All reviews dr frogs apple tv bedroom villa great seaview chef massimo attached restaurant huge terrace loved waking up in the morning room service pizza tasteful furniture peace quiet highly recommend a stay noi beach koh samui spacious balcony infinity pool incredible stay
Reviewed March 16, 2017

We stayed for 1 week at Boujis and really enjoyed it, especially the views from the large balcony. David was there to greet us which was a lovely touch and makes you feel welcome immediately. David has only taken over Boujis a little while ago and is very eager to improve the potentially delightful villas.
We have made a few suggestions, like updating the bathroom, which David has told us, is already in the process and it will make a huge difference. The bedroom is lovely and does not need any improvements. Also the furniture on the balcony were very cosy and comfortable and makes you want to spend your time there.
The combination in having Dr Frogs there for breakfast (or lunch or dinner) is wonderful as food is incredibly good and staff get to know you and greet you like old friends after only 2 days.
The mobile phone idea is great also as it gives you a sense of security if you need anything. You have room service in form of food being delivered from Dr Frogs which is great if you feel like staying in and enjoy your balcony even more.
Since there is no traditional reception area, David can be found from 8 am to 5 pm for any questions or help regarding taxis etc. Outside these times, the staff at Dr Frogs are happy to arrange taxis for you.
The only thing which we found a little sad is, that we left on a Sunday and David was not there to say good bye which we thought would have been nice. We would come back again and look forward to see how everything has developed as we are sure, David will put his heart and soul into it.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AndreaL911
Boujis2017, General Manager at Boujis Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2017

Andrea - now I'm sad you were sad that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye!

Thank you for your great review. We have the bones at this resort, and we will continue to work on issues to make things better and better. Thank you for seeing our desire to improve and make Boujis a really special place to return to again and again.

Your feedback was very helpful, and we've even kept your re-design on the patio :)

Thank you for your kind words about Dr Frogs - we have an incredible team and the food really is delicious.

We look forward to welcoming you back and I will do my best to be there on arrival and on departure.

Kind regards - David

Reviewed March 9, 2017

We arrived and had a warm welcome by the staff. I booked the executive 1 bedroom villa and it did not disappoint. We had a 10 day stay here so I done my research. The shower was outside and we had our own little seating area with a comfy couch and a hammock overlooking what I can only describe as perfect views. The bed was massive and ridiculously comfy. It was cleaned daily to a brilliant standard. The pool was fantastic again with beautiful views. There's a little house next door where you can get laundry done, hire a motorbike/scooter and get a taxi which was very handy. It's a long walk if you want to find a variety of restaurants (15-30 mins).

As my partner and I were travelling, the restaurant was over-priced for us however we did have breakfast twice which I could not fault. The scrambled egg was the best I've tasted while travelling around SE Asia. We had dinner one night for my birthday and the steak was delicious. Again, I could not fault. The staff even sang Happy Birthday and delivered me with a birthday dessert.

The only complaint I have is the mosquitoes which absolutely loved my partner and I. As the shower and bathroom is outside in this villa, we ended up spending around 30GBP trying to keep these little beasts away and that still didn't work. Unfortunately, the weather took a turn and we were stuck in the villa for 4 days. The rain still managed to soak the couch in our covered outside living area so we were literally stuck in the room. Thankfully we had Apple TV provided in the room to entertain us.

I would highly recommend Boujis Boutique and would gladly return.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamsB28
Boujis S, General Manager at Boujis Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2017

Thank you so much for your lovely review!

The bathroom in your villa is the first one we've remodeled with an outdoor concept. We will immediately look into ways to keep the mosquitos at bay in this environment - so sorry they were such a pain in the... well wherever it was they bit you!

Every time I show that Villa (#15) to our guests, I can't help but picture myself hanging out in that hammock enjoying, as you said, perfect views. We are also thrilled you loved the bed and bedding - we had many long conversations about choosing the right bedding!

Great "insider's tip" about the house at the end of our property - thank you for sharing.

And gosh darn mother nature for raining on your vacation! Thank god for the Apple TV and thank god you knew how to use it correctly! I'm sure there was some Netflix binge watching going on.

If your travel plans bring you back to Koh Samui, we would love to welcome you back, and thank you for your valuable feedback!

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Despite having been to Asian beaches more than a dozen times (mostly in Bali) in the past sixteen years and having visited Chiang Mai multiple times, somehow I managed to avoid beaches in Thailand all this while. So I was looking forward to my first time in Koh Samui and at the same time was a little apprehensive of being disappointed by something that would never equal Bali... which in my view intersects with Heaven itself in the months of July and August. It was imperative I found a quality resort to stay at, so at least I could feel rested and pampered even if Koh Samui turned out to be a dud. Put off by some harsh reviews of my go-to hotel brands like the Sheraton and unwilling to spend over the top at a Vana Belle, I was thrilled to discover Boujis Boutique and arrived with high expectations.

I loved staying there! The location and view were to die for. Boujis sits on a lovely outcrop of rock and the picture I have attached is the view from the balcony of my villa. I don’t know if there are other such locational gems on Samui but Boujis is the only one I could find along the Chaweng strip. What a view, what a view, what a view! I spent at least two hours a day – early in the morning and late at night – just sprawled on the sofa in the large balcony and listening to the sea while reading or musing or napping. It was a one-bedroom villa with a kitchenette and that balcony, provided with everything you’d expect from a top-end resort in terms of amenities (including a very thoughtful mobile phone with key local numbers) and decorated tastefully, like a home away from home. We never used the kitchenette, though, because the restaurant was excellent: classy Italian fare and utterly delightful Thai cuisine, all sensibly priced so we never really felt we had to save money and eat outside unless we were outside for a reason. And the sea view there too was grand.

Koh Samui on the ground also acquitted itself well, handily beating my low expectations. I do believe this was to a large extent because Chaweng Noi, which is the dinky little beach Boujis is near, might be the best stretch of friendly water in Koh Samui. I am a hopeless swimmer and the water was gentle and crystal clear – I could stand chest-deep and see my feet. Incredible. I’m also sure I benefited from being there in the low season because Chaweng Noi really is dinky – you could walk the length of it while sipping two coconuts.

Sounds idyllic, doesn’t it? And it was and I would go back in a heartbeat. So why the four-star review? Well, it’s that homey thing. Your mileage may vary but I like my homes away from home to feel less lived in than the real thing. I thought my villa was a little too far along the rustic side of charming. Having to fight the stiff bolts on the doors was a bit annoying, there was a broken slat in the balcony and the toilet seat was unstable probably because some screws were loose. The sofa in the balcony is a wonderful idea but the fabric looked weather-worn. The service was pleasant and generally pretty good but sometimes spotty... the room service number wasn’t working at first (sorted out later) and no one fixed that toilet seat (but I never was at risk of being flushed away… it just disturbed my zen a little).

Back in Hong Kong, writing this in an apartment that is just a couple of years old and shiny all over but with a view of a busy road intersection, it feels almost churlish to dock a star for what you could rightfully call first world problems. I also want to thank and commend the management for taking all my feedback very positively and promising to fix the issues I pointed out. I have no doubt I will go back to Samui and stay at the Boujis again. I miss it already. I think it deserves six stars out of five right now. But when I left three days ago, it was a solid four out of five in my mind, and that’s the rating I am recording here.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JCHK2010
Boujis2017, General Manager at Boujis Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

I have enjoyed corresponding with you and look forward to welcoming you back to Boujis Boutique Resort Samui. On your next visit I am sure we will tip the scale and hit that 5 star (or 6 star as you mention) mark. As the new manager, I am excited about the upgrades taking place in our resort and I know you will notice a difference upon your return.

We are glad you came to check out Thailand's beaches - I feel we have a different vibe than those in Bali (which remains in my top 3 destinations of the world). A boardwalk and a swimming platform are in the planning stages at the resort, so while we don't have a beach, our guests will have direct access to the beautiful water you describe.

Relaxing on the balcony sofa is exactly what we want our guests to do - there really are only a few things as soothing as the sound of the ocean waves as the hit the shoreline. Our team has already touched on the need for slipcovers for the outside sofa, and we appreciate that feedback.

Also, we are thankful the toilet did not flush you away, and we are sorry we knocked your zen out of whack - hopefully a little extra time on the deck made everything balanced again. We have noted your other comments and are taking action to improve the villa you stayed in - as well as all the others.

We are also delighted you enjoyed our restaurant (Dr Frogs). I am currently working my way through the menu...

Please reach out to me directly when you plan to return. You have my information and it would be my pleasure to get you our best rate possible (and earn that fifth star!).

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1 week with my family (5 Pers.) very nice and helpfull staff - great food in the restaurant - remember to book incl. Breakfast, it is the best!!! Restaurant and room overlooking the beach/bay, very Nice!
Only problem with this hotel is the noise from the road - so remember to book the villas closer to the water(not no. 3 & no 5)
Also at the pool there was a lot of noise from the road and from the aircondition/ventilation in the restaurant - the manager informed us that it was something that He would talk to the owner about.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for such a great review - we appreciate your kind words - especially about our helpful staff. We always love when we can tell our team they were the highlight of someone's stay!

I agree with you - the food at Dr Frogs is incredible. And, our breakfast is one of the best kept secrets on the island - well, it was... Great tip though for future visitors to include breakfast with their booking.

All of our villas have beautiful views of the ocean (as does our restaurant), and you are correct, your villa does suffer from street noise as we are situated on a cliff between the "ring road" and the ocean. It is an issue we will continue to address, and we have some really good ideas - Trump isn't the only one who wants to build a wall...

We have serviced the air conditioning units by the pool, and hope when you return you will notice the difference.

Thank you again for your kind review, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Boujis Boutique Resort Samui.

Regards - David White

Reviewed February 17, 2017

I was solo traveling through the Thailand Islands and wanted to stay in a nice villa for a few nights. I found Boujis on TripAdvisor and it was everything I could have asked for. Clean, comfortable, quiet and beautiful accommodations. The breakfast was best I had during my entire trip and the pool at night is a sight.

Room Tip: All villas have views but I stayed in Villa 21 and it was completely private / silent.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo

Stephen,

We are so glad you chose to stay with us as you were island hopping through Thailand. We are thrilled to learn we were your favorite breakfast spot during your journey.

We pride ourselves on being clean and comfortable - thank you for noting that in your review.

Due to our positioning on a cliff, about the only noise you'll hear is the gentle lapping of the ocean waves.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Boujis Boutique Resort Samui.