I stayed with my partner and 3 friends at the Dara for 5 nights last week. I am a travel agent from australia and our agency has recently got contracts to sell this property so I was curious to see what place was like as well as a little hesitant as we had no feedback as yet on the hotel. I got a pleasant surprise The hotel as well as the rooms has a lovely Asian theme which I loved. The hotel is very centrally located in chaweng with restaurants, bars and shopping at your doorstep. The breakfast was great you got to order off a menu so was nice and fresh and the coffee was great.
The staff were all friendly and helpful and we all especially loved a staff member bau who worked the pool bar he was so friendly and happy.
The only bad thing I could maybe say is the hotel is a little noisy at night being so central in chaweng but you have to expect that being so central.
All in all I would recommend this hotel for the friendly staff, central location and beautiful asian inspired decor. I will definitely be recommending this hotel to my clients.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Dara Samui Beach Resort, a Thai 4-star beachfront resort with the most authentic Thai architecture, strategically located along the most exciting beach on Samui - Chaweng Beach. It is a short walk to a variety of important "facilities" for every visitor - Thai spas/massage, money changers, banks, 24-hour convenience stores, beach bars, restaurants, street shopping, high end shopping and night life. We have 24-hour reception, 5 room categories, complimentary wifi access in all guestrooms - lobby - restaurant, breakfast restaurant (7am-10.30am),1 beachside restaurant (11am-10.30pm), room service (7am-10.30pm),1 freeform swimming pool (7am-7pm) with outdoor jacuzzi (10am-12pm and 2pm-5pm), poolbar (11am - 11pm), tour counter and airport transfer services. All rooms and suites have electronic key card access, rich wooden fixtures and fittings, individually controlled air-condition, private bathroom, in-room safe deposit box, satellite TV, DVD player, sofa or day bed, balcony and complimentary wifi. Due to the structure of the resort, we do NOT recommend guest with physical challenges as there are many stairs and steps - no guests elevators/lifts. Beginning 01 November 2017, the resort will be an All Adult resort with minimum age being 12 years old. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dara Samui Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dara Samui Beach Resort & Spa Villa Hotel Chaweng
- Dara Samui Beach Resort And Spa Villa
- Dara Samui Beach Hotel
- Dara Samui Beach Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand