1,164 results
All reviewshillside roomhill siderooms are hugekoh samuichaweng beachmain partlow tidewalk into townmassage placesbreakfast staffhappy hourwelcome drinkfantastic holidaybars and restaurantstuk tukfree shuttledvd player
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I discovered this very nice Resort 2 weeks ago upon a 1 night stay in Samui while transiting to Phangan.

I was very surprised as I knew the Resort when it was Kandaburi and I was not impressed back then. Since Accor took over, the place has been refurbished and it is now a great Resort, perfectly located with all the facilities an international brand offers.

I was lucky to be there on a Sunday when they were hosting a brunch with DJ, BBQ and free flow of Rosé wine. I had a wonderful afternoon on one of the nicest beach in Samui. Good job to the GM and his team! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2016

We had a fantastic time at the Novotel Kandaburi The two bedroom unit that we were in was huge and was cleaned every day. We were on the beach side. The air conditioning in the room worked very well. Also, the breakfasts were excellent. The resort is about a 20 minute walk along the beach to the main town or you can get a taxi. However, there are plenty of beach restaurants virtually next to the resort that offers cheap beers and cocktails and great meals.
The free WIFI was excellent despite some of the negative comments. I know they have been updating this within the resort recently.
All in all this is a great resort and we had a great time and I have no hesitation recommending this to others.

Room Tip: Go for the Beach side
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
3  Thank Liam D
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2016

Dear Liam D,

Thank you so much for your great review. We are very happy to hear that you have spent an excellent stay with us and also about our WIFI that we have recently upgraded!
Glad that all the changes are improving our guests experience!

Hope to see you again in Samui and thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family!

Reviewed April 20, 2016

i have read many of the poor reviews for this hotel and the theme always seems the same , there are people who will not be happy anywhere i have travelled extensively in Asia and seen and heard these sort of people many times.As for myself i have stayed at kandaburri many times and staff are not only friendly but totally trustworthy unfortunately John Gill has moved to another resort but i always found him easy to deal with and went to exceptional levels to arrange a party for my wife's birthday.we will once again stay at KB this november as it is a fantastic resort

Stayed: May 2015
1  Thank Glenn W
Thomas C, General Manager at Novotel Samui Resort Chaweng Beach Kandaburi, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Glenn W,

Thank you so much for your kind words and we are really looking forward to welcoming you again in November!!
I am sure we can be as easy and helpful than John Gill :)

Reviewed April 19, 2016

hotel room and grounds were lovely apart form being on the hillside across the road although the pool was better on this side food and drinks were good but a little pricey but would definitely stay again

Room Tip: choose beach side room
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends

Dear ISLANDGURL16,

Thanks a lot for your nice comments and we are really looking forward to welcoming you again here!

Reviewed April 17, 2016

I had always liked the Kandaburi due to the excellent beachside part of it (we could dwaddle over breakfast by the beach), and it's away but not too far from the town (you can walk into town and back along the beach). Having stayed here a number of times, here are some negatives as well as positives:

Sad to say, Novotel taking over has not added anything positive to the property.
-The wifi is still sporadic in late-March, sometimes we can connect, other times not
-Reception crew is not very welcoming, they do not care/made no attempts to greet returning guests
-Reception staff were not helpful either. Once, when I asked how much is the songtaew into Chaweng, [she] said "don't know" and went back to looking at her computer. Now, isn't that info a basic knowledge question for frontline staff, or just can't be bothered? (fyi, I paid 100Thb/pax)
-The "upgraded" beach side rooms where I had always stayed are still large, but the update is just a slap of new paint. Some moldy grouting, badly scratched tap, spider-web cracked sinks. The linen is old. The bed in my room is ok.
-Housekeeping is barely adequate, with missing toiletries and inconsistent cleanliness
-Don't bother with the gym - it's a tiny dirty shop unit facing the main road with dilapidated equipment (you have to shout to make yourself heard above the roar of the treadmill and cyclos). Weights are rusting, and there is a thick layer of dirt on the drinking water dispenser. The whole place is depressing. I did 15 minutes (that's 14 minutes too long) and never went back.

What's good/still good:
-The shady beachfront, and the breakfast deck right by the beach
-Food at the Thai Restaurant is still very good. The Paneang Curry is the best I ever had (btw, they should clean the glass windows facing the road - they are grimy)
-Breakfast is good, with egg and noodle stations. And there were not too busy.
-Security guard on the beach at night - the beachfront deck chairs just invite us to laze around in the breeze, and it is brightly lit
-Rooms are large
-there is a free shuttle 3x a day into chaweng

When I shared some feedback, the staff/mgr basically say "sorry, lots of things to be done, we are in process of working it out, starting with the most important ones first. Please bear with us"
I am sorry, too. They have taken over the property since Dec. Kind of unfair to ask your customers to bear with it and charging them for the privilege.

Perhaps you may want to wait a bit until they have got their act together. Or lower their rates.

Room Tips: Stay on the beachside.

Food Tips: Skip those on-the-beach restaurants nearby, the food there is mediocre. You will get better quality food at the hotel's restaurants (esp the Thai Restaurant just fronting the main road) - you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dogtrek

Dear dogtrek,

Thanks a lot for your long review. Let me disagree with you when you are stating that Novotel did not bring any value. We have renovated the whole pool area and restaurant, with new sun lounger, pool towel and new menus/wine list. We have replaced all linens inside the rooms as well as all pillows with Novotel standards. Now our guests can enjoy flat screen TV and FREE fiber optic WIFI all around the resort.
In our fitness we have change the floor with brand new one, we have added some cabanas by the pool so our guests can enjoy massage there. We keep continuing upgrading and improving standards as we would like to be the leading hotel in Koh Samui.
We are very happy that you mentioned our Tom Yum Thai restaurant as I would agree with you it is one of the best Thai cuisine in the whole island.
We hope that you will give us a chance to prove you that Novotel is a fantastic addition to the resort and that you will stay loyal to us as you came already 3 times!