“3 day lessons”

Island Organics Thai Cooking Class
Ranked #2 of 8 Food & Drink in Chaweng
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Now in our 4th year and we have never been so busy! Samui's most authentic Thai cookery class and organic micro farm has laid the foundations for resorts, hotels and other Thai cookery classes to create a more sustainable Samui. Explore the large organic micro farm as well as learn about aquaponics in detail followed by personal cooking instructions from your delightful host and master chef Lat. Individual and purpose built cooking stations ensure you get the complete Thai culinary experience. Book early to reserve your space with chef Lat and her team at Island Organics. Our daily market tour is our own home grown guaranteed 100% pure organic garden!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 29, 2016

For me the maximum experience was three days. M W. Fri.... Great. It is a fantastic way to get a personal involvement with organic gardening methods culminating in using the stuff straight from the gardens in your daily cooking. AND you don't have to do cleaning benches and utencils. The end point is eating all the dishes you have created and they taste fantastic. The envirinment they have built in the hills is a tropical wonderland. Value for money is great.

1  Thank 117High
IslandOrganics, Owner at Island Organics Thai Cooking Class, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2016

Thanks for your fantastic true blue review and what a treat having you attend all 3 classes with Lat! I must add we have so much in common with the organic garden approach and life in general... A new and sustainable approach is so important and even more so when living on a such a small tourist Island that now produces massive amount of waste. best of luck with your new gardens though we think you are there already :) If we are ever back down under we will stop by for a visit on your vast Island !

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"truly memorable experience"
"curry paste"

Reviewed July 28, 2016

I visited Cam and Lat's cooking school with my teenage daughter. The hour we spent touring round their garden, learning about their innovative approach to gardening and picking ingredients (most of which I had never heard of before!) was interesting and informative. As Brits we are used to eating spicy Indian food but we are somewhat unfamiliar with Thai cooking so it was a great new experience for us. The cooking class was enormous fun and Lat made it all very easy for us novices! At the end of the class we all ate our lunch together and I thoroughly enjoyed the food. Thank you Cam and Lat and I intend to continue cooking and experimenting with Thai food when I return home.

1  Thank louiseje44
Reviewed July 24, 2016

The visit with Lat and Cameron is not just a cooking class, its an experience. They welcome us into the wonderful place they have created together, talking through the different methods of providing water and nutrition to their organically grown garden. It is truly inspiring! You even pick the ingredients fresh that morning for cooking with your class. Lat is very knowledgable and a highly skilled cook and explains everything brilliantly. We even learnt how to make coconut oil for cooking.
I would highly recommend this for both the cooking and the time you spend with them both walking through their amazing organic home farm.

Thank you Lat and Cameron for making it such a great day.

1  Thank Beth P
Reviewed July 23, 2016

My family and I recently had the pleasure of doing this cooking class, and what a fantastic experience it was! From pick up to drop off, everything was very well coordinated, and we got so much more out of this experience than anticipated.
The tour of the garden was certainly a highlight of the experience, from tasting peanuts right out of the ground to the mushroom hut to the aquaponics system- it was a fascinating tour.
The cooking class itself was so engaging, and the only downside I could think of would be that we made too much food- we could barely finish it all! It was so fun to be able to cook with materials straight from the garden, and it was hilarious to see how different each of our meals turned out- a great opportunity to brush up on your spring rolling technique! Learning how to make coconut cream, milk, and curry paste from scratch was also a great take away.
Cam and Lat were excellent hosts, and were very accommodating with our silly group. Thank you for a wonderful day, I wish I could do it again!

1  Thank Tori C