1,163 results
All reviewshillside roomhill siderooms are hugekoh samuichaweng beachmain partlow tidewalk into townmassage placesbreakfast staffhappy hourwelcome drinkfantastic holidaybars and restaurantstuk tukfree shuttledvd player
Reviewed August 22, 2016

Stayed here for 2 nights for a friend's anniversary. We took 4 rooms on the hillside which is across the road from the reception. They have security to stop traffic for you to cross but the road is generally quiet anyway.
Rooms were large over 45 sq m and bathrooms were huge, about 20 sq m at least. Swimming pools and breakfast are split into two locations between beach and hillside. So deck chairs/tables are always available. Spread was sufficiently large and well prepared. Staff efficient and unobtrusive.
Apart from the walking to the beach from the hillside, we had a good time.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms on the hillside have private pools.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded September 15, 2016

Dear sychowlao,

Thank you very much for choosing Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi. I’m thrilled to know that your stay was enjoyable. We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

The hotel is massive and beautiful, very tasty food at the restaurant though the service is unbelievably slow (maybe the slowest in Koh Samui), big pool (maybe the best hotel for the families with small kids though couples with no kids might lack some privacy and quietness of their stay). Please hire more staff and replace those cheap and plastic sun beds as they spoil the whole impression of the hotel.

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

Service is outstanding
Outdoor areas are very nice and well maintained
Large & nice room
Beach is so beautiful!
Good location.
Definitely recommanded.

Some issues for improvement:
Breakfast is just ok , not more than that...
The light in the rooms is too low
Theres only 1 set of keys per room (as a family of 5 this is a bit of a problem)
And the biggest issue- there is a sewerage running from hotel to the ocean which really spoils the stay on the beach and thats a shame....

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank EfratL39
Management response:Responded August 20, 2016

Dear Efrat L,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. I am pleased to note that you had a pleasant stay. Thank you also for your candid comment regarding to the breakfast as well as the public drainage which located next to the hotel premise. Please rest ensure that we brought this comment to the Government segment seriously. We value your support and comment and hope to serve you again on your future trips to Koh Samui.

With Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 7 people. We arrived early and the room wasn't ready so we went to have lunch in the restaurant first. There was only 3 or 4 tables at the time and we told the waitress we were 7 people. She sneered at us before giving us a table. Service for the rest of the meal was a bit slow.

The next morning I came down for breakfast with my Mother and young son. It was 9.30. Many of the tables had no cutlery. We picked one and decided to get food first. When we got back there was still no cutlery. So I went to ask a waiter for some. I had to ask individually for fork, knife and napkins. All delivered to me with a sour face. When I got back to the table this same waitress was there laying the table. She asked if I had taken the cutlery from the tables. I said no I asked the man. Then she repeated "the man" and I said yes. She sneered at me again and said "not man" "man" ( pronounced American English way)

I have spent my entire life in England and don't get comments on my English from foreigners but this from a Thai waitress was insulting. ( this waitress is slim, pretty wears a whole load of makeup daytime and has her hair tied up) I don't know her name but anytime we got served by her there was no smiles.

Breakfast for the next few days saw a similarly miserable service. Food was replenished slowly. There were always too many flies. Many tables regularly had no cutlery. They ran out of glasses for juices at one point. Ran out of noodles. One morning the congee was really watery. Pretty good selection for breakfast with a fresh egg station but service really lets it down.

There were one or 2 good staff but in general the staff were miserable and never smiled. We paid about £140 per night. For this price service should have been better

We came here for their promoted seafood buffet night. It was 850 baht for adults and half price for kids with traditional Thai dancing and music. Since it was evening we saw a whole different set of service staff. Much better. Although food wise they ran out of grilled seafood at one point and we had to wait. They had a sushi station. A lot of rolls and little sashimi. Basically sashimi was served in batches. There were some salmon first. Once that ran out the tuna came out. ( served in gaps of time) then finally we saw chicken slices there around 8.30pm.

Alcohol is quite expensive. They have a happy hour from 4pm til 6pm offering buy one get one free. We ordered cocktails and they came full of ice so not exactly sure who was "Happy"

The location of the hotel is a bit out of town. 15 mins walk or a 5 min taxi ride. Walking would not suit the elderly as parts of it were on steep inclines and on the road without pavement.

There is an exchange shop close by with good rates and a few restaurants next door to hotel. We saw one convenience store but it seemed closed in the evening.

Get a room beachside. Beach side does not mean beach facing, just that it is close to the reception block, the beach and pool area. We saw the hillside area. It is across the road with steps. The receptionist told us there was a lift to go up but we did not check it out.

On the beach there are massage parlours next door so you can get a massage on the beach. There are many bars and restaurants along the beach. We walked to Chaweng beach from our hotel. It took around 20 minutes.

The rooms are cleaned daily. We asked the cleaning lady no need to clean everyday but they still did it anyway. Rooms are clean and big. Our bathroom had a bathtub and also a glass shower corner. Basic toiletries were supplied.

I liked the bed as it is firm. There is a sofa that we turned into a bed at night.

Use the mosquito plug provided as there are a lot of mosquitos everywhere.

The tv channels are abysmal. A couple of news channels and everything else in Thai.

There is a kettle in the room and a fridge with beverages.

I would give this place 3 and a half stars but minus 1 star for the waitress who sneered at us and told me it's "man" ( pronounced American way)

Stayed: June 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Eskimo328
Management response:Responded August 20, 2016

Dear Eskimo328,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very sorry to learn that your experience during your recent stay was unsatisfactory with some aspects. Your constructive comment has been well noted. Rest assured that we will strengthen our focus on the improvement to ensure the quality of service we want to offer our guest. We do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention and therefore giving us an opportunity to improve. Eskimo328, your feedback is always welcome and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you to Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi in the near future.

Reviewed August 11, 2016 via mobile

Excellent location and very easy to get to the main shops in Chaweng. 15 minute walk along the beach. Hotel lies right on the beach excellent service from the front desk, very warm and welcoming. The downside I did have was the room. I thought that the beach side room was looking out to the beach. There are only two rooms that look out to the beach so I was mislead. The staff however we're able to accommodate us with a choice of rooms to select from. Breakfast all you can eat buffet was great overall can't go wrong with the price.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple