“Wonderful last night splurge”
Review of Le Vasa Resort

Le Vasa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Fatuosofia
Ponsonby, Auckland
“Wonderful last night splurge”
Reviewed June 27, 2009

We spent the last night here after a few days in a cold water shower place on Savai'i. It was heaven. Beautiful landscaping, view from our deck of flying fish scooting across the waves. Lovely comfortable bed and cotton sheets. [hard to find in Samoa]. Saraia , Susan, Jenny, Fatu and the crew could not have been more helpful or friendly. They made the place.
It is a lovely pool in a lovely setting and we would like to go back for longer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Forest knolls
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Upon my arival I was met with traditionaly dressed Samoan men and women some played instruments and others smiled and welcomed me. One of the men "Fatu" danced and clapped leading the goup in song which made me feel very welcome. I came to Samoa to relax have a few drinks, surf some waves and eat good food... well La Vasa Resort made it happen and I am grateful. Great staff, and guides for my surf adventures Thank You Samoa, much love and blessings.
Forest Knolls, California

• Stayed February 2009
LeVasaResort, Public Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your amazing review. We look forward to your return to Samoa, time for more surfing and fun under the sun.
australia
Reviewed May 25, 2009

we were supposed to stay at le vasa for 5 nights for our wedding anniversary but checked out disgusted after tolerating only two nights...
bad management
bad service
toilet did'nt work
then no water
we had a boat booked and this was cancelled on us , they didn't bother telling us we just seen the small boat being removed from the water......
no apology and a "too bad attitude"when confronted.
after a storm we had no electricity so asked for a candle.... no candles
no toilet paper... find it yourself
food over priced
no insect spray for room, asking done nothing
soruya the manager and scott, have a rude attitude
won't stay there again if it was free
do not reccommend this so called "resort "of higher accommodation???

• Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AustraliaSharon
LeVasaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2016
Many guests feel the opposite that we a wonderful resort with great service. Remember when a storm or cyclone is coming we must act fast and protect the guests as well and the resort belongings important to be patience in a time of crisis. most resort do not have power when a major storm hits, we luckily now have a generator:)
It is important for people to read many reviews to determine what we are offering here at Le Vasa Resort and ultimately experience for themselves as everyone knows you will never make 100% of the guests happy and natural disasters and human error can happen as well as circumstances. Thank you from Le Vasa Resort we genuinely always do our best to improve and offer a lovely stay.
Stockholm
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Me and my husband stayed at Le Vasa Resort for 11 days in April 2009 together with our families, and it was the most incredible, amazing, and perfect holiday ever. We got married at Le Vasa Resort on the 11th of April 2009, and the wedding was just like we had imagine a South Pacific wedding would be (it was even better!). Thank you, Soraya (owner of Le Vasa), for making our wedding and holiday to such a great expereince. The staff at this resort is just lovely, and we became very good friends with the people working at this resort (Susan, Tafu, Seresa, Lily, Right and everyone else at this resort - we miss you very much....). The food that was prepared by the chef Right was excellent, fresh fish was served every day. The resort has the most magnificant garden, the fales are really big and very clean, located just by the water. We definitely recommend this resort!

Sweden
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I have just spent 8 days at Le vasa and Samoa with my family. I just loved Samoa, it was so beautiful. We stayed at Le vasa resort and the room was perfect, the food was excellent! The staff was very kind so I deeply recomend you to stay at le vasa. My sister did get married at Le vasa and the cermony was the best ever!
I'm looking forward to go back! I miss it som much....

Australia
Reviewed April 13, 2009

The best and only place to stay in samoa. Stayed at several locations whilst on holidays in Samoa on both islands and this was the only place which lived up to the pictures. The staff are friendly, welcoming and professional. The facilities were exceptionally clean and very comfortable. The chef provided the best meals we recieved whilst on vacation as was more than happy to cater for a vegetarian. This is a beautiful location and better and more impressive than the photos show. Will be returning to Samoa in the near future and only staying at Le Vasa. In comparison to other resorts Le Vasa is true value for money and worth every cent. This was the last place we stayed at whilst on vacation and was the perfect ending to our trip. Our only regret was that we had not booked Le vasa for the whole time. If we had stayed at this resort we surely would not have returned to Samoa again. Thankyou to Le Vasa staff and management for making our holiday what we had expected and look forward to returning.

1 Thank 0000Austraila
auckland
Reviewed March 21, 2009

Wow, what a spectacular place to see and enjoy the serene environment and experience Le Vasa Resort offers their clients. I had the best time with my partner. We were looking for a place to go that was afordable and yet offered everything a 5 star resort does. Susan greeted us at the airport and she was full of life and so happy to make our experience a pleasurable one. The resort is all oceanfront and the gardens were gorgeous, we had so many different places to hang out. Le Vasa was not crowded and the service was excellent. The oceanfront fales were really oceanfront, we have stayed at many resorts before when they advertise that they are oceanfront and that wasn't he case at all. Le Vasa's fales were tidy, warm, inviting, comfortable, artisitic and you could see the ocean from every room. Koreti greeted us with a smile every morning, she is like the mother of the resort offering whatever assistance she could to make your stay more enjoyable. Miriama was an excellent server and knew just what we wanted to drink or eat she gave us a lot of options. The people of Samoa are so gracious and wanted us to experience the best of everything they could offer.

My partner and I looked at Fiji, Tonga and Samoa, we thougth it was best to go to Samoa and we are soooo glad we did. We swam in the pool, laid out at the beach, enjoyed fabulous meals everyday, Tevita and Wright are some of the best chefs, you must try their food, Tevita made the best Filet Mignon I have ever had! Wright's seasfood pasta was to die for, we licked our plates clean. I think the two chefs must have been having an insided contest because each one wanted to be sure their meals were the best.

Toa took us out for an island tour around most of Upolo, you really need more than one day to really see the island I would say either go on two full day tours or rent a car for a couple of days. We were so lucky the weather was just beautiful the whole time we were there. December thru March is Samoa's wet season but we never saw the rain so I guess we were the lucky ones plus we didn't have heeps of people it was nice to be in Samoa when it wasn't crowded. Samoa is so unspolied I hope Samoa stays the way it is for a long time and it seems like the people really want to keep it that way.

It just so happens that Wright is also the captain offering boating activities and he took us out on a lovely boat trip, we went snorkeling, and cruised around the island of Manono which is a must and then back to the resort just in time for one of the best Sunset's we have ever seen.

My partner and I were so glad that they did not have TV's in the rooms and we actually had the chance to rekindled our relationship, we needed a break so bad from the hustle of the Auckland lifestyle that it was such a wonderful trip we want to go back again maybe later this year or next year. We would reccommend Samoa and Le Vasa Resort to anyone.

When we cruised around the island we stopped at Sinale and Coconuts and neither of those resorts had staff that smiled at us and the ambience was just not what we thought it would be. The resorts were nice but just overpriced and not inviting, so we were glad that we made the right choice about Le Vasa.

We took a 5 minute taxi ride to Aggie's Beach resort and had diner there, the drinks were so expensive it was more than you would pay at home and the food was just awful, we couldn't eat our meals. The thing I liked about Aggie's was the Swimming pool with the swim up bar other than that it was noisy with kids running around everywhere and the restaurants were overpriced.

Apia Downtown is okay, a busy little town, it was nice to see the fruit and flea market that's definitely a must, but I rather spent time chilling at the resort. I suppose the best night I had at the resort was their Fia Fia night when we got to see the fire dancer and the staff do a fantastic performance of their cultural dance. Don't miss out on the Fia Fia night.

Lastly, make sure that you take the time to sit out by the beach and have a drink and watch the spectacular sunsets.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Return to Paradise Resort & Spa
Sa'Moana Resort
Sa'Moana Resort
#9 of 30 in Apia

Been to Le Vasa Resort? Share your experiences!