It's May so it must mean "back to the Buri Rasa"! Me and the girls packed the bags and did the 6,000 mile 24 hour door to door journey... a bit of a sufferfest but some pain in life is worth it, and going back to Buri Rasa tops that list.
Once again climbing the steps and entering the serene calm of the Buri Rasa reception helped us leave behind the stresses of work in UK. The staff old and new, smiling faces, ever helpful, quickly checked us in and delivered us to our fabulous home for the next two weeks. This was our eighth (or is it ninth?) visit and we've watched Buri Rasa develop since we saw it being built back in 2005.
We just love it here, the fantastic staff and the quiet way they deliver 5 star service is certainly the highlight. They all seem to love being part of Team Buri Rasa and have pride and get immense pleasure from making your holiday extra special.
We've stayed in many of the rooms... the upstairs balcony rooms with their high ceilings and great feeling of space, the downstairs rooms where closing your gated garden allows the fantasy of owning your own little Thai villa and we've even been lucky enough to stay in the massive sea view family suite which is bigger than many flats I've lived in back home!
For those who've not been here... Chaweng is a crazy noisy fun town that now even has its own shopping mall! Buri Rasa is your oasis of calm amongst the madness. It sits on the best part of Chaweng beach (think talcum powder sand and aqua blue sea the temperature of bath water) and the hotel's transition from rooms to restaurant and bar to pool and beach is really well designed.
We've had great times here as a new couple staying up partying until the small hours and we now have great times here with our new daughter (going to bed a little earlier)! If you have kids the staff here will love you even more!
Please don't expect big international hotel 5 star facilities, Buri Rasa has more of a homely boutique feel. As with everywhere over here it can suffer with mosquitoes but please use your spray and don't leave your room door open as it's getting dark. Also Chaweng has an increasing amount of noisy bars and if you want complete silence go to Bophut (or even better go over to Buri Rasa on Koh Phangan!)
We'll be back next year... we wish it could be sooner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand