It is waste of time and money. The money anyone would spend at this hotel can provide a top notch experience at any other hotel in Koh Samui. The room was filthy, the shower was dirty and full of stains, there were brownish stuff floating on bathtub, the room was smelly, even remote control had unbelieveable dirt on it (check pictures if you like)
The swimming pool is like a little paddle, beach is just after the pool, no space for anyone to move, wi fi is not available in the rooms, only cable network, a rip of mentailty of the management, they placed additional bed in our room and tried to charge that, in fact we didnt ask any additional bed.
I didnt stay at this hotel after 3rd hour, rather than having a miserable stay, we chose to change the hotel in expense of burning the charges. A rude "manager", I believe there are good staff working there, the receptionist had to follow her manager's attitude, even though she was trying to be nice. So, honestly, just stay away from this hotel, the money you would spend will give you better options for sure. Check the recent review of the hotel, not months and months ago, there is a consistency for recent visitors when it comes to cleanliness and service standards. Finally, we moved to a hotel we stayed 14 years ago, we thought we upgraded ourselves by choosing Dara Samui, it was a mistake, we had great time in our next hotel even though it was at least 14 years old.
After I raised complained to booking.com, the response from this hotel management was a fabrication, I can understand one side story from a manager, however they fabricated the facts, so no point to write complaints anymore, it will go nowehere, So sincerely, stay away from this hotel for your own peace of mind. It is a rip off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dara Samui has beachfront location centrally located on Chaweng beach and walking distance to shopping and night life areas. Hotel offers free high speed WIFI in all rooms. Rooms size start from 42-128 sqm or 455 sq ft - 1380 sq ft with full Air Conditioned rooms. The hotel is a 4-star Thai Lanna-style boutique resort with 4 rooms categories. Relaxing, sports activities or shopping, whatever is your pleasure all are within easy reach at Darasamui. You never run out of things to do, unless you wish to. 2 Restaurants, 1 Bar,Swimming Pool, Beach, Sun Deck, Concierge and many more facilities are awaiting you... Try once at our Best Romantic Beach restaurant "Dara Serene" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand