“A great place to dine in Chaweng”

Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 182 Restaurants in Chaweng
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean, Thai, Grill
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Samui's premier dining and entertainment experience. Hear me... Drink me... Eat me...
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great place to dine in Chaweng”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

I was excited to give this restaurant a go while in Samui...& I wasn't disappointed. I had the Rock Lobster Fetuccine which was one of the chefs recommendations. What a treat! The lobster was delicious & the various flavours in the dish a great blend especially the dill. The service is exceptional & the live Latino band was a pleasant surprise in Samui.

Manager_Red_Snapper, Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Dear Tracey34394,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It brings us great joy and happiness to hear that you enjoyed it. Especially our Chef is the one smiling the most after hearing that his dish has delighted another guest. Also best greetings from the band upon your compliments.

We, the team of Red Snpper hope it will not take to long until you find your way back to us for more Recommendations and live music.

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
“delicious food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

We had an excellent meal here. Atmosphere is upmarket, modern decor with a good vibe. The menu has a good variety with something to suit every taste. Very good selection of both wines and cocktails. The service was outstanding, catering to every need. Highly recommended, and easy to find on the main street.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sweetcheeks800
Manager_Red_Snapper, Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Sweetcheeks800,

On behalf of the whole Red Snapper team, it is with great pleasure that I respond to your review. Thank you very much for taking the time. I can assure you that there were only big smiles on the staffs faces. I hope it wont be too long until we can welcome you back and we will do our upmost best to exceed your expectations and needs once more.

Thank you once again and best regards,
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing live band!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

We were on our way back to our hotel late one night, went past the bar and thought the music was quite good. Went in, had some wines and few JD & cokes, we were both pleasantly surprised by the band that was playing there. Now...ive seen lots of bands and i've done festivals (uk) but these guys were so amazing!!! I requested a Bob Marley song, someone else requested Stand By You by the Pretenders and the band smashed it!! Truely talented. The only shame is that it was the last night of out holiday....wish we had discovered this bar sooner!
If i have the money I would fly them to England and play at my wedding!!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank BeachLife0101
Manager_Red_Snapper, Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Dear Jane D,

On behalf of the our three band memebers, a huge thank you for this review. The response to this review by the band was: "Wow!". This review really reflects back on their hard work, which focuses on perfection. Thank you once more for this great review and we all hope that you will have your ways by Koh Samui again for some more surprises.

Bet Arif
“A bit overpriced but overall a great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

Excellent food, big dishes, top notch service and unique atmosphere turn it to a great evening. However we think that the prices are a bit on top of the scale for that type of restaurant. we will be back.

Dear Assaf M,

Thank you for the great review and also for taking the time to write the review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the evening with us, the food, atmosphere and service. It brings up a big smile in all of us. I am just very curious what the trigger was that made it feel too expensive, since feedback is key to improvement. I have looked in to this together with our chef and Bar Guru to identify trends and improvement in value so that upon your next visit there wont be a trigger.

Once again a big thank you from the whole Red Snapper team and best regards,
Opocno, Czech Republic
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We have visited this restaurant during "Samui fine dining" festival. We had 7-course set menu and everything was really good. We only was not satisfied with the recommended wines. In the restaurant was also live music,very pleasant.

• Visited March 2012
Manager_Red_Snapper, Manager at Red Snapper Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Dear Evita29,

First of all thank you for the splendid review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our festival menu, especially our Chef is flattered by your response. I have to apologize if the wine matching did not meet your expectations. As per your next visit, we will try our best to find the perfect wine combination and match upon your demand.

Therefore I hope that it will not pass too much time until we can do so and welcome you back here with us at Red Snapper again.