proud, so friendly and welcoming. Awesome. You simply must try the restaurant and also the local beer is great. Thank you for saying you loved the resort and you are already arranging you return. Alofa from Le Vasa Resort!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Forest knolls
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Wow what a great experience! I had the great opportunity to visit Samoa for a second time and I can happily say I enjoyed every moment! The employees of the resort were so friendly and nice. The Ugly Mermaid Bar and Restaurant had excellent food and drinks from morning till evening. Fatu the events coordinator took me fishing just off the beach from the resort where I caught 3 big fish, which I later brought to the restaurant for the cook to make me some sashimi (yummy). The surfing in Samoa is just magical, I was luck to have the resort provide me with a professional surf tour operator who coached me enough for me to surf some very big and challenging surf. Thank You Le vasa, you made my experience incredible!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Thank you from Le Vasa Resort! "A cultural experience and good entertainment with love from Samoa." you shared your "Wow what a great experience!" Thank you for saying our employees at the resort are so friendly and nice. The Ugly Mermaid Bar and Restaurant had excellent food and drinks from morning till evening. Thank you for remembering Fatu the events coordinator took you fishing just off the beach from the resort where you caught 3 big fish, which later you brought to the restaurant for the cook to make you some sashimi (yummy). The surfing in Samoa is just magical, thank you for saying we provide you with a professional surf tour operator who coached you enough for you to surf some very big and challenging waves. Thank You from Le Vasa Resort, glad we made your experience incredible!
sydney
Reviewed July 31, 2010

I stayed at Le Vasa twice during my trip to Samoa - in the garden fale and another similar room near reception. These rooms were more reasonably priced compared to the more luxurious fales on the water front but they were very comfortable and clean. I was travelling on my own and felt very safe.

Susan was super helpful, suggesting different things to do and picking me up from the airport and dropping me at the ferry etc... These things just made it easy to get on with relaxing. Also Mary and Seresa were gorgeous and Jenny whizzed up some fab cocktails during happy hour. The staff really made you feel like family - without being over the top or intrusive about it, my privacy always respected.

Food was really good and the Fia Fia night (Friday) was great - I had seen about 5 different ones during my stay in Samoa and it was the best I'd seen!

I would really recommend you stay at Le Vasa. Beautiful spot and caring staff and it's better than staying in Apia, especially if you are flying in and then heading over to Savaii - it's nice and close to the ferry too.

Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank annelouisedavis
LeVasaResort, Public Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2016
Thank you for recommending us to others, our awesome staff, fabulous drinks and you liked our standard rooms. See you again in paradise it's wonderful you have stayed with us a couple of times.
spink1972
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Although the owner and lady from Tolaga Bay were nice enough, this was a real mixed bag. We had no help with our luggage - and it was a wee way to our room, including up some stairs. The food was very expensive and of variable quality. Wouldn't recommend the fish cakes but the club sandwich (triple decker?) was nice. Breakfasts were stingy compared with other places we have stayed, and when I very politely asked for extra jam and butter as we didn't get enough for our two slices of bread, I had a very curt response.

The location is lovely, but there wasn't much around and about in the way of restaurants so you are stuck with the very pricey food here, which is about triple the cost of food at the Le Legoto on Savaii, and more expensive than Aggie Greys in town.

I wouldn't stay here again. Rather, I would spend the extra money and stay at Aggie Greys resort. We went there for lunch and the staff were great and the food very reasonably priced.

The bed was small and uncomfortable, with heaps of roll together.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank spink1972
Auckland
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed at Le Vasa from 7 nights, we had one grandmother 3 adults, 2 teenagers and one 6 year. The staff were amazing and friendly, the fales where perfect for privacy and relaxing. Everyone in my family have great things to say about Le Vasa.
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the Samoan culture in a relaxed and friendly environment. Thanks to Susan and the team for making it one of the most memorable holidays i will ever have.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for saying you had an amazing time here, friendly staff, perfect for privacy and relaxation. We are glad you all enjoyed your stay and have great memories of our place and are happy to recommend us. Look forward to your return.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We were meant to stay at Aggie Greys but gratefully couldn't get in. we were very pleased we didn't when we went down to have a swim at their beach. There were people and children everywhere and we were pleased to get back to our quiet haven. Our family is spread from our mother who is nearlly blind, my sister and myself and 4 children aged 6,14,18 and 22. All of us enjoyed the stay and were more then happy to call le Vasa home at the end of each day, we were made to feel very welcome,nothing was too much trouble and everyone was catered for no matter their age. The staff made the holiday and were very friendly and helpful.
I would suggest a car as we were an hour from Apia and could also experience other parts of Upolo.The fales were well appointed,clean and private. We cast a fishing line off the front deck at the end of the day with the sun setting and a glass of wine in hand. Lovely.The special table set up by the water with hurricane lamps on the last night - fabulous.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your saying you had a fabulous time here, that we have friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, that you are happy to call our resort your home and we made your holiday. See you again in the future.
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed July 27, 2010

Read all reviews before booking here, there is a common issue!!!!!
We came in off the street as Aggie Greys was booked out. Spent 2 nights here. We got a discounted rate of WST $1000.00 per night for one of the fales by the pool. Facilites we average. There was no breakfast in the package. All meals were way over priced, small and not of the quality you would have expected for the price.
I expect to pay good money for a good product, but here you just get shafted every step of the way. The Samoan staff are like the rest of Samoa, beautiful people. I just hope that because of the high prices, the Samoan staff are on a above average wage. Some how I would think not. You will not experience any Samoan culture here.
My advice, unless you have money to burn, leave this place well alone. I have been to Samoa 3 times this year and Aggies runs rings around this place for quakity and value.

3 Thank Kiwigoddy
Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa
Saletoga Sands Resorts
Saletoga Sands Resorts
#1 of 1 in Matatufu

Been to Le Vasa Resort? Share your experiences!