Tripadvisor
Chaweng
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 28, 2019 via mobile

Dear sir,
I am Indian tourist with passport no K4374452.
Name Kapil Chowdhry
Stay at papillon resort chaweng beach koh Samui near casa de mar
ROOM NO 16 , STANDARD ROOM
From 24th August to 28 August

Case of theft of money from room

Locker was not working at room on check in , so I requested reception for a lock and key for iron cabinet
They provided me with a lock and 4 keys
On 27th AUGUST I counted my money
It had 7200000 Indonesian currency and 1050 Malaysian currency
I slept that night and only went for breakfast on 28th morning , that time only my room was locked , but iron cabinet was open . I returned to my room and started packing as I had a pick up at 1200 on 28th August for krabi .
I reached krabi at 9 pm and counted my money , it had only 2300000 Indonesian currency and 350 Malaysian currency.

I never left my money bag inbetween.

Total 4900000 Indonesian currency and 700 Malaysian currency is missing.

APPROXIMATELY 15600 BAHT IS MISSING

I am very sure my money was stolen at the time when I was having breakfast in morning of 28th August.
Please check the camera who entered my room between 9 am and 10:30 am.
ROOM NO 16 ( in front of center lane of hotel)
He / she only stole my money .

I HAVE A FLIGHT TO KUALA LAMPUR
ON 29TH AUGUST AT 08 AM .

I DONT HAVE SUFFICIENT MONEY TO TRAVEL AS I HAVE 3 NIGHTS IN MALAYSIA AND 13 NIGHTS IN INDONESIA from 29 August to 14th September.

PLEASE FIND OUT THE THIEF.

REGARDS
Kapil Chowdhry
Watsapp no +91 8888899464

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank aviatorkapil
Papillon-team-1, Directeur général at Papillon Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Dear Susparsha, sorry for this late answer but we want to check everything before send you an answer. we checked the camera in front of your room,  you went to take your breakfast at 8h37, you came back in your room at 9h14, you went again to the restaurant and came back all together at 9h47.  From 9h47 to 12h08, you stayed in your room. During the time you stayed out of your room, 8h37 to 9h47, we saw nobody on the camera, so  we can confirm that nobody entry in your room when you took your breakfast. The tourist police came today around 10h30, we shown them all the videos, the room, pictures...We are really sorry for happened to you but we found  no evidence of someone went in your room. we saw only your familly on the camera. If you have more question, feel free to contact us. Best regards, Papillon's team.

so, we spent 3 hours watching camera and checked from 18h30 on 27th to 8h30 on 28th. Last movment to your room was you at 21h37 when you go back to your room, wife and baby not move. First movment was you at 6h15 with kid and you go back to your room at 6h20. After that you went take your breakfast...We had check the camera from 6h30 pm when you check you money to 12h08 when you leave your room, We found nothing, nobody go inside you room, only your family. Maybe this had happen in the bus to Krabi, this happened already in the bus for our customers when they had a small rest, sleep little bit and during this time the thief made his job. We are really sorry for you and your family, we hope that you will enjoy your stay in Malaysia and Indonesia.

We can confirm 100% that nobody go inside guest's room and confirm to that the theft not happened at Papillon Resort.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. I was very nice, the staff were friendly and helpful, it is right on the sea and has a very nice pool, It includes breakfast in the open dining room overlooking the sea, The dining room also serves good food all day long so after a day out we could always have a relaxing dinner at the hotel,

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights with my partner and 2 year old. The room was fairly small but cosy with a nice solid comfortable bed. The door didn't seal properly so mosquito's were a problem.

The restaurant overlooks the sea which you can walk straight out into, it's only shoulder deep even 500 meters of the shore. The pool is beautiful and cleaned meticulously everyday.

The food is OK but for much cheaper, better food is found 5 minutes walk down beach road. The free breakfast is a decent enough to get you through till lunch.

The staff are amazingly helpful, one lady Kiki even babysat our child for us one night. Overall for the price you pay for the resort you get your money's worth.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2018 via mobile

Great view from bar and pool area (private beach right in front of you) not to far out the way about 10-15 minuets from chewang, stayed here for 7 nights was decent shower wasn’t hot but in that heat didn’t really matter friendly staff and great management. Would definitely Recommend

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank tommytay1
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Spent 2 nights here the resort is a little tired and in need of some TLC, the photos make it look better than it actually is. Although our stay was pleasant enough the room was a good size and air con worked well there was a fridge / mini bar, kettle, and safe. \the bed was large but very hard mainly do to it being a firm mattress on a concrete surface.
Our bathroom flooded every time we showered, there was a foul stench in the bathroom I think it was coming from the sink.
Breakfast was chosen off a menu there was several choices on there.
The pool was nice with sunbeds to relax on, not really much in the way of a beach in front of the hotel once the tide had gone out there was a very small beach, but this was shaded by the building next door.
There is a building site next door so there is noise.
The hotel is down a lane off the main road, to get to the centre of Chewang its a good 10 - 15 minute walk there are lots of bars and restaurants, shops and a big shopping centre.

Date of stay: March 2018