“Beautiful setting but food and tours are expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Vasa Resort

Le Vasa Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cape Fatuosofia
Mooloolaba, Australia
“Beautiful setting but food and tours are expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

No good for snorkelling. We were told that the tsunami and cyclone had washed out the reef around the resort, so when we were there it was all muddy and cloudy and nothing to see. But the water temperature was beautiful and you could venture out on a complimentary canoe/kayak and the water did clean up there further out you went.
Lagoon Fale was beautiful. Large, spacious, extremely comfy bed. Small fridge and kettle provided. Air con helped on those very hot days and nights, but the rooms aren't insulated. Had beautiful sunset views everyday!
Food was average and expensive. Over cooked fish. When you look at the exchange rate to Australian Dollars, the average food price was $30 - $50 AUD - and the food just wasn't up to that standard.
A perfect resort if you want to spend most of your time in the one place. Not much to do near-by. Apia is about an hour away by taxi and bus.
Very helpful staff, managers speak great English and know the island well. Some language barriers with other staff, and if one of them is in a bad mood, you get bad service.

Room Tip: Only two Lagoon Fale's and they are set apart from the resort. The most noise you will get from...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hannah S
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you for your comments and saying The resort itself is beautiful. Ocean views from almost everywhere. Views towards the centre of the island provide a beautiful image of one of the huge mountains. Plenty of places to rest and enjoy the views and weather.
we are pleased that you could venture out on a complimentary canoe/kayak and were able to see the crystal clear azure water around us. we are happy you thought the Lagoon Fale was beautiful, large, spacious, extremely comfy bed and saw beautiful sunset views everyday!

Important for guests to remember that nearly 90% of all goods are imported into the country so island living is more expensive that living on the mainland. We are also a resort rather than a backpackers and most people rave about the exceptional quality of our food, taste and ingredients. We have a range of prices on our menu to choose from.

We are primarily a place to relax and unwind from the hustle and bustle of the western world.
We are pleased you were able to communicate with us for your needs and you found the staff to be friendly. Thank you again for staying at Le Vasa Resort!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Tauranga, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My family stayed at Le Vasa for 2 nights at the end of an 9 day stay in Samoa. We stayed in FALE 1? which was closest to the pool and restaurant area. The Fale was spacious, clean, nicely decorated and had a homely feel to it. The bathroom was nice and everything felt modern! Food at Le Vasa was really good when compared to our previous 7 nights at Aggie Greys (theirs was just ok!) Only comment was was there should be a couple of kids options for smaller kids like ours that dont eat much!! We did ask and staff were very accommodating just making some toast for our little one!

I would recommend this to anyone who wants to just chill out, relax and enjoy the fabulous location and weather. My kids had fun and so did I!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jono76
Thank you for saying Le Vasa has a peaceful setting, good food and friendly staff. We are pleased that you found the fale to be spacious, clean, nicely decorated and had a homely feel to it. We take pride in our Cuisine and thank you for saying the Food at Le Vasa was really good. You can always choose an entrée if you don't eat that much and should be suitable for children and I am glad the staff was able to accommodate you for your requests.

Thank you for saying you would recommend this to anyone who wants to just chill out, relax and enjoy the fabulous location and weather. we are happy you and your kids had fun! Thank you for staying at Le Vasa. We hope to see you return again one day to Samoa and hope you choose Le Vasa resort!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We took a day package that Le Vasa provides. Needed a place to spend the day before our night flight. The resort itself was wonderful and the service was great. The 40tala day package included the use of the swimming pool, bikes, TV/snooker lounge, kayaks, water bikes, shower and towel. Le Vasa resort is a great place to end your holiday. Thank you Soraya and your staff for your wonderful services and say hi to Dalton. We enjoyed having him around that day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sophia1081
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for saying Le Vasa Resort is a great place to end your holiday! Thank you for saying we have a wonderful resort and great service. I am pleased you enjoyed having Dalton around. It was a pleasure to meet you two lovely ladies and we hope you return to Samoa again someday and be sure to visit us at Le Vasa Resort. Dalton says hi too and remembers exactly who you are:)
Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Having lived in Samoa for several years, I was anxious about the return. Would it have changed too much? Would it be as beautiful as I remembered? Would the people be the same lovely, caring, beautiful Samoans that I had grown to love? YES, YES, YES!!!
We arrived early and were greeted at the Airport by Paulo who took care of everything dropping us right at the Fale (house) that we had been upgraded to. One of my friends has some trouble getting around and he noticed this right away and took extra care of her and her belongings as well as the two of us who more able to take care of ourselves. Susan McGee, the Manage greeted us and quickly signed us in so that we could enjoy the great breakfast that awaited us and then retire for some much needed sleep after the 5 hour overnight flight.
As soon as I could keep my eyes open, I was out and seeing all the beauties that surrounded us. The ocean that lapped up onto the rocks, right in front of our fale, the palm trees, Hibiscus blossoms that dotted all along the broad, white, sandy, fresh raked beach, and the plumeria fragrance drifting through the air. Was I in heaven, Yes, I think I was.
The staff was magnificent, the food, delicious, the accommodation fantastic!
I can say that I truly felt at home again, staying at the LaVasa. Susan arranged tours for us with Paulo, Napoleon, and Jason they were all great drivers and took great care of us.
The employees put on a Fia Fia (luau) for us and the young Fire Knife Dancer was one of the best that I've ever seen. I feel qualified to say this as my late husband was a GREAT SAMOAN FIRE KNIFE DANCER himself, as he was the first fire knife dancer at AGGIE'S Hotel many years ago. This young man also accompanied us on our trip around the island with Paulo. He was a wealth of information to my two friends. Paulo and I shared memories of an older time in Samoa and of course he had to drive, but the young man was able to tell of the history, culture, and legends that enlightened my friends to the many things that made me fall in love with Samoa in the first place.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tigilau
Thank you we are pleased that Le Vasa Resort and Samoa were able to relieve your anxious feelings about Samoa, we are the caring beautiful people you grew to love so many years ago. Paulo and Laulii appreciate your outstanding comments. Thank you for saying our staff is magnificent, the food delicious, accommodation fantastic and that you felt truly at home here at Le Vasa resort! Everyone loves the Fia Fia night and yes we do have a great Samoan Fire knife dancer! Thank you again we are pleased your friends were enlightened by the story telling the staff shared with you all and they were able to see first hand the connection that made you fall in love with Samoa in the first place. We hope to see you and your friends again in Samoa at Le Vasa resort, Tofa Soifua
sapulpa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This place is breath taking. Our bungalow was 6' from the ocean. Went to sleep with the sound of the waves hitting the rocks. The staff was outstanding along with the food. Paulo, our guide for 1 day was so sweet. His assistant, which I am unsure of his name, was just as sweet to me and my mother. They both told us so much about the country on our travels. Susan, the manager had the staff pack us a picnic lunch for our trip. The only downfall I found was, I am a coffee dranker, and they only have instant coffee. I did bring my own, but they don't have coffee makers. Susan did get me a coffee press, which I have to admit, it worked well and I was able to make my coffee and sit on the porch and drink my coffee while watching the waves come in. Would go back, but with my husband. Oh the best part was, Paulo serenaded us the last night we was there. He was very good and I enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you so much for saying Le Vasa resort is breath taking and Gorgeous, and your outstanding comments about our food and Paulo our tour guide. Paulo always goes the extra mile like serenading you lovely ladies. We are pleased that Susan was able to accommodate you with a coffee press that made your experience more pleasing to drink the coffee you brought with you on your oceanfront deck. We look forward to your return to Le Vasa resort and Samoa one day. Alofa and Fa'a fetia Lava from Le Vasa Resort.
Kaitaia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is lovely, the fales are top notch with beautiful artwork around. Our bed was luxury!
Susan makes this place, she is like others have said a "GEM." Hard to find and very valuable. We took our 20mth old twins and 6yr old. Our son enjoyed Darltons company, which we were very greatful for!
We all loved it here. It was very close to the airport and ferry which we really liked.
This place is not overcrowded and not so commercial like Aggies. The food is good for western type of food. I had a lovely samoan massage to relax and unwind, bliss!
We will return.

Room Tip: Close to the restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for saying our place is lovely, that the fales are top notch with beautiful artwork, the staff and mom will really appreciate you taking the time to comment about the resort! Thank you for saying Susan is a "GEM" not sure what I would do without her! Dalton loves kids and we are pleased you had time out to enjoy while Dalton looked after your son. the location is good close to the ferry and airport so guests can get straight into having fun. We have 8 acres of property and only 13 oceanfront units so even when we are full it is never overcrowded. thank you for commenting on our good food Ander the chef will be pleased and the massage therapist will definitely appreciate that you enjoyed your Samoan Massage. Have to say a BIG THANK YOU for choosing Le Vasa Resort to stay at and we hope to see you again one day. Lots of ALOFA from the staff at Le Vasa Resort.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

What can I say, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Le Vasa, and your about to hear why!

As we drove up to Le Vasa you enter a tropical jungle sanctuary, the gravel path leading through the resort to the reception area provides a wonderfully serene vista leading you to the main complex. Waves of warm relaxation as your drive deeper into the magnificent gardens.

I must admit I was quite excited and we hadn't even checked in yet! We were greeted by the manager, a wonderfully warm and welcoming lady! She brought smiles to our faces and made the experience of checking in like we were checking into her home. Ever so welcome and ever so happy to have us arrive. (I knew we were going to love staying at Le Vasa!)

We were a tad early to check-in as our rooms were still being cleaned, however we had been given full access to the facilities and invited to take a drink at the bar. You don't need to tell me twice ;o)

The grounds are wonderful, a lot of care and pride has gone into the architecture of the grounds and gardens, and are beautifully maintained. The diversity of the tropical flora touches you and is quite an immersive experience leading to relaxation and peace.

The pool is lovely, and enjoys full sun for those wanting to work your tan lines, and the bar is a stone throw away. A games room is just off to the side of the bar and the pool with pool table and television were we caught up many times for a drink and a few rounds of pool in the evening.

Our rooms were gorgeous, fly screens on all windows (so nothing gets in, not that you need to worry about that at Le Vasa). The room was well ventilated, in fact we opened up all the windows to get that lovely sea breeze blowing through, there is aircon however I prefer nature to air conditioning (I've left the office for a reason!)

Comfortable beds, Samoan decor, and hygienic facilities which face a wondrous expanse of ocean. You guessed it, the water is that clear you see a myriad of aquatic life swimming past as if you were not there. Sleeping in the Oceanvilla's revitalises your mind and soul ready for a day of exploring which we were set to do.

The restaurant has an excellent selection of local and European foods and the warm and welcoming staff care for you every need with a smile. Please show them your manners they are wonderful people please show them your gratitude with a smile and conversation :)

If you need assistance with any tours or things to do, please engage with staff they are friendly and more than happy to get you to where you need to go.

But on the WiFi.. Ok so I relax by being connected, I know, I'm sick and addicted. Le Vasa use Lavaspot which you can find around the island at various place, its fast and efficient and good value for money. Yep my Facebook friends were probably getting sick of all the amazing photos I kept uploading ha ha! Poor them :P

A note on day passes, 20 Tala grants you access to the pool, beach and other facilities. We actually stopped in while waiting for our flight back home as we had an evening flight, everyone was so happy to see us return, so a quick long island ice tea and we hit the road once again.

In closing, this boutique resort is worth every Tala, the staff are truly amazing and the one of the nicest things I felt was you feel like family, your are home when you are at Le Vasa.

Thank you for so many good memories, and look forward to saying with you again!

All the best, and please keep well, lots of love,

Reece and Ben from New Zealand

our check-in was seamless. We did arrive a tad early to check-in however

Room Tip: Just do it! You will not be let down
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ben F
nativemeannativegal, Manager at Le Vasa Resort, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you Ben & Reece we too believe here at Le Vasa Resort we have a little slice of island paradise! Wow what can I say, just a stunning review, thank you so much for thoroughly enjoying your stay at Le Vasa Resort! Thank you for all your comments, about the excellent food, warm and welcoming staff, gorgeous rooms, comfortable beds, and wonderful grounds. Thank you for saying the resort is worth every tala, we are pleased you found value for your money and that the staff were truly friendly, often we shed a few tears when our guests depart, as they have become part of our family. These reviews help us so much, to encourage us to continue doing our best, help us improve on what we don't realize and to know people really appreciate all our love and effort. Our goal is to be the highlight of all of our guest's holiday stay at Le Vasa Resort. We hope that our guests have fond memories of us, that they can share their experience about Samoa and the resort with their friends and family. Finally, we hope we have made a good impression our guests so that they will return to our beautiful country the treasured islands of the South Pacific, Samoa. Alofa, from Le Vasa Resort, I will be sure to ready your glowing review to the staff at the next meeting. Thank you Ben and Reece!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cape Fatuosofia
Sa'Moana Resort
#10 of 30 in Apia
Sinalei Reef Resort & Spa
Saletoga Sands Resort & Spa

Been to Le Vasa Resort? Share your experiences!