My family just came back from Koh Samui, where we've been many times before. We've stayed on different parts of the island and at several different hotels. We decided to try Buri Rasa and we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is in a great location and even though it's off of the busy street with shops and restaurants (where most of the hotels are located), once you enter the hotel grounds, it's very quiet since the rooms are towards the back, by the beach. The only time it was noisy was at night sometimes, because there is Ark Bar down the beach which plays very loud music at times. But it was never so loud that we couldn't sleep, and it was not every night.
The hotel staff was all incredibly warm and welcoming from the moment we arrived. They took really good care of us, and by the end of the first day, they knew us all by name. Arm and Chart were particularly amazing. They took such an interest in us and really made our stay very special.
The breakfast in the morning is incredible. They serve a beautiful buffet and in addition, they have a full menu of eggs, pancakes, waffles, etc...all delicious.
Lunch food was also always great...they have a full menu of asian and western food.
Rooms were nice...not very big, but you're never in the room anyways. Bathroom is nice and spacious.
One of my only complaints about the hotel was the fact that they don't have a gym. But since it's such a small boutique hotel, it's understandable.
Also, loved the pool. It's so pretty and right next to the beach. It's not huge, so if you plan to swim laps, this isn't the pool for you. But to just relax in, it's perfect.
A couple extra things:
They offer private cooking lessons, which were amazing!
They have books and DVDs to borrow
a nice little lounge area/library at the front of the hotel with computers
Overall, would definitely return to Buri Rasa. Didn't want to leave!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand