Sheraton Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$251
$206
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
$147
$118
  • Breakfast included
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$154
$123
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $152/night.

Anantara Lawana Koh Samui Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$243
$212
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$206
$152
Hotels.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$192
$82
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$244
$175
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$213
$84
Impiana Resort Chaweng Noi(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$114
$95
Priceline
$553
$465
LuxuryCollection
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights out of our 6 week trip around thailand......

Good points:
Great location (quiet but close to the action)
Very Clean
Great owners
Rooms and bathroom excellent (plenty of storage,tv,dvd player, air con, comfy bed)
Close to the beach

Bad points:
None that i can think of, other than it is at the far end of Chaweng so it is quite a distance to walk to get to the main bar and restaurant area. Not a problem for us but if you don't enjoy walking this place could be a little far, however if you prefer things a bit low key this is the place to be.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank The-Bagel
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Cheap, clean and cosy! Dave and Penzy is, like everybody else claim, the mosthelpful and caring ever. They booked transfer and accomodation for us on Koh Tao and made everything very easy for us. Our double room was also great, super silent ac, hot water and no noise from outside to be heard as I slept like a baby the whole night. The guesthouse is only a short walk from the beach and the restaurants/bars. All in all: Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stayed here whilst travelling through Thailand and nowhere else did i find more caring and helpful staff. Penzy and her husband made my stay as comfertable as possible, with ease and no bother even as we was moved to a bigger room, their help extended to advice with travelling on and making sure i got to the airport. The location is brilliant, nice and quiet but close enough not to miss out on the atmosphere, woluld stay here again if just to visit penzy and her husband, thank you xx

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Generally speaking this guesthouse would be only average if it were not for the exceptional hospitality of Penzy and Dave, both of whom are very knowlegable about the area and speak good english.

My brother and I stayed here twice during the NYE 2011/2012 period because we intended to boat over to Koh Pha Ngan to check out the countdown party on Hat Rin. Penzy was able to get us set up with speed boat tickets to Hat Rin and Dave explained a lot of the hazards of being on Hat Rin during a big night like NYE. She even gave everyone going over her business card in case anything bad happened.

As for Hat Rin it's self, I probably would not go there again. But I'm not a drug user or big drinker so maybe the true experience was just lost on me. The all around positive vibe on the beach was fun to enjoy all the same.

The Penzy's guesthouse room we stayed in had a mini fridge, TV and was generally clean. The beds were soft enough, and Penzy even found an extra cushion for the futon style bed my brother was sleeping on when he found it too hard (they only had a double room available the 2nd night we stayed). There are stacks of DVDs available in the lobby for the players in the rooms, which we found usful on the rainy days we were there.

I will make Penzy's my first stop if I ever find myself in Chaweng again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank GoodNewsBear
Reviewed January 10, 2012

This was my second time to Koh Samui and I booked into Penzy after all the positive review. Although I had to cut short my trip due to personal reason, both Penzy and her husband David were superb hosts who went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The place itself was basic but it's an excellent value for money with clean rooms/linen, bathroom and a very central location. It's close enough for all the actions yet quiet enough for a good nights sleep. Will definitely stay there next time.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo