“Great atmosphere and great service”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

while we were spend time here with my family, nothing to complain but want to say big thanks to all staffs, They could do everything for us and made sure that we were alright and happy!!

Family suite room was enough for 4 of us and very comfortable, everyday we had surprise from housekeeping, they were leave some thai sweet on our bed and they change it everyday.....such a lovely surprise and our kids love it !

For breakfast and dinner here so delicious and we always enjoyed our meals in the resort, but if you bored menu in the resort, you can walk outside and very easy to find many restaurants to eat ..,, located on Chaweng beach

Again, we want to thank you for the best service from Buri Rasa team. All of you can do the best thing to guests, for sure we will come back again and I want to recommend my friends when they plan to Samui,Thailand !

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Monikov

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel only for one night, returning from Koh Phangan.
As stated in previous reviews, there is a construction site on one side of the hotel , yes we could hear noises from there, but it wasn't intrusive, and they only work during the day.
Our room was beautiful,spacious with an amazing bathroom ( with shower and bath) ,clean with a lovely balcony, overlooking the neighbouring hotel.
The gardens are well maintained, the swimming pool is small but beautiful, unfortunately the weather was not great when we arrived so didn't use it.
Breakfast was great, with an extensive variety of cold and hot dishes, continental and asian, we loved it!
Location is great if you like Chaweng, we thought it was too busy, but when you enter the hotel premises, you are in another world, quiet and peaceful.
The beach is beautiful, and great for walking. The sand is fine and soft.On our walks we checked the neighbouring hotels and none is as good as Buri Rasa.
But the best part was the staff, they are so nice and helpful. They really made us feel special.
In the evening my internet connection was not working, two lovely ladies from reception came to help me fix it, we found out that the problem was with my laptop, so they lent me their laptop, it was very nice of them.The following morning I went to the reception to give the laptop back, and they rushed to me saying that I shouldn't have worried, they would carry it back, they were genuinely helpful and thoughtful.
They were great organizing taxis and transport to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel, I don't think you will find a nicer hotel in this area.
Thanks Buri Rasa!

4  Thank neneduk
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our first Buri Rasa experience last June so much we decided to visit again, despite warnings from some travellers of excessive noise from an adjoining building site and loud music from the recently completed KC resort on the other side. We are so glad we chose the Buri Rasa for our 6-nite stay. The ambience, location and character of the resort and the unrivalled friendliness of all the staff were delightful. Yes, the serenity of our balcony among the trees was affected a little by a big aircon unit on the adjoining resort but there was no loud music and construction activities were only noticeable when we were on the beach and even there it was not a serious intrusion. There are bigger, newer, more sophisticated resorts than the Buri Rasa but it suits us perfectly. We love every part of it - the welcoming message and bottle of sparkling wine when we arrive, the beautiful sandy beach with its big shade tree, the ample supply of deckchairs, the infinity pool, the well-tendered gardens, the little offerings of local sweets delivered to our room at night, the wonderful breakfast array, outstanding nighttime dining at the beachside restaurant and, most of all, the friendliness of staff who have now become good friends. The spa was being renovated during our visit but staff helped steer us to a suitable replacement. We swam each day although the sea was a little choppy at this time of year and one day the water was absolutely flat and perfect! We hope to return to this delightful little gem many more times!

Room Tip: We prefer an upstairs room as downstairs units, which have individual pools, have less privacy.
3  Thank bilka
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is the first time I and my wife came to Samui. I chose this hotel after reading various reviews in Trip Adivisor. The only negative comment is the construction noise, so we would like to make a try. The decision couldn’t be wrong since everything was perfect. We had no complaints, and the construction noise didn’t really disturb us.

You can find the best service like 6 stars hotel here ! The staff are always friendly, service-minded and ready to help you. They made us feel like it were our second home for all 14-day vacation here.

The breakfast here with variety of selection were so fresh and delicious. You shouldn’t miss banana pancake and Pad Thai with shrimp. So yummy !!! My favorite lunch manu is deep fried fish with tamarine sauce served with hot steamed rice !!! Such a perfect dish for me.

The hotel atmosphere is really private and suits our relaxing purpose. It is small and not crowded. The beach was clean and beautiful. The green trees all around the hotel make a cool atmosphere. They also give the wonderful and unique image for the hotel.

Such a pity that we had only 14 days to spend here. We definitely make another visit for more wonderful experience here again.

3  Thank Andriel C
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Right from the minute we arrived we were provided with exceptional service by the incredibly friendly resort staff. We were on our honeymoon and were immediately upgraded without request.

Everything was fabulous. The staff, the ambience and the location. My wife & I stayed during our honeymoon. I would definitely say that I have never came across staff members who are so courteous. They made us feel like a royal couple. The serivce was excellent. The location and the views from the hotel were breathtaking but the best part was courteous staff.

Restaurant : Breakfast - They have 1 of the best menus right from various spread of fruits, breads, cereals, eggs, hams and juices and tasty pancakes.in 1 word excellent. The Cappuccino is great!!

Overall : Memorable experience with very comfortable stay and great people for service. You can stay at green garden with dip pool rooms and perfect stay for the couples. In all we had a fun and memorable stay topped with a class service standards.

The construction still going on but it's not too bad, they have worked just in the day time, early morning 8.00 AM. till evening, but the noisy not really annoying you.

This is the best resort in its category that I have ever visited. I would highly recommend a stay here for anyone who is visiting koh Samui.

5  Thank Merci T
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Was surprised that the property got such good reviews on TripAdvisor - was particularly bummed to find a large construction site next to our lovely room (check to see that the construction is done before you book there!). Asked if we could be moved, and the staff couldn't have been more wonderful. They took good care of us, upgraded our room, and worked overtime to make sure we had a good stay. Breakfast was lovely - room and gardens were great. Chaweng beach is not our scene - nice sand and water, but over-developed in an unpleasing way. prefer the feel of Bhoput, but Bhoput has pebble beach, not sand.

Room Tip: If you book there, ask to be on the side of the property away from the construction side.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank SandyCo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Since our last review we have stayed at Buri Rasa again on two occasions and have a stay
coming up in May 2013.I have read most of the" not so happy travellers" reviews.who have stayed there recently.I would further like to add some comments
Location---.If you want a good location "beachside" this hotel has one of the best in Samui
Shopping , restaurants and other services,. just out the front on the main strip.
Peace & Quiet----The noise on either side of the hotel cannot be avoided by the hotel unfortunately, as in our experience over many years there has been others building (construction takes a long time to complete in Asia generally) on bothsides of the hotel.I might add there has always been some noise from a bar/,nite venue 2/3 doors down the street. and locals that let fireworks off at night---all part of Asian holidays.My advice is if you want peace and quiet, central Chaweng may not be the place to stay.
Service---- the front desk I can agree, to some extent, about this not being so good
Laungage barriers are difficult ( I have first hand experience with this, as we have the same problem in Bali) my suggestion is, be nice,dont show anger and be patient they do interprat
somethings differently.Also there has been quite a few staff changes here which hasnt helped.
Family friendly----
In my view this is a boutique type hotel and not suited for large families or groups so if you are looking for all the "kids stuff" go to the Central Samui or Amari or the others that are larger and advertise kids facilities.
The beach--- this changes with the seasons, so pick your vacation time if the beach is a priority
The restaurant---this has improved out of sight in the last year, so this is a positive.
The Pool----not the olympic pool some would like but ok for a dip---not for childrens play. The ocean is a better opition at the right time of the year.which is quite safe.
Fitness centre---dont have one--yet
Rooms---good size. I do agree the bed against the wall may be a problem for some.We have
found the Room staff fantastic.Nightly turn down service and usally a pillow treat,
All in all Buri Rasa to date,!!! ticks all the boxes for us but like all hotels/resorts there is always
room to improve and the only way for this to happen is TELL THEM hopefully they take on
board our comments.

Room Tip: We have mostly had a deluxe room on the 2nd floor as the dip pool rooms dont appeal to us . Most of...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple