Just got back today after three weeks in Thailand. Spent eight days on Koh Samui and stayed at Baan Chaweng on Chaeweng beach- having been a frequent traveller to South East Asia for 25 years I was looking forward to the same friendly atmosphere I have experienced before in Thailanad and Indonesia, but sadly I was VERY disappointed with the attitude of the staff at this hotel. I booked the accomodation 6 months earlier, and had agreed on a price of 3800 per night for a room for myself, husband and two young children, (and had paid a deposit based on this), however when we turned up at reception after our flight from Australia and then BKK, we were told there would be an extra 1000 baht per night added for an extra bed, even though they were well aware that there were four of us in the room at the time of booking. I was most unhappy and 'negotiated' with them, but there is not much you can do when you have two small tired chilren with you. It was only a few days later that I found my email correspondence that clearly stated that cost of 3800 was for the four of us- when my husband took this information to reception the manager couldn't have cared less, admitting that they had made a mistake but that they would do nothing about it, stating that upon arrival I had agreed to their 'negotiated' price. I would have to say that the whole eight days we met with rude and indifferent staff- on one day a member of our group accidentally broke a drinking glass and we were ruldely told by the waiter that we would be charged 60 baht to replace it. Another day a friend politely asked a waiter to remove some plates and was told very rudely that it wasn't his job, and to go and get someone on the beach to do it- this is not what I expect when I am paying over $140 per night to stay in a hotel. So, if you want an experience which is tainted with rudeness by all means go ahead, but for my money I would never stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baan Chaweng Beach Resort And Spa
- Baan Chaweng Beach Hotel Chaweng
- Baan Chaweng Beach Bophut
- Baan Chaweng Beach Resort & Spa Ko Samui, Thailand