Samui Green Hotel
$115
  • Beachfront
$397
LuxuryCollection
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$128
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$66
  • Pool
Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$177
$154
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$111
Agoda.com
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$300
$70
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$122
Hotels.com
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$142
All reviewsbudget hotelrestaurant downstairsfrench guysfacing the streetno liftmini fridgeminute walk to the beachrecommend this hotelone nighteasy access to the beacha king size bedwalking streetair conflat screen tvstayed here for nightslaundry servicenice stay
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I stayed here with a friend for a few nights when travelling round Thailand, the rooms are clean and comfortable and hotel is in a good location. HOWEVER there was a big group of lads stayin across from us - this wasn't a bad thing as they were nice enough but when they had come back from a night out if me and my friend were in bed the reception staff had no problem unlocking our door and letting them into our room so we ended up avin drunk men in our room at 5am!!! They were lovely guys but the hotel staff had no way of knowng this!! Also one night the reception staff let a guy into our room didnt turn the lights on and we woke up to a dark figure leaning over us - thankfully we knew them but can you imagine the danger of this practice!! two 19 year old girls in Thailand - i wouldn't particularly recommend this place if you would be worried about security!! Another night when me and my friend came back from a night out the group of guys had been let in our room and they had filled our bathroom with all the plants from the hallway which they thought was hilarious and then the hotel tried to charge me and my friend to clean it up in the morning!!!!
Overall it was fine because they were friendly but if they hadnt have been it would have been a different story - letting people in your self is one thing but when the staff are doing it and you have no choice its another!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Megz21
Reviewed February 6, 2010

very nice hotel, good location - close to the beach, close to the main street and restaurants, bars, disco clubs.....

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElitsaN
Reviewed January 9, 2010

Stayed here for 5 nights over new year, i had reviews that said road rooms where noisy but I choose to ignore that, this was a mistake. There is a cabaret show and rock bar oppsite and it is so noisy, one night the Rock kept us awake to 6am, it was like they where playign the music in our room.

The rooms itself are very nice, large rooms with A/C, fridge, good bathroom, a double and single bed, and Sat TV.

The staff seemed friendly enough, but got the feeling that tehy couldnt be bothered to help us, when we where trying to both rooms and get a motorbike.

Apart from the noise, the loaction was excellent, 2 minutes walk to the beach. plenty of bars and restuarants withing walking distance.

I personally didnt really Chaweng, too much like Blackpool with sunl, would next time go to bophut, much nicer.

But if you plan to go to Chaweng this hotel would be great if you plan to stay out all night and party or you book a garden room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaveK78
Reviewed March 6, 2009

Stayed here for one night - had an early flight back to Bangkok the next morning. Green Hotel is clean although the halls did reek of stale cigarette smoke. Didn't permeate into the rooms though so not a big deal.
It looks a bit rough - the reception area is tiny and the staircase is super skinny. Once you enter your room, it all changes. The rooms are a decent size and clean. Comfy beds. Close to main drag and beach - but not noisy.
Staff booked a taxi transfer the next morning to the airport for us.
Recommend it for an overnight stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I booked through www.sawadee.com
Peak Season ~ Jan 2008.

Many Changes on Koh Samui. Not a Backpackers Haven! *This is the most expensive Island but well worth the stay. There isn't a budget to suit every-one's needs here. The Green Hotel is the best buy for a budget hotel.

Chaweng has really been cleaned up at both ends. South and North. Chewang Beach Road had been converted into a one way street...
Chaweng Beach Road starts out a 2 way street and changes to a one way street at the Family Mart. All the Song Tao's turn left here, on Sala Koy Road. (They come back around at Co Co's Blues Co. about 4 Km down the North end.)

*The Green Hotel is across the street 1/4 block South, of Sala Koy Road beside the Seven Eleven store.

*You do not want to stay any farther South than this. (Or it is too far.) This is the spot! The location is what sold me. Suited my needs and for Chaweng prices ...It was bomb-diggitty! Easy access to the beach. It's friendly, rooms are big and clean, good location and safe. Rooms cleaned daily. *Ask for a quiet room at the back facing the garden and you'll be fine.

There's no lift. I walked 4 flights but not a biggy! Each flight only has 8 small steps. They send your bags up on a luggage lift. They meet your bags on your floor and bring your bags to your room. (Tip 20 B) Bring a pad lock for a locker. (The lockers are close to the desk.) It is very safe and secure. Rooms have a couple of English stations on TV.

Mini bar and fridge in room. You can stock up at the Seven/Eleven. (It's cheaper!) The hotel's on the beach side of the road. The beach is much better at this end. (South.)

I thought I had booked the Green Guest House in the center of Chaweng but the Green Hotel is about 2 Km South and it turned out to be better. I stayed Jan 14 /08. $50. night (OUCH!) but the price drops to $35. on Jan 15th, which made it a deal.

From the center to the North end of the beach, the jet ski's roar! The South end is great for tanning and having everything to brought to your blanket. Great area for evening walk-a-bouts too. (If you get lost walking... use the Banana Fan Sea Samui for a land mark. The Green Hotel is 1 block south.)

The sand really is white, power! ...So soft you don't need shoes. You can walk in bare feet! And what about that clear, turquoise blue water!. You can see your feet at the bottom.

I tanned in front of a long white fence, next to the Buri Raga Village, on the beach. When I wanted a treat other than the
refreshing Frozen Cola-Lemon Popsicles, (the vendors sell them and much more,) I walked up to the bar at the Buri Raga Village and told them I wasn't a guest.

...Explained I was tanning right out front, on the beach. Asked if I could buy a drink? They didn't mind at all. Try a Water-Melon Blender Drink. They were so refreshing! I took the glass back when finished, and they were fine with it. Delicious! (130 B)

Chaweng Beach is what makes Samui expensive.
It definitely out ranks Jomtien, near Pattaya. Jomtien doesn't even make the map in comparison! Chaweng Beach is picture perfect!

*Avoid Lamai Beach (1/2 hour ride South.) - it's a coral beach. ...Hurts the feet and the water is filthy, and it doesn't have powdery white sand.

I left early in the morning. Only took 10 Minutes to get to the airport.

Sawatdee Kaa!