“Another Fantastic Holiday in this Little Oasis”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Came back to Buri Rasa again in April with my family, again it was great. The staff are the best, front of house and staff at the pool bar and beach. Great with children, they are spoiled with attention, we always feel at home.
There is some building noise, this did not worry us as we knew it was happening, KC's next door was a little loud on weekends, we were there at the time of their official opening and were told about possible noise. I believe the Buri Rasa and a few others are dealing with the island officials to address the problem.
Don't let this stop you from enjoying a Gem hidden away in the Chaweng Beach area, you can't go past this place for service and hospitality. We will be back again and again, it sure suits our holidays, we love it.

Stayed: April 2013
6  Thank Chris B

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel in Chewang.

The rooms, gardens & pool are all excellent.

The hotel looks out onto the best part of the beach also.

Breakfast is good & there is a large variety to choose from.

Service is excellent & all staff are super friendly.

There is construction next door (which we didn't find bad but may annoy others....) & the Beach Club next door does play music from 11am, sometimes till late. This is more annoying & does spoil the tranquility of Buri Rasa a bit.

Overall, very good hotel & we had a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013
7  Thank Scott M
Reviewed June 7, 2013

A gem hidden between ultramodern hotels. Great location with the best beach in Koh Samui and walking distance to restaurants. Price is reasonable and service is one of the best I have experienced so far.

Room Tip: Try to go for a room closer to the beach away from the main street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Kenneth C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I came to Koh Samui with my girlfriend for a vacation, somewhere to escape from work and other things for a nice getaway. If you are looking for partying and drinking, then this is not the right place for you. Go to Phuket or Pattaya instead.

I loved this resort for many reasons, and here's a list of them

1) The staff were mostly very friendly, and also really helpful. I asked for some advice on what kind of activities (or how do we do it) are available on the island, and the staff (Yui) helped us booked everything. My girlfriend got a scratch on her forehead, and almost every staff who noticed us asked what happened and offered some sort of bandaid or medicine to her. Every staff greets you when you walk by.

2) Beach side dining, what's not to love? Their restaurant is pretty much RIGHT on the beach. At dinner time although you don't get to catch the sunset, you could probably manage to catch a good sunrise during the morning, but we never woke up early enough for that. When I put on mosquito repellent on after sitting down for dinner, staff immediately came over with mosquito repellent spray within the minute. The view was fantastic, and the food was pretty good, too. If you are looking for a romantic dinner, this is the place. Nice view, candle light dinner, helpful friendly staff. Sometimes you also get local merchants walking around selling balloons at night (they kind of look like garbage bags from far away), you can light them up when it gets a bit dark, write your wish on it (ask staff for a pen or something), and let it go up into the sky like a lantern.

3) The first night we arrived, you get an elephant made out of towels on your bed, and wooden sticks that spells your name! Someone actually went out of their way to find sticks so they could spell your name. Every night you also get a tiny gift from the staff on your bed. It probably does not cost too much, but it's a very nice touch!

4) You can reach the beach right at the end of the hotel, which makes it so convenient to relax or just go swimming in the ocean Chaweng beach is beautiful and the water is to die for! I stayed here for 5 days, and we only left our resort for 2 days to go on a Safari tour. It was well worth it! But on other days we lied on the beach and relaxed. The staff also keeps track of who's using their sun beds, meaning the beds are reserved for hotel guests only, and you will always have a spot as a guest. Strangers are not allowed to use their sun beds. Also, sometimes if you go back to your room for a shower or something, the staff will keep your towels on your sun beds for you for a while just in case you come back.

5) After visiting Bangkok, you get a little wary of scams. But the staff here who recommend activities to us really show that they care, and it makes it easy for us to trust them! They warn you of certain scams and always tells the truth.

6) Breakfast buffet is free and included (opens until 10:30am). I thought it was alright but my girlfriend loved it. They have a buffet and also a menu for you to order dishes including Pad Thai, eggs benedict...

7) There's a special summer promotion at the moment, 300 Baht for a Thai massage at their spa. I fell asleep twice while having a massage, should definitely try it!

8) If you come to this resort without planning ahead, don't worry, there is always something to do! Just ask the front desk and they can throw in lots of suggestions for you!

9) Lots of privacy. Each room is like a little complex on its own.

10) Traditional Thai shower (in a wooden barrel) in your rainforest bathroom! Honestly the Thai bath came in handier than I have expected. I have washed my feet there too many times after going to the beach. They also have a mini wooden barrel outside of your room.

The downside of it is that the neighbouring hotel is under constructions at the moment. It didn't bother me though. My girlfriend and I both slept soundly. I also did not hear too much noise while at the beach, I guess I was really enjoying the sound of the tides. By the way, beware of jet ski rentals! They are expensive and many people have mentioned a scam on trip advisor. And again, if you are looking for a nice getaway, this resort is a perfect place. But if you are looking for fun and partying, please consider somewhere else.

Room Tip: Neighbouring resorts are noisy, but with the windows and doors closed it's not that bad.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank fromVancouverCanada
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Buri Rasa for 6 nights based on the reviews on Trip Advisor.
The hotel is located in Chaweng and has a central location on the strip. Chaweng itself is very built up and noisy but has the benefits of having lots of thai massage shops and restaurants in walking distance. We went to a cabaret show and Muay Thai boxing event which were good fun and in walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel staff were friendly but we did not find the service as exceptional as other people. To give an example - on 3 out of 5 breakfasts, the staff forgot to bring us either the breakfast itself or the drinks we had ordered. Either that or they brought the wrong thing. I asked one member of staff for a mosquito coil which she failed to get for me. Saying this, they were all very polite and friendly.
We had dinner at the hotel on one evening and all ordered the seafood platters. The setting was amazing- on the beach with lovely lighting. The food was not that great.
The beach itself was beautiful and the pool was also nicer than I had expected. The staff were good at laying out the towels and helping with umbrellas.
Our main issue was the noise. This is why I am writing this review. I am totally aware that this is not the fault of the hotel and yet I think people should be aware of it before they book. The noise of the construction was persistent through the day, and for us was very intrusive. I slept with earplugs and got woken up twice with drilling and hammering. You can hear the construction from the pool and at breakfast. I could also hear the beach club music but at least this was fun and added to a good atmosphere. My husband and a friend of ours had massages at the spa and could hear the construction too.
If noise truly does not distract you, then that's great but if you want a chilled location on the beach, I would avoid this place until the construction has ended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alpaca79
Reviewed May 30, 2013

perfectly located! directly at the beautiful site of chaweng beach! at the moment there is a construction at the neighbour hotel going on. for us it was no problem... hotel rooms are very nice... can´t claim about anything... KC Beach Club is right next to this hotel. Fri and Sa they have beachparty with clubsound... perfect stay for us! A big thanks to the friendly staff from frontdesk!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Zoco77
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel has excellent location. On one side is the beach and other side is the main street. There are many eating options on this street. The hotel is decorated very tastefully. Staff is pleasant and provide superb service. Best part of the hotel is the pool & beach area. We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family