“Great view, clean and quiet rooms, friendly staff”

Chaweng Bay View Resort
Ranked #52 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We ordered a simple room with twin beds, and were upgraded to a 2 bed room villa (no extra charge). The rooms were clean, private and spacious.

The staff were very nice and helpful, and offered us a ride up hill to the villa, even though we checked in at 10 PM.
When we checked out, they offered us a ride to the boat pier for a reasonably small fee.

Breakfast (included in price) was served by the nice swimming pool, which has an awsome ocean view.

The hotel is located in Chaweng. A 5 minute ride from the bars and clubs area, and near the beach. But far enough from it, so you can relax qiutely in your room.

There is a scooter rental shop and garage near to hotel, they are nice and fair. Renting a bike is recomended for traveling around the island, and for climbing up hill to the room.

Bottom line, a highly recomended resort.

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Chaweng Bay View Resort

Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

Clean and beautifull rooms, good location (about 10min with the bahtbus to chaweng town) scooters for rent at reception aswell. Pool is nice and view is awesome. Breakfast is simple standard i suppose with fruit, orange/apple/fruit juice coffee/tea, eggs with bacon & ham and toasted bread. They even coocked some thai soup for my thai gf who wasn't in the mood for a western breakfast. Did have to ask twice to get the room cleaned as they did not do it the first time we asked (probably a internal miscommunication) and our ac was leaking water (was working tho) i would not reccomend this hotel to elderly or less mobile people unless they book a room in the lower part of the resort because its quite steep and difficult to walk up to the higher part of the resort (where the pool and restaurant are located) they do not have 24/7 staff, they are there until 22:00 PM after that a security guard will be present at the reception. Overall had a pleasent stay.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Nice clean large bedroom with a beautiful view, in the middle of a quiet park. I did not try the restaurant but it's beautifully located around a very nice swimming pool with a great view. Absolute calm. As the rooms are uphill, scooter or car are necessary, or a passion for trekking. However, if the hotel was on the beach I guess it would be 5 times the price I paid. A 5 minute scooter ride from the dirty animated downtown and the beach. After all a very good choice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank omaillegod
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We booked this place after reading reviews on TA and it looked like the best value for money. Through my fatigue of looking for a place, I didn't do my research properly and thought it was on/near the beach from a previous review I read, the title of the hotel should have given it away, but let me assure you it's not on or near the beach and after looking we couldn't find any easy access to the beach, the hotel say just turn right and then left, their English is quite limited. We found this a problem all along Chaweng Beach as most of the front has buildings on it, Lamai was much easier. We hired a bike from the hotel so we able to drive there but wouldn't fancy the walk there and back. We walked once in the evening, it took 20 mins to get to the start of the main strip and there is hardly any pavement or lighting on route.

We checked into our room and it was near the pool, very nice, large, clean and with great views. The only problem was it wasn't like the room I remembered booking, when I reviewed my booking.com reservation it said one-bedroom villa, private balcony, spa bath, this had neither. We checked with reception, they said no, only the executive villas have a spa, so I queried my booking with the agent. I also took a copy of my booking which said 'one-bedroom villa' along with pictures of a spa to reception, they said booking.com had got the wrong pictures on the wrong named rooms, the room names do not correlate with the hotel website, but I argued that this was what I thought I booked. Reception said this had happened before but that they would honour the booking but it would only be the day after, fair enough. Note - this has now been changed on booking.com but just making people aware.

We were moved the next day to the one bedroom villa, which was further done the hill, quite dark but clean, I preferred the other room but it was what we booked, my husband preferred the villa he thought it was quirky and liked the spa, its personal taste. The walk to the breakfast was also a bit further but hey it got the heart rate going in the morning.

The breakfast was very good and generous at times, it isn't buffet as people have mentioned, but we prefer not to have food that's been cooked and left out for ages. We had cereal, fruit, juice, toast, eggs etc etc and it was all good.

The pool is next to the restaurant and has great views, my only comment is they need more beds and more umbrellas, the sun can be quite harsh and there are only 2 umbrellas that we saw for 10 beds.

We used the laundry service while there and a previous reviewer was spot on with how fresh they smelt, we did question being charged for 8kgs, but hey we didn't have a scales.

Overall, good value for money for a standard room in Chaweng, I wouldn't pay for the spa villa and location is fine if you want to be away from the hustle and bustle and dont mind walking back and forth.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool have the best view but means a long walk down the hill and up unless you have a bi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Thewelshkiwiconnection
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights and loved it. We had a room with a jacuzzi outside and the kids enjoyed playing in it. Our room was number 5 and adjacent to the pool - which meant there was no steep hill for us. We dined at the restaurant many times and we all loved it. Our package included breakfast and we had copious amounts of food which we could never finish. The staff were all gorgeous, Joe, the guy in the restaurant was delighful and spoke good English. The view from our room and the pool area is absolutely stunning.
The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from downtown but this suited us, as I didn't really want to be hearing music pumping all night with 2 kids in tow. One thing, that was a bit annoying is that the curtains don't have a blockout lining - so my kids were up before 6.30 am each day!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KatyHowes
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The villas are located between the hills and is it very private and quite. The road from the reception to the rooms is very steepy but it is worth it the effort! Big windows allow to see the vegetation and it is very romantic. Breakfast in the morning near the pool it is the best thing because you have a spectacular view of the bay. The centre can be reached in 10 min by tuc-tuc (do not pay more than 100 baht for it) or you can rent a scooter from the hotel (250 baht) and keep it for 24hours. The scooter is a good idea because you can even reach the villa!
The centre is a long long road with thousands of shops and restaurants so a scooter from the hotel could be the perfect solution. The staff is very helpful and smily, you can even book tours and safari from the hotel. Rooms are clean and spacious. For breakfast you need to choose in the morning what to get and try to understand the girl offering different things (eggs, toast, cereals, pancake, juices). Laundry service is cheap and good. The pool is very nice and open until late, 10 pm, and it is very romantic to stay there with just the lights in the evening.
Book a taxi from the hotel before arriving because it is cheaper than booking it at the airport. And hope the flight is on time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erikabello
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed for 3 days. Hotel is central to all activities. Hotel is directly on the beach. The breakfast is very basic, but very well presented. This hotel is not expensive, but well priced. Close to resaraunts and pubs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maiya
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
City Dance Hotel
#54 of 103 in Chaweng
First Residence Hotel
First Residence Hotel
#48 of 103 in Chaweng

Been to Chaweng Bay View Resort? Share your experiences!