“The perfect holiday”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 11 nights (with friends and family) and had the best holiday - a combination of absolute pampering and good fun. By pampering I mean relaxing on the deck overlooking the beach, swimming in the ocean and then the pool, eating fantastic food (the menu caters for a huge range of tastes and we tried everything from Thai, to Italian, to seafood and hamburgers - just brilliant!), having massages, to cocktail hour and dinner on the beach, under the stars.

For fun we went parasailing, snorkeling, toured around the island and visited other islands, did a ladyboy show, as well as shopping for bargains along the main street and at the Fisherman's market.

The Buri Rasa accommodation is beautiful, but the service and friendliness of the staff is outstanding..every staff member we met was friendly and more than helpful. Always a smile and always going out of their way to help. A great bunch of people! Our room was cleaned perfectly and bed turned down with treats every day. I note that some reviews have mentioned the construction noise from next door but you could barely hear it. It wasn't a problem at all.

For cheap eats - Ninja Crepes is just across the road and has the most delicious cheap food..try the fried ice cream, or mango ice cream..incredible,

We also walked up and down the beach and am so glad we were where we were. Much too noisy and congested up the northern end of the beach.

I reckon I could have stayed there another month quite easily and we were very sorry to leave.

I have recommended the Buri Rasa to all my friends and would love to go back there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Fred H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I recently spent 8 nights at the Buri Rasa Village. I had done a lot of research on hotels/resorts in the Chewang area and after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor about this hotel, I booked it. We could not have been any more satisfied. This hotel is truly amazing!! It truly is an oasis in the midst of the hustle and bustle of Chewang. The décor is beautiful, the service is second to none, the food is great and the location is central. Our room was extremely clean and serviced twice a day. The bed and pillows were very comfortable..I slept really well every night. The restaurant/bar/pool area, which is located on the beach front, are gorgeous. The pictures you see on the website are exactly what you get! None of them have been touched up. The beach in front of the hotel is absolutely beautiful..clear, azure blue water and lovely soft, white, clean sand. Yes, there is building construction going on next door and yes, we did hear it, but don't let this being mentioned in other reviews put you off booking this hotel. We actually had a room on the second floor and right next to the construction. When I saw which room we had I was a bit worried but we didn't have any problems with noise at all during our stay. The noise, while we were there in early-mid April, was minimal. Other reviews have mentioned the loud music being played by the KC Beach Club on the other side of this resort. This is no longer happening. After talking to the staff at the Buri Rasa, apparently the music was very loud a while ago but a stop has now been put to this and any music we heard played was not loud or interfering in any way. During our stay my husband and I walked up and down Chewang beach many times looking at all the other hotels, none came close to the standard of the Buri Rasa for the price you pay. The Nam Day Spa, which you don't hear much about, located within the resort is excellent too. I had 3 treatments there during our stay and the service and quality of treatment for the price you pay is outstanding! My husband and I spent a half day at Tamarind Springs, for which we paid a fortune, and I would NEVER waste my money doing that again. I wish I had spent the money paid at Tamarind at the NAM Spa instead. We would not stay anywhere else if we visit Koh Samui again! It would be the Buri Rasa for us again. AN EXCELLENT RESORT!

Room Tip: Maybe asking for a room on the KC Beach Resort side of the resort would be an idea but we didn't...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank K M
Reviewed April 20, 2013

So i decided to ignore the negative reviews about the noise, and I am so glad I did. Went with my GF for 6 nights and had the best time ever.

Location - excellent, walking distance to the busy area with restaurants, clubs, bars, etc, but not too close.

Beach - we walked up and down the beach and it is definitely in the better section of beach, clean, no sea weed, lots of sand.

Room - clean, excellent shower, big tv, superb ac and fan, large bed, cleaned everyday

Service - will be hard to match, very attentive, always willing to help and go that extra mile. all staff happy to take on requests and answer questions. DVD collection was great for a night in.

Food - very tasty and reasonably priced. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all of a very standard.

