“Fantastic Stay”
Review of Le Vasa Resort

Le Vasa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Fatuosofia
Reviewed December 7, 2013

My mother and I stayed here for 6 nights in November and it was absolutely fantastic. We were greeted at the airport and constantly looked after everyday.
Susan was amazing at helping us plan our days (mostly relaxing by the pool - which is 100% the best part). The day trip around the island with Paolo was also fantastic. There was heaps to do from kayaking to snorkelling to anything else you could imagine.
Everything was surprisingly cheap too! and very personal, it doesn't have the big hotel feel
We stayed in Fale 9 right on the waterfront and it was fantastic, would definitely recommend this place to anybody coming to Samoa

and hello to Dalton!

Room Tip: Fale 9 was amazing (the second most expensive one I think - the sunset villa?), it was a little more...
2  Thank Jenna94
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for saying Le Vasa Resort was absolutely fantastic. We were greeted at the airport and constantly looked after everyday. Thank you for saying Susan was amazing and helped you plan your day trip with Paulo which was fantastic! We are pleased that you had heaps to do from kayaking to snorkelling to anything else you could imagine and (mostly relaxing by the pool - which is 100% the best part). Thank you for saying Everything was surprisingly cheap too! we are happy you felt we have a personal touch. The Villa Malietoa is one of the nicest villas we have right on the waterfront and glad you thought it was fantastic, thank you for recommending Le Vasa Resort to anybody coming to Samoa:) Dalton says hello too! We look forward to your return visit to Samoa and Le Vasa Resort Alofa from the staff.

There are newer reviews for Le Vasa Resort

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Ended our 8 day trip here. I was on the search for somewhere to spend my moolah and not be disappointed by customer service. Because we're Samoan we usually experience terrible customer service from our own people - which sucks buts its reality. So I was on the hunt for somewhere I would treated just like any other paying customer. I chose this place because of the reviews. We were not disappointed.

Soraya was really helpful because I was looking for a room that we could stay until our late flight and she gave us a great deal.

Our Oceanview Fale (No. 3) was fantastic. Maybe not 5 star to others but for us superb and worth every dollar (approx $280NZD per night). Better than $495NZD at Aggies that had dreadful reviews from Samoans and others.

Bed - great quality
Bathroom - excellent
Furnishings - lovely and welcoming
Paintings - awesome pieces by Natasha (Soraya's mother)
Deck and Ocean view - stress reliever, magnificent
Docking system - for music lovers, iPods etc

Mini fridge - great but we had our own mangoes (10 for $4 tala bought from the roadside), snacks and liquor to stock with and not use the mini bar.

Aircon - worked great but a pain to have to close all the windows so we didst use it that much.

Ceiling fans - great

Garden view room - Excellent too. I would book that next time if it's just hubby and I.

Restaurant - Great food, prices a bit pricey but hey they have to earn money somehow. Anyway I am biased because Chef Andre is family lol.

Insects/Mozzies - They were biteless or venomless - I dunno??? I was covered in bites from Savaii and just in time to return home to NZ because I didn't take any insect repellent. I ended up asking one of the girls why I can see like 1 or 2 mozzies around me, expecting to be bitten but they haven't. She said they had sprayed the place not long ago. Amazing... coming across mozzies in Samoa that don't bite. I must ask Soraya who they use so my family can use them before we come over next time lol.

Customer Service - IMPECCABLE! Whoever we came across, they were really lovely, always fussing over us to see if we were ok. Nothing was a drama and most of all, they treated us just like any other paying customer.

We cannot wait to bring the kids back!! This is a great place to end your Samoa stay with, only next time I'll try for 5 nights before leaving Samoa.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kokonati75
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Wow, an amazing review thank you for saying the resort was worth every dollar spent!

Definitely put big smile on my face to hear you thought I was really helpful, we treat all our guests the same way, it was our pleasure to welcome you into our home and treat you the way you deserve with respect and love. We are pleased that your enjoyed your fale and it's quality amenities. We are glad that it worked out for you to stay in the garden room, #12 is an excellent choice when you return.

We are fortunate our area does not have many mozzie's we are the dryer side of the country and we plant lemon grass around that's the secret:)

Thank you for saying our Customer Service is IMPECCABLE! Whoever you came across,were really lovely, always fussing over you to see if we were ok. Nothing was a drama and most of all, you were treated just like any other paying customer.

Thank you we cannot wait to meet the rest of your family! Thank you for your comments about Andre he's a very good chef and that Le Vasa resort is a great place to end your stay in Samoa.

Keep in touch and when you return we will be sure to give you a great deal! Lots of alofa from Le Vasa resort.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

No good for snorkelling. We were told that the tsunami and cyclone had washed out the reef around the resort, so when we were there it was all muddy and cloudy and nothing to see. But the water temperature was beautiful and you could venture out on a complimentary canoe/kayak and the water did clean up there further out you went.
Lagoon Fale was beautiful. Large, spacious, extremely comfy bed. Small fridge and kettle provided. Air con helped on those very hot days and nights, but the rooms aren't insulated. Had beautiful sunset views everyday!
Food was average and expensive. Over cooked fish. When you look at the exchange rate to Australian Dollars, the average food price was $30 - $50 AUD - and the food just wasn't up to that standard.
A perfect resort if you want to spend most of your time in the one place. Not much to do near-by. Apia is about an hour away by taxi and bus.
Very helpful staff, managers speak great English and know the island well. Some language barriers with other staff, and if one of them is in a bad mood, you get bad service.

Room Tip: Only two Lagoon Fale's and they are set apart from the resort. The most noise you will get from...
1  Thank Hannah S
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for your comments and saying The resort itself is beautiful. Ocean views from almost everywhere. Views towards the centre of the island provide a beautiful image of one of the huge mountains. Plenty of places to rest and enjoy the views and weather.
we are pleased that you could venture out on a complimentary canoe/kayak and were able to see the crystal clear azure water around us. we are happy you thought the Lagoon Fale was beautiful, large, spacious, extremely comfy bed and saw beautiful sunset views everyday!

Important for guests to remember that nearly 90% of all goods are imported into the country so island living is more expensive that living on the mainland. We are also a resort rather than a backpackers and most people rave about the exceptional quality of our food, taste and ingredients. We have a range of prices on our menu to choose from.

We are primarily a place to relax and unwind from the hustle and bustle of the western world.
We are pleased you were able to communicate with us for your needs and you found the staff to be friendly. Thank you again for staying at Le Vasa Resort!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family stayed at Le Vasa for 2 nights at the end of an 9 day stay in Samoa. We stayed in FALE 1? which was closest to the pool and restaurant area. The Fale was spacious, clean, nicely decorated and had a homely feel to it. The bathroom was nice and everything felt modern! Food at Le Vasa was really good when compared to our previous 7 nights at Aggie Greys (theirs was just ok!) Only comment was was there should be a couple of kids options for smaller kids like ours that dont eat much!! We did ask and staff were very accommodating just making some toast for our little one!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to just chill out, relax and enjoy the fabulous location and weather. My kids had fun and so did I!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jono76

Thank you for saying Le Vasa has a peaceful setting, good food and friendly staff. We are pleased that you found the fale to be spacious, clean, nicely decorated and had a homely feel to it. We take pride in our Cuisine and thank you for saying the Food at Le Vasa was really good. You can always choose an entrée if you don't eat that much and should be suitable for children and I am glad the staff was able to accommodate you for your requests.

Thank you for saying you would recommend this to anyone who wants to just chill out, relax and enjoy the fabulous location and weather. we are happy you and your kids had fun! Thank you for staying at Le Vasa. We hope to see you return again one day to Samoa and hope you choose Le Vasa resort!

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We took a day package that Le Vasa provides. Needed a place to spend the day before our night flight. The resort itself was wonderful and the service was great. The 40tala day package included the use of the swimming pool, bikes, TV/snooker lounge, kayaks, water bikes, shower and towel. Le Vasa resort is a great place to end your holiday. Thank you Soraya and your staff for your wonderful services and say hi to Dalton. We enjoyed having him around that day.

1  Thank Sophia1081
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for saying Le Vasa Resort is a great place to end your holiday! Thank you for saying we have a wonderful resort and great service. I am pleased you enjoyed having Dalton around. It was a pleasure to meet you two lovely ladies and we hope you return to Samoa again someday and be sure to visit us at Le Vasa Resort. Dalton says hi too and remembers exactly who you are:)

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having lived in Samoa for several years, I was anxious about the return. Would it have changed too much? Would it be as beautiful as I remembered? Would the people be the same lovely, caring, beautiful Samoans that I had grown to love? YES, YES, YES!!!
We arrived early and were greeted at the Airport by Paulo who took care of everything dropping us right at the Fale (house) that we had been upgraded to. One of my friends has some trouble getting around and he noticed this right away and took extra care of her and her belongings as well as the two of us who more able to take care of ourselves. Susan McGee, the Manage greeted us and quickly signed us in so that we could enjoy the great breakfast that awaited us and then retire for some much needed sleep after the 5 hour overnight flight.
As soon as I could keep my eyes open, I was out and seeing all the beauties that surrounded us. The ocean that lapped up onto the rocks, right in front of our fale, the palm trees, Hibiscus blossoms that dotted all along the broad, white, sandy, fresh raked beach, and the plumeria fragrance drifting through the air. Was I in heaven, Yes, I think I was.
The staff was magnificent, the food, delicious, the accommodation fantastic!
I can say that I truly felt at home again, staying at the LaVasa. Susan arranged tours for us with Paulo, Napoleon, and Jason they were all great drivers and took great care of us.
The employees put on a Fia Fia (luau) for us and the young Fire Knife Dancer was one of the best that I've ever seen. I feel qualified to say this as my late husband was a GREAT SAMOAN FIRE KNIFE DANCER himself, as he was the first fire knife dancer at AGGIE'S Hotel many years ago. This young man also accompanied us on our trip around the island with Paulo. He was a wealth of information to my two friends. Paulo and I shared memories of an older time in Samoa and of course he had to drive, but the young man was able to tell of the history, culture, and legends that enlightened my friends to the many things that made me fall in love with Samoa in the first place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tigilau

Thank you we are pleased that Le Vasa Resort and Samoa were able to relieve your anxious feelings about Samoa, we are the caring beautiful people you grew to love so many years ago. Paulo and Laulii appreciate your outstanding comments. Thank you for saying our staff is magnificent, the food delicious, accommodation fantastic and that you felt truly at home here at Le Vasa resort! Everyone loves the Fia Fia night and yes we do have a great Samoan Fire knife dancer! Thank you again we are pleased your friends were enlightened by the story telling the staff shared with you all and they were able to see first hand the connection that made you fall in love with Samoa in the first place. We hope to see you and your friends again in Samoa at Le Vasa resort, Tofa Soifua

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is breath taking. Our bungalow was 6' from the ocean. Went to sleep with the sound of the waves hitting the rocks. The staff was outstanding along with the food. Paulo, our guide for 1 day was so sweet. His assistant, which I am unsure of his name, was just as sweet to me and my mother. They both told us so much about the country on our travels. Susan, the manager had the staff pack us a picnic lunch for our trip. The only downfall I found was, I am a coffee dranker, and they only have instant coffee. I did bring my own, but they don't have coffee makers. Susan did get me a coffee press, which I have to admit, it worked well and I was able to make my coffee and sit on the porch and drink my coffee while watching the waves come in. Would go back, but with my husband. Oh the best part was, Paulo serenaded us the last night we was there. He was very good and I enjoyed it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you so much for saying Le Vasa resort is breath taking and Gorgeous, and your outstanding comments about our food and Paulo our tour guide. Paulo always goes the extra mile like serenading you lovely ladies. We are pleased that Susan was able to accommodate you with a coffee press that made your experience more pleasing to drink the coffee you brought with you on your oceanfront deck. We look forward to your return to Le Vasa resort and Samoa one day. Alofa and Fa'a fetia Lava from Le Vasa Resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Fatuosofia
#1 of 1 in Matatufu
Sheraton Samoa Beach Resort
Return to Paradise Resort & Spa
Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa

Been to Le Vasa Resort? Share your experiences!