$147
$118
  • Breakfast included
Sheraton Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$262
$227
  • Pool
Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$300
$219
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$192
$79
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$207
$153
Amari.com
Buri Rasa Village Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$182
$143
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $177/night.

Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$165
$113
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$185
$154
Priceline
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$121
$92
$490
$421
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at Penzy's. it was a little pricy for a backpackers budget but everyday our room was cleaned and every morning penzy and her staff were smiling and very helpful. We planned to stay for 4 days during full moon and ended up staying for 7. It also only a block from the beach which was very convenient.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have stayed here @ Penzy Guest House for a week. Penzy, David and a young lady who's name escapes me are perfect hosts. They are friendly, happy and go out of their way to help. The guest house is clean and comfortable with good sized rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 1, 2013

As mentioned by everyone, Penzy and David are fantastic hosts. They make you feel welcome, will arrange trips, taxis etc and give advice on where to go and what to do. Penzy is Thai so can negotiate well on your behalf, and was telling us of a few times when she had to dig people out of sticky situations!
Sunny is the rooms to the left of reception, Penzy guesthouse is the rooms to the right. We actually ended up staying 2nights in Sunny rooms, which are basic but have everything you need (including AC and fresh towels) and are clean. The shower had a slight smell, but we think this was the rain causing slight smell from the drain as opposed to anything regarding cleanliness as it only happened once. Penzy rooms are a lot nicer decorated, and seem a little cleaner somehow, but as we got a free upgrade from Penzy, not sure how much a difference in price there is.
Chaweng beach is quite touristy, so make sure this is what you want.....guesthouse in a great location for beach access though not beachfront, has many good cheap Thai restaurants close to it and loads of shopping. Penzy also helped arrange our full moon party trip.....though, as she said, the boat back was quite a scrum!

Room Tip: Not sure on price as we were lucky enough to get upgraded when we booked a few extra nights.....rooms on back of guesthouse were louder though, because of people in neighbouring house
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We are a young couple traveling through Thailand for several weeks. We decided to stay in Koh Samui for a short-stay as we were coming from Koh Tao and heading to Koh Phi Phi in Phuket the following day.

I had come across Penzy Guesthouse through TA and decided to book one night here as we planned to fly out of Koh Samui and this place was not too far from the Airport and also centrally located around Chaweng's main strip of shops and restaurants.

Pros:
- It is located further south along the main strip, but just far enough from the main drag to avoid all the noise and bustle from the late night goers.
- Dave, Penzy's husband, was extremely friendly and helpful with suggestions of places to eat and go visit during our stay. He also allowed us to extend our check-out since our flight did not leave until later in the day
- The rooms are clean and simple, just enough for a short stay.

Cons:
- Slightly overpriced with little to no ammenities provided (Shampoo, shower caps, etc)
- Steep stairwell to get up to your rooms with heavy luggage
- Walls are thin and you can hear late night partiers coming back. We had to wake up to knock on their door asking them to quiet down.

Overall, it met the needs for our short stay, just keep in mind some of these things if you plan to stay here.

Room Tip: Request higher floors and see if you can avoid having young & loud neighbours
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Although I have rated the hotel as poor this is no reflection on Penzy and her thai staff, they were both friendly, professional and very helpful.

My main issue was the price, I know it was new year but 1700 baht a night for a room that doesn't come with breakfast, shampoo or drinking water to brush my teeth with is a bit of a joke to be honest.

I have stayed at 400 baht beach huts that had drinking water.

My next small issue was the male member of staff at the hotel, he was a bit over friendly, almost like staying with me dad. He asked where were going when ever we went out and felt the need to give his opinion on everything we said.

For example they hire scooters but he felt the need to tell me how dangerous the roads are and how many people die on them. Thanks for that now I feel really confident.

The hotel was clean and did come with towels so its not all bad but given the choice I won't be staying again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Domrongsak P, Owner at Penzy Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Hi, You would have stayed in Samui during Peak Season and during Peak Season every hotel/guest house raises their prices. I'm sure that 400 baht beach hut you mentioned you stayed at (definitely not in Samui) would have raised their prices also. The male member of my staff you are referring to is not actually on my staff, he's my husband. Sorry you somehow felt offended that he was being overly friendly and offering some advice about motorbikes. I've tried to tell him to be grumpy and quiet but he won't listen ;)