Now the noise - maybe I missed the worst of the construction noise but it did not affect us at all. Our last night was the grand opening of the KC Beach club next door. Music was pretty loud, however i understand this is only on a Saturday night. I really hope this does not affect Buri Rasa too much because it is a wonderful resort.

Special thanks to Ice, Ping and Chart who I felt went that extra mile, especially with my mango. However all the staff were really great.

Felt like more of a couples, romantic resort not sure if it suits families

I really do not have a bad thing to say about Buri Rasa and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MrWhyte
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stayed at Buri Rasa in February this year and absolutely loved it! I was a little worried after reading some negative comments about the construction but I can honestly say it did not bother us at all. There was construction on one side while we were there but it didn't wake us at all and it was never a problem. Buri Rasa is like a little oasis in the hustle and bustle of Chaweng. It is very close to all the shopping and lovely restaurants but far enough away to be relaxing. We loved our room and the food in the restaurant was just beautiful. The staff also deserve a mention as they are so welcoming and accommodating. Nothing is too much trouble and they helped us arrange tours etc. There is a restaurant across the road called Ninja Crepes which has the best thai food at fantastic prices. Loved the pool and beach area as well. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Deb M
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Buri Rasa for 10 nights. Our experience there was amazing. The staff work incredibly hard to ensure your needs are met! They truly make the difference in making your staff memorable.
The rooms are sizeable and clean but should be noted there is only 1 bed! I was travelling with my BFF and had requested 2 beds only to arrive and discover there aren't any rooms with 2 beds. Staff worked hard and rectified the situation. We both had a very comfortable stay! The room was also cleaned in the morning and we LOVED turn down service in the evening as there was always a tasty treat and a hand written note from one of the staff. It is the little touches that make this a 5 star resort!
We enjoyed the beach and there was never an issue with lounge chairs. Staff would set us up promptly in the morning by arranging our chairs, setting up the umbrella and laying out our towels. Staff also checked with us regularly to see if we wanted drinks or snacks.
The morning breakfast was phenomenal! The buffet has a wonderful selection of fruits, pastries, cheeses, cereals and breads. You could also order the menu items such as omelettes, french toast, eggs benedict and banana pancakes.
We often ate lunch from food vendors on the beach. We had roasted corn, fresh pineapple, mango and chicken satays. Delicious and never had any tummy troubles.
Before arriving we were aware of the noise on either side of the resort. One side is construction and the other is the KC "party" Beach Club. Neither really bothered us. The sound of the ocean seemed to drown out the construction and the music from the KC Club was only an issue on Saturday evenings. The staff at Buri Rasa are well aware of the noise issues and are doing everything they can.
The location of the Buri Rasa was wonderful. Just infront of the resort were lots of restaurants and shops. We often ate at Ninja Crepes just across the road. Great food and great prices!
We also made use of the spa at the Buri Rasa. While it was more expensive than the beach massages or massages in Chewang..it was worth every penny!!! My BFF and I are regular spa goers. We have enjoyed massages at home on a regular basis and every time we travel. Mam has an incredible gift! Her massages were the BEST we have ever enjoyed! Her hands were like magic working every spot just right. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
A big shout out to the following staff that were wonderful and make our trip very memorable for us: Ice, Ae, Takky, Tic, Mam, Arm, Korn, Ping. We hope to see all of you again next year!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank time2travelsolo
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading all the amazing reviews on Buri Rasa I knew I had to stay here whilst with my boyfriend. Being a bit on the pricier side, I divided our time here for 3 nights and 3 at a resort in chewang noi... The hotel now doesn't in compare to buri rasa!

Staff were SO nice, attentive and welcoming- not to mention genuine, telling us not to pay anymore than a certain amount in a taxi etc etc (appreciate honesty) they were always so happy to do anything for us.

Breakfast was the best I've ever had (extensively travelled abroad) anywhere.. Fresh, SO much selection.. Kept us full literally until dinner- not to mention amazing real coffee, very homely touch. Hot and cold made to order as well as buffet..

Location is perfect- not too close to the rowdiness of chewang but an easy walk- when you walk out of the front to your left is the last 1/4 of the main strip, to your right the remaining 3/4. It's also on the most amazing part of chewang beach. Blue water white sand etc

Rooms were really cute- Thai/rustic style with beautiful big bathroom and big living (we just had a standard room) but all rooms are in their own little villa. The only recommendation I would have is that the bed should be king not double, and tv perhaps a little bigger for those who plan to relax in their room also. Other than that, comfy and clean with pretty decor.

If you love the little extras like nighttime turn down service, goodnight notes and treats from staff, staff seeing you coming and having your beach towels ready for you (as well as moving/fetching umbrellas) then pay the little more and stay here- you won't be disappointed.

Would like to also add that it is a boutique resort so it wasn't overcrowded at all always able to get a spot on beach or decking. **Bring your own mosqioto repellent to samui regardless of where you're staying**

Check in/check out smooth and were happy to let us keep using pool and services after checkout whilst waiting for transfer- even offered us a shower before we left (as room had Been checked out)

Cant wait to come back here, thank you Buri Rasa

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Stephy190690
Reviewed April 6, 2013

There is heavy loud construction here!!!

Great Hotel, but you cant come here until after November 2013. At least that is the estimate of when construction will be finished.

When I booked this hotel, I did not have time to read many reviews and did not notice anything about construction. I just wanted the best place in Chewang and I stayed at the Rassananda on Koh Phangan which is a sister resort and thought it was the best hotel out there, so Burio Rasa was a no brainer. Boy was I wrong.

This hotel is on a very narrow strip that stretches about 20-30 meters from its border with a construction site and a beach club with loud music.

We had the pleasure of staying on the left site of the resort adjacent to the construction. Those of you who think, how bad can it be, well, could not be worse in my opinion.

The workers actually sleep at the site. At 7:30 am there is a siren to wake up the construction employees and they start drilling within 15 minutes. So you have no choice but to wake up. You go to breakfast and have a wonderful open are meal with non stop drilling, and a bird chirp here and there to remind you that you are not in the city on a construction site.

The right site of the resort is adjacent to a very active beach club with late night parties. If you have the pleasure of sleeping on that end of the resort, you will have some very loud beets and thumps accompanying you to sleep every night ☺.

Other than noise, this hotel is actually wonderful, but you cant enjoy it.

Atmosphere: City Construction site and late night club

Rooms: Very nice. Natural materials, very clean and large. You get a courtyard with a small pool. AC is very quite and you can set it to whatever your comfort zone is.

Service: You cant get any better than this. This is the nest service I have ever received at a hotel and is equal to the resananda. Ice and Ae were especially helpful and friendly to us. The service really makes you feel pampered and will provide what ever you need. In one instance our baby daughter woke up with a mosquito bite on her eye lid. We wanted to have it checked out by a doctor so the hotel immediately drove us to the local hospital and came to pick us up after at no charge.

Beach: pristine, with crystal clear water. Many beach vendors who will not come up to you if you sit on the hotel chairs. They can be annoying but we actually enjoyed their offering. They provide the perfect fresh lunch at $1-3US. You can also buy an ice cream bar, fresh fruit or a shake at dirt cheep prices. I actually loved it as for the first time, the hotel did not have me in shackles to buy only from them at their x10 market prices.

Pool: Very nice, but a bit small. It never gets crouded (more than 2 people in the pool) as the hotel only has about 30 rooms. Its usually fully booked but you feel like its half empty.

Breakfast: Wonderful. With a variety of fresh juices. An ala cart menue. I personaly recommend the banana pancakes. They were devine with real maple.

Hotel Food: We usually went out for dinner and snacked on beach vendors for lunch. But we did try the hotel food one day for lunch and it was very good. I do recommend venturing outwards as there are very good restaurants for reasonable prices. We actually used trip advisor for food and it came through every time.

If you are considering going to this hotel, i would recomend going to the Buri Rasa on Koh Phangan or the neighboring Rassanada. This place should really be closed down with the construction next door. We actually feel quite cheated that there were no clear warning when we booked via Boo

Room Tip: Walking into the resort from Chewang road, the left side of the resort is adjasent to construction s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family