“Brilliant guesthouse!”

Penzy Guesthouse
Penzy Guesthouse
Ranked #4 of 68 Chaweng B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We originally booked just 2 nights in Penzy's however we quickly extended our stay. The rooms were spacious and spotlessly clean, and Penzy and David were excellent hosts; very kind and very friendly. We got the ferry from Krabi and upon arriving in Koh Samui we took a red communal taxi into Chewang at a cost of 100 baht per person. Despite telling the taxi driver that we wanted to be dropped off at our accommodation he dropped us no where near (if taking this taxi make sure you get off at the Mercure hotel as this is right by Penzy's). I called Penzy who described where I needed to go and we eventually managed to get there. We were greeted with a very friendly welcome and immediately felt at ease. They provide a range of DVDs which you can borrow to watch in your room, free tea and coffee, and free wifi which was very fast. They also offer lots of help and advice regarding trips such as snorkelling and Thai boxing, as well as advise regarding onward travel.

This guesthouse is just 5 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from the nearest 7/11. There are plenty of restaurants and bars to chose from so there is no shortage of places to eat out.

Overall this is a great place to stay and I would highly recommend. I will most certainly be returning here on my next visit and you will not be disappointed if you book to stay at Penzy's guesthouse.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor where the wifi signal was very good. Room was very clean and also conta...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 29, 2013

Fantastic value and location at a reasonable price. What really sets it apart though are the staff, nowhere i've stayed has made me feel so welcome and as many other reviews state Penzy herself is very helpful in terms of booking tours/transport. Would have definitely struggled without her! Only slight issue is that the wifi doesn't always reach the rooms on the upper levels but that's not really too much of a problem as there is plenty of room to sit and browse downstairs with a perfect connection. Will definitely stay again if I'm ever in Ko Samui!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Backpacking through Southeast Asia and this has been the nicest place we have stayed in so far. The staff is super friendly. The rooms are big, clean, with a tv/ dvd player (loads of dvds at the reception to borrow), fridge and fresh towels everyday. Location wise- it takes 3-5 minutes to the beach. Main bars (e.g Ark Bar) and clubs (e.g green mango) are about 20 mins walking or 5 mins taxi ride away. Even provided extra keys while beeing very flexible all around with cleaning the rooms and extending our stay!

Highly recommended 9/10

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Max-Krawinkel
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Penzy's Guesthouse is a great value for the price. It has easy access to the beach and the central area of Chaweng beach. It is super clean with nice comfy rooms and good showers. What really sets Penzy's apart though is Penzy herself. She and her staff are SUPER helpful with booking tours, transport, etc. on and off the island. Penzy went out of her way to help me and my boyfriend book our transport from Koh Samui to Bangkok even communicating with us after we had left Koh Samui for Koh Tao. We had a great stay here and would highly recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed for a few nights in late July/early August 2013.

To keep it concise - The location was good for accessing much of the island, the price was good for the room and service provided, and all the members of staff were super-helpful throughout our stay. It was everything I could have hoped for and would look to stay there again if I return to the Chaweng area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ehdee
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights with friends. It was very good value and the room was very clean. Penzy is incredibly welcoming, she was very helpful when it came to arranging excursions and recommending things for us to do. I fell ill whilst staying there and she got me a cab straight to the hospital and was very kind and caring once I returned. There is free tea and coffee for guests to make themselves as well as a good set of DVDs to watch for free in your room which has a DVD player. This was all very useful whilst I was sick. The location is excellent, less than a 5 min walk to the beach. I would definitely recommend Penzys Guesthouse.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights last July.
The location is great, close to the beach and in a quiet street, 10-15 minutes walking to
central Chaweng.
The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was absolutely friendly and helpful for everything.
Good value for money, highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo