“Amazing experience...staff are exceptional!”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We recently stayed at the Buri Rasa for 10 nights. Our experience there was amazing. The staff work incredibly hard to ensure your needs are met! They truly make the difference in making your staff memorable.
The rooms are sizeable and clean but should be noted there is only 1 bed! I was travelling with my BFF and had requested 2 beds only to arrive and discover there aren't any rooms with 2 beds. Staff worked hard and rectified the situation. We both had a very comfortable stay! The room was also cleaned in the morning and we LOVED turn down service in the evening as there was always a tasty treat and a hand written note from one of the staff. It is the little touches that make this a 5 star resort!
We enjoyed the beach and there was never an issue with lounge chairs. Staff would set us up promptly in the morning by arranging our chairs, setting up the umbrella and laying out our towels. Staff also checked with us regularly to see if we wanted drinks or snacks.
The morning breakfast was phenomenal! The buffet has a wonderful selection of fruits, pastries, cheeses, cereals and breads. You could also order the menu items such as omelettes, french toast, eggs benedict and banana pancakes.
We often ate lunch from food vendors on the beach. We had roasted corn, fresh pineapple, mango and chicken satays. Delicious and never had any tummy troubles.
Before arriving we were aware of the noise on either side of the resort. One side is construction and the other is the KC "party" Beach Club. Neither really bothered us. The sound of the ocean seemed to drown out the construction and the music from the KC Club was only an issue on Saturday evenings. The staff at Buri Rasa are well aware of the noise issues and are doing everything they can.
The location of the Buri Rasa was wonderful. Just infront of the resort were lots of restaurants and shops. We often ate at Ninja Crepes just across the road. Great food and great prices!
We also made use of the spa at the Buri Rasa. While it was more expensive than the beach massages or massages in Chewang..it was worth every penny!!! My BFF and I are regular spa goers. We have enjoyed massages at home on a regular basis and every time we travel. Mam has an incredible gift! Her massages were the BEST we have ever enjoyed! Her hands were like magic working every spot just right. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
A big shout out to the following staff that were wonderful and make our trip very memorable for us: Ice, Ae, Takky, Tic, Mam, Arm, Korn, Ping. We hope to see all of you again next year!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank time2travelsolo

Reviewed April 7, 2013

After reading all the amazing reviews on Buri Rasa I knew I had to stay here whilst with my boyfriend. Being a bit on the pricier side, I divided our time here for 3 nights and 3 at a resort in chewang noi... The hotel now doesn't in compare to buri rasa!

Staff were SO nice, attentive and welcoming- not to mention genuine, telling us not to pay anymore than a certain amount in a taxi etc etc (appreciate honesty) they were always so happy to do anything for us.

Breakfast was the best I've ever had (extensively travelled abroad) anywhere.. Fresh, SO much selection.. Kept us full literally until dinner- not to mention amazing real coffee, very homely touch. Hot and cold made to order as well as buffet..

Location is perfect- not too close to the rowdiness of chewang but an easy walk- when you walk out of the front to your left is the last 1/4 of the main strip, to your right the remaining 3/4. It's also on the most amazing part of chewang beach. Blue water white sand etc

Rooms were really cute- Thai/rustic style with beautiful big bathroom and big living (we just had a standard room) but all rooms are in their own little villa. The only recommendation I would have is that the bed should be king not double, and tv perhaps a little bigger for those who plan to relax in their room also. Other than that, comfy and clean with pretty decor.

If you love the little extras like nighttime turn down service, goodnight notes and treats from staff, staff seeing you coming and having your beach towels ready for you (as well as moving/fetching umbrellas) then pay the little more and stay here- you won't be disappointed.

Would like to also add that it is a boutique resort so it wasn't overcrowded at all always able to get a spot on beach or decking. **Bring your own mosqioto repellent to samui regardless of where you're staying**

Check in/check out smooth and were happy to let us keep using pool and services after checkout whilst waiting for transfer- even offered us a shower before we left (as room had Been checked out)

Cant wait to come back here, thank you Buri Rasa

• Stayed: April 2013
8  Thank Stephy190690
Reviewed April 6, 2013

There is heavy loud construction here!!!

Great Hotel, but you cant come here until after November 2013. At least that is the estimate of when construction will be finished.

When I booked this hotel, I did not have time to read many reviews and did not notice anything about construction. I just wanted the best place in Chewang and I stayed at the Rassananda on Koh Phangan which is a sister resort and thought it was the best hotel out there, so Burio Rasa was a no brainer. Boy was I wrong.

This hotel is on a very narrow strip that stretches about 20-30 meters from its border with a construction site and a beach club with loud music.

We had the pleasure of staying on the left site of the resort adjacent to the construction. Those of you who think, how bad can it be, well, could not be worse in my opinion.

The workers actually sleep at the site. At 7:30 am there is a siren to wake up the construction employees and they start drilling within 15 minutes. So you have no choice but to wake up. You go to breakfast and have a wonderful open are meal with non stop drilling, and a bird chirp here and there to remind you that you are not in the city on a construction site.

The right site of the resort is adjacent to a very active beach club with late night parties. If you have the pleasure of sleeping on that end of the resort, you will have some very loud beets and thumps accompanying you to sleep every night ☺.

Other than noise, this hotel is actually wonderful, but you cant enjoy it.

Atmosphere: City Construction site and late night club

Rooms: Very nice. Natural materials, very clean and large. You get a courtyard with a small pool. AC is very quite and you can set it to whatever your comfort zone is.

