All reviews manono island tropical breakfast fish games room close to the airport air con bat island ferry terminal sunset cruise waters edge fia fia night overlooking the lagoon local samoan sun loungers beautiful pool cultural experience stayed nights
Reviewed June 2, 2017

We have stayed here before and 5 years later, it still is a great place for a family vacation.
From the friendly local staff to the activities, the amenities and the relaxing vibe!
Thank you for accommodating us all in such short notice. Don't know why i booked elsewhere which turned out to be a absolute disaster. Ive learnt my lesson and will always return to Le Vasa Resort!
Faafetai Lava
Alofa atu

Room tip: Villas are the absolute choice for families. Close to all amenities and the view is breathtaking!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
LeVasaResort, Public Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

BIG THANK YOU! You and your family were absolutely lovely guests, your children so polite and it was such a treat to have you here again, it was our pleasure to host you on your family vacation! We really appreciate you taking the time to write the review. We look forward to your return Faa fetai Lava Alofa xoxo!

Reviewed June 2, 2017

We had a most delightful vacation in Le Vasa Resort Samoa, The food was french/Polynesian which was wonderful, the manager and the staff was very good team to serve us. We were very happy.
We enjoyed a cultural dancing in Samoa in the resort, and thank you very much Le Vasa Resort, We come back in the future from Europe.

See Again.

Room tip: Room Number 9 is very good/romantic, open's up to ocean. Has privacy
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LeVasaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We are pleased that you were happy and enjoyed our entertainment and thought we have a good managment team and friendly staff. We look forward to your return one day in Samoa! Big Alofas to you xoxo!

Reviewed May 30, 2017 via mobile

I stayed 10 days in Le Vasa Resort and the service was 5 star and my girlfriend and I had a romantic time there and the manager was a very kind and loving person to everyone and myself and all the employer's worked as a team and thank very much Le Vasa Resort I will Come back!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
LeVasaResort, Public Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Thank you for your review, saying we have a romantic place, we appreciate your comments about our staff and management. We look foward to your return. Alofas xoxo

Reviewed May 28, 2017

Me and My friends and family stayed at Le Vasa for 12 nights that was for 18 Pax in our group , a very good revenue for our stay... and I would expect to be treated well nothing special but good hospitality skills ... the majority of the staff were great it was mainly soraya who as no hospitality skills whatsoever

My first complaint was before I even made the booking, I spoke to soraya on he phone and she was not intrested what I had to say, and was so rude and unhelpful I hung up and rang the next day and dealt with Danni and Tony (GM) who were great
I did not know at the time she was the owner until we arrived.

my second complaint was the first Friday night we were there she decided to have a staff meeting in the bar/rest in front of everyone. we at first didn't pay much notice then we heard her saying such disrespectful things to the staff which was so unprofessional. it was disgusting!!!

my third complaint is , If soraya had a problem with me and my friends , she should have come to see me not go and pull one of our group to oneside to pass on a message to us and talk a load of lies.

my 4th complaintis, The restaurant !! The prices are exc essive for the food you are served...theres no variety in the menu and they are not flexible. I just wanted a sandwich 1slices of bread with cheese and onion and they said they couldn't do it or they would have to charge me 26tala $14.... on another occasion I was just wanting mash potato and gravy and they charge me 25tala $13which is quite excessive.. In my experience you go out of your way to oblidge a guest. I was,nt asking for a trip to the moon!!!!! I just wanted something to eat. also room service charge 15tala $7.50 5 star
in Australia is only $4.50

In summerising this review I would just like to say there is no way I would stay at Le Vasa Resort again! unless soraya gets her act together.. she needs to know you don't treat guest in that way, You never say no you can't do it!!! there is always a solution you have to keep the guest happy that's if you want a successful business....... also keep your staff happy too, don't put the fear of god into them because we felt there is an undercurrent happening the staff just seem frightened to even have a conversation with the guest, in case they get into trouble which is definitely a no no !! in hospitality.
I suggest you train your staff not threaten them!! and try to get that positive outlook happening and you might start to get good reviews............

• Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank josie9992017

Thank you for saying we have a great location and good staff!
The family that you came with were all very grateful to the management, employees and owners for providing several special group discounts from the accommodation to cultural activities and tours that they did.

You made a reservation thru Booking.com in a standard room while the rest of your group booked directly with us in oceanfront bungalows and villas. You rang because you were upset by the confirmation email you received, stating you had booked a room only option without breakfast or transfers included and disputed this. You thought you were in a similar room type as the rest of your group although you booked the least expensive room, overlooked what you booked and when we informed you of the details and location of the room, you realised it was not suitable for 3 women. Soraya recommended that you upgrade to an oceanfront bungalow and she gave you a very good discounted price and inclusions.

Our wonderful service is the direct result of our weekly staff meetings, we were near a private section of the restaurant ; Soraya was giving examples of negative and positive situations as well as role playing, dealing with how to address these in the best way. Unsuitably, when you 3 ladies came up to the bar for happy hour cocktails and hung around ease dropped on the conversation and assumed the worst. You asked one of the managers if you could have a word with the employees and insulted Soraya in front of them without knowing what the discussion was all about. She was reading from a hospitality handbook on points of hygiene practice and how to deal with various challenging situations. You and your friends told the staff that they should NOT listen to anything she said which was extremely inappropriate and disrespectful .
Later in the evening you apologized to Tony and Fatu for everything you said. You went over a few hours later to speak to Soraya when you were highly intoxicated, proceeded to say that you had been in hospitality for years and voiced how you thought she should run her business. She listened to you even when you were drunk and for your safety, Soraya even asked the staff to escort you to your room and as this happened on most evenings. A young man in the group approach Soraya after listening to your comments to her and apologized for you and your friends derogatory comments.
We always encourage the staff to interact with the guests in a welcoming and professional manner. You mentioned frightened staff and an undercurrent happening, the workers were very uncomfortable because of the aggressive and rude behaviour you 3 ladies had, bad mouthing the owners to staff and guests daily. Demanding the employees to go beyond their authority level to satisfy what you wanted, when the staff mentioned they needed a managers approval on most of your requests, you questioned them and told them to do as you wished which in turn undermined the policies of the resort. Daily you asked for free juice and coffee all day, dictated the prices on items, each day your food orders were primarily side dishes and items that were always outside the menu. Often you ordered food and then returned it half eaten, then refused to pay, your drunken outbursts disrespected other guests and personnel by yelling across the pool and restaurant throughout most evenings.

Your unprofessional behaviour lead to inappropriate advances towards staff members, as well as gifting to specific employees in front of all of the workers showed favouritism and a conflict of interest which in turn made others feel unworthy.
It wasn't easy for any of the staff to deal with the constant interference or the complicated situation and it saddens us and we all hope that you understand that your presumptions lead to such unnecessary dismay. It is a shame for someone in hospitality so long that you refused to listen to anything the staff or management discussed with you and immediately on your return your FIRST review on trip advisor you wrote a review based on assumptions. If the management mistreats its employees then why are the majority of them working here for years..
If you read the several 100's of reviews left by others you will understand that the staff are wonderful because the management and owners put a lot of time and effort into them by way of training, support, communicating life skills that they do not receive at home and so much more. We have been awarded certificates of excellence from Trip advisor several times based on the rave reviews about how much the guests felt at home, our friendly staff, great service and how the management always went out of their way for them. We always endeavour to do our best and we wish you well in your future travels.

Reviewed May 27, 2017

We stayed here after an overnight flight from Sydney. It's a well located place with good standards for Samoa but the sea around was just OK given the promontory, rather than bay location. We had to move rooms which was a pain. But the biggest disappointment was witnessing the casual and unpleasant behaviour of the manager/owner and how she mistreats her employes. If one makes it that far, I would recommend to continue to Manono and enjoy Sunset View Falas or elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank tondastours

Thank you for saying we have a well located place and good standards in Samoa. It is usual if you had to move rooms unless you opted to upgrade or choose another room similar, we do apologize for the inconvenience as choices may have been yours or we opted to have you in a more comfortable room. We find the comment of the manager/ owner odd bearing in mind you decided to write this review nearly a year later after you said you stayed here, when in fact you were living in Japan for a year and moved back home to Prague Czech Republic in July 2016, were just here overnight same time? It is a very suspicious review considering that you would assume you could interpret how a staff member behaved or thought you knew who someone was.
We do take our reviews seriously and always endeavour to do our best.