Lowest prices for your stay
$64
Priceline$71
Travelocity$64
Destinia.com$218
1,212 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 14, 2013

No complaints regarding the restaurant. My husband and I ate here (but weren't staying here so can only comment on the restaurant). The service was fine, the staff friendly and the food was good. It had a nice atmosphere also.

Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank judeloc
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Wife and I went there last night 14th feb, what a mistake! We sat down on there beach side restaurant, first we couldnt hear there singer over the other singer from next door, after 10 minutes we were given a menu, we placed our order and got 2 drinks, 15 minutes later we received our drinks, so I ordered another 2 straight away, thinking they must be busy( didn't look that busy).
We waited for 45 minutes until I asked someone where our entree was, I was told its coming, 20 minutes later I asked again, I was then told should be 1 or 2 minutes, 15 minutes later the guy comes out with our mains.. I said what about your entrees, he said I didn't know about that, I'll be back in 1 minute ( he took mains away).. 10 minutes later no one came back, I looked around and there were 2 other couples upset about service...so we got up and left, left money on table and walked away, i even wonder if they have noticed were not there..

Sorry cant review there food, after waiting nearly 90 minutes for entree, we left...

People what a waste of time....

Room tip: Find somewhere else...
Date of stay: February 2013
5  Thank Charlie B
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I wish I had read more reviews before booking this hotel. From the moment we arrived it was disappointing.
We had booked and paid for the hotel through Agoda months before arriving and I even emailed them to confirm our booking a week before I arrived. After lugging our bags up the steep stairs with no staff in site to help, and then ignored at reception, a staff member finally came over to us to inform us they didn't have any rooms available for us. Their solution was basically to send us to a different hotel, 30mins away and then come back to Dara for the 2nd and 3rd night...but a different room each night! It was very frustrating and the staff were slow and not enthusiastic to finding us a solution. It was so disappointing to spend a whole afternoon trying to find an alternative hotel when were only staying there three days. I took a chance to look around the hotel and its nothing special. I don't think it should be listed as 4 star. The pool is very small and the rooms looked dark and dirty. I also heard a few other people complaining about their room at reception.

The only good thing about the hotel is that they agreed to give us a refund and we found a better place to stay.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank 3lovetravel3
rmdarasamui, Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear 3lovetravel3,

Thank you very much for your taking your time to review on Tripadvisor , first of all we would like to apologize for all inconvenient cause you regarding to our error on the booking which we unable to accommodate you here at Darasamui, we have prepared the alternatively hotel with located near by and can comparable with the star category , unfortunately you were not accept the hotel we book for you, With this we suddenly decide to return your money back when you would need to booked another hotel by your own.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologize and we hope we can take an other opportunity to serve you here again at our Resort

Yours sincerely,

Ms.Kesorn Khaoreung

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I would actually like to comment on the restaurant in Dara Samui Beach Resort rather than the hotel. My husband and I had dinner here one evening because the atmosphere was romantic and very lovely. From the street, we could see that the place had outdoor seating, paper lanterns strung overhead, and live music. The food was good and the service impeccable. There was a female singer accompanied by a small band, and she belted out a lot of catchy, mellow songs that made you feel like you're relaxing in a hotel lounge. We liked it so much we had a couple of drinks after we finished dinner, so we could stay longer and enjoy the music and the ambience. It was a good way to spend the evening.

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Cutie888
rmdarasamui, Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear Cutie888,

Greeting from Darasamui Beach Resort, we are very happy to see your positive reviews on Tripadvisor and how you enjoy your evening at our Lanna Restaurant,

Yes, still every evening the Restaurant still keepping busy and going along the nice ambience of the inhouse band with her nice voice.

Hopefully we can serve you again here at our Resort, and Restaurant

Best regards,

Ms.Kesorn Khaorueng

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good to stay for good feeling and aspiration. It is located good. Close to the shops, entertainment and the places to visit. The staff is very kind and so are the people around. You enjoy every moment.

Room tip: We Are leaving Komsomol tomorrow morning. Me and my wife feel a great joy visiting here. It's our first trip to Thailand and the reader have to take in account. We are really enthusiastic. The room in the hotel is the most beautifully we had before; very big, beautiful and very quiet. The hotel is on the beach, and in my opinion the best part since it is behind small islands. It,s clean and quiet. The only thing that I feel that they should change is to have the dining room close to the see and not the open road. But may be the place is too small for it. Anyway, it,s good
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
rmdarasamui, Manager at Dara Samui Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Yoseesoroka,

Greeting from Darasamui Beach Resort, we would lik to thank you for taking your time to review the comments on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you were enjoy your holiday with our Resort and your impressive with Koh Samui

We looking forward to welcome you back to Koh Samui again in the near future

Yours sincerely,