Service: You cant get any better than this. This is the nest service I have ever received at a hotel and is equal to the resananda. Ice and Ae were especially helpful and friendly to us. The service really makes you feel pampered and will provide what ever you need. In one instance our baby daughter woke up with a mosquito bite on her eye lid. We wanted to have it checked out by a doctor so the hotel immediately drove us to the local hospital and came to pick us up after at no charge.

Beach: pristine, with crystal clear water. Many beach vendors who will not come up to you if you sit on the hotel chairs. They can be annoying but we actually enjoyed their offering. They provide the perfect fresh lunch at $1-3US. You can also buy an ice cream bar, fresh fruit or a shake at dirt cheep prices. I actually loved it as for the first time, the hotel did not have me in shackles to buy only from them at their x10 market prices.

Pool: Very nice, but a bit small. It never gets crouded (more than 2 people in the pool) as the hotel only has about 30 rooms. Its usually fully booked but you feel like its half empty.

Breakfast: Wonderful. With a variety of fresh juices. An ala cart menue. I personaly recommend the banana pancakes. They were devine with real maple.

Hotel Food: We usually went out for dinner and snacked on beach vendors for lunch. But we did try the hotel food one day for lunch and it was very good. I do recommend venturing outwards as there are very good restaurants for reasonable prices. We actually used trip advisor for food and it came through every time.

If you are considering going to this hotel, i would recomend going to the Buri Rasa on Koh Phangan or the neighboring Rassanada. This place should really be closed down with the construction next door. We actually feel quite cheated that there were no clear warning when we booked via Boo

Room Tip: Walking into the resort from Chewang road, the left side of the resort is adjasent to construction s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Sagees
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 8 nights and would like to highly recommend it to you:

Good Location - Just locate beside the main street in Chaweng, but the hotel environment is quiet and cozy. The beach is wide and clean.

Nice Room and Facilities
- Although the room we booked is the standard one, it has a nice design and a beautiful balcony.
- There are a plenty of beach chairs for us to enjoy the sun shine.
-Swimming pool not so big but enough for small resort and if we bored to swim in the pool, so we could swim in the sea instead, what a beautiful weather on March and April.

Delicious food - Breakfast in restaurant near the beach. Anything you want. You can order a hot cooked breakfast, or buffet, or both!

Great services
- Housekeeping clean the room around 2-3 times per day, and left the different fruit or thai sweets in the room that made we very exciting every day.......what we could get from them.
- Our room was serviced daily with fresh bed linen and towels, with the room staff turning the bed down at night time and turning your mosquito lamp on and leaving the room in mood lighting for your return.
- Hotel staff are extremely helpful and eagerness to helped us to book the day trip, provided the breakfast boxes and towels for our trip.
- Front desk staff always patient to listened and tried to understand us because of our English not so nice but they willingly helps us all the times. I want to give a big thank you to them!

Spa have a value promotion on this period with Thai massage 400 Baht per hour per person. Lady in Nam Thai spa she could do thai massage very well. I have been there twice!! Great and cheap.

I was finally able to unwind at this lovely hotel - a gentle hotel with a soft personality.

I will be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank BlaryCathy
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. They succeed in in the difficult task of making you feel special.

The staff are amazing and do all they can to make sure you have a good stay. There are also lots of nice little touches which help to make you feel special, they went out of their way to make us feel special by leaving a bottle of champagne, fruit plate, and nightly treats for us. The staff are definitely what made this place so amazing.

I also have to mention the food - very nice breakfast selection and you MUST visit the beach restaurant - beach club atleast once. the ambiance is absolutely awesome and very romantic.The breakfast was really good, with lots of choices (including vodka!)

There was construction going on and sometime it can be loud. it didn' bother us too much, whatever it's not our point while we were spend our holiday here......

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Matsudo I
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

while we were spend time here with my family, nothing to complain but want to say big thanks to all staffs, They could do everything for us and made sure that we were alright and happy!!

Family suite room was enough for 4 of us and very comfortable, everyday we had surprise from housekeeping, they were leave some thai sweet on our bed and they change it everyday.....such a lovely surprise and our kids love it !

For breakfast and dinner here so delicious and we always enjoyed our meals in the resort, but if you bored menu in the resort, you can walk outside and very easy to find many restaurants to eat ..,, located on Chaweng beach

Again, we want to thank you for the best service from Buri Rasa team. All of you can do the best thing to guests, for sure we will come back again and I want to recommend my friends when they plan to Samui,Thailand !

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Monikov
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only for one night, returning from Koh Phangan.
As stated in previous reviews, there is a construction site on one side of the hotel , yes we could hear noises from there, but it wasn't intrusive, and they only work during the day.
Our room was beautiful,spacious with an amazing bathroom ( with shower and bath) ,clean with a lovely balcony, overlooking the neighbouring hotel.
The gardens are well maintained, the swimming pool is small but beautiful, unfortunately the weather was not great when we arrived so didn't use it.
Breakfast was great, with an extensive variety of cold and hot dishes, continental and asian, we loved it!
Location is great if you like Chaweng, we thought it was too busy, but when you enter the hotel premises, you are in another world, quiet and peaceful.
The beach is beautiful, and great for walking. The sand is fine and soft.On our walks we checked the neighbouring hotels and none is as good as Buri Rasa.
But the best part was the staff, they are so nice and helpful. They really made us feel special.
In the evening my internet connection was not working, two lovely ladies from reception came to help me fix it, we found out that the problem was with my laptop, so they lent me their laptop, it was very nice of them.The following morning I went to the reception to give the laptop back, and they rushed to me saying that I shouldn't have worried, they would carry it back, they were genuinely helpful and thoughtful.
They were great organizing taxis and transport to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, I don't think you will find a nicer hotel in this area.
Thanks Buri Rasa!