We stayed at the Buri Rasa at the end of November 2009, and were glad that we did. It provides the best of both worlds being a very quite and relaxing resort that has a front door on the main road through Chaweng where there is a plentiful supply of restaurants, bars, and clubs.
The hotel itself comprises a number of two-story villas set in gardens that lead down to athe beach. There are different types of room - ours were on the ground floor and had a small outside sitting area behind tall walls - entry was by a solid door into this sitting area - very private if you wished to sit outside your room.
The hotel provides sun beds, parasols and beach towels for the beach, and attentive staff were always nearby to bring drinks etc whenever required.
The rooms were furnished in Thai style and lots of bathroom goodies were provided. The rooms were kept immaculate.
Dining was at the Betelnut restaurant in the hotel grounds near to the beach. Breakfast was superb, and the one main meal we ate there was also superb.
We found everyone of the hotel staff that we encountered during our stay to be very friendly, all knew what they were doing, and were happy to meet any reasonable requests from hotel guests. It was nice to be pampered.
But that is not all. Being where it is, it is not far to go to the many different restaurants and bars that Chaweng has to offer. We ate at a different restaurant each night. Nearby is a restaurant / bar called The Wave which we liked a lot. Wherever we went during the evening we always finished here before retiring to the hotel next door. The owner Pete is a great character, and he has some great staff. We went to their weekly quiz on Tuesday evening - a fun night that everyone in the place seemed to enjoy. The Wave also has a library of many hundreds (perhaps more than a thousand) books that can be hired - the hire fees go to support local animal charities. Pete can also arrange island tours providing a driver and car or minibus for four hours - price Baht 1,400 - go where you want and avoid some of the places that the organised and more expensive tours take you to. Pete will let you know some of these more interesting places.
We also went on a 4 x 4 tour around the island with Mr Ongs tours. More expensive that Pete's but they took us right over the top of the mountains and we stopped for lunch at a mountain top restaurant. Brilliant.
If we go to Samui again, we would definitely think about staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand