“Enjoyable stay, rooms, service, food, and little touches”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Enjoyable stay, rooms, service, food, and little touches”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed our stay, the rooms, the little touches, the service, and the food.

Comments:
- Noise from the neighboring construction side did not both me at all, I didn't hear it most of the time.
- Service was always good and in many cases great. There was one young man and one young lady at the restaurant who I thought were amazing to the point where I will remember them.
- AC was very good in the bedroom (remote controlled so you don't have to get out of bed).
- DVD player and LCD TV in the room for rainy days
- Dinner was good, but we are foodies so we sought out two of the best restaurants on the island for even better meals.
- Breakfast was great: I ate Fried Rice with Pork, a Chocolate Croissant, Banana Bread, and Yogurt every morning. On our last day we left so early they gave us a boxed breakfast.
- The hotel has a van or two that can take you around instead of finding a local taxi. They will charge you but by western standards the price difference is negligibly higher than taxis you'll find on the street, but way more convenient. I highly recommend taking the service, they will even pick you up if you call when you are ready. Note: both our journeys were only 10-15 minutes; I don't know if they will take you longer distances to other ends of the island.
- Pool is small but good, looks nice
- Drinks at the bar are good
- The bathroom in our unit was kind of outside because it has a small screen on one side and a wall on 3 sides. You could leave the door open to the bedroom but this exposes you to mosquitoes as they will inevitably find their way through a screen. Note: In November there are some mosquitoes all over the island, but not many. With DEET you are fine. We just were strict about keeping the bathroom door closed to mosquitoes couldn't enter out bedroom. This is not a deal breaker, just a heads up.

Room Tip: Many of the downstairs rooms have a small dip pool outside the room (but behind gates). Room 25 and...
1 Thank zzmilzz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. They succeed in in the difficult task of making you feel special. The staff are amazing and do all they can to make sure you have a good stay. There are also lots of nice little touches which help to make you feel special (e.g. helping you arrange activities, leaving you a different snack in your room each day when you come back to your room such as selection of Thai fruit, local sweets etc). The breakfast in the morning is excellent with a wide selection of very nice food. Also the location of the hotel is excellent as you are close to the airport so it's easy to get to, it is also on the main street if you want to go out (shopping, restaurants, bars) and of course it is right on the beach. Also as it is made up of of different apartments instead of just a big hotel there aren't many people which means it feels quiet and relaxed. In addition the apartments are very nice with good facilities and a large size. I would really recommend staying here it is an amazing hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JonathanCC
Pak Kret, Thailand
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Our family stayed in Buri Rasa Village for 5 days. We have never been in Koh Samui before and found out that Buri Rasa provides a good value. We were looking for a nice sea and a nice beach and we found it. My kids 5 and 8 had a great time as well as we did. The staff was very helpful and devoted to make sure we had a great time. Buri Rasa is on the main road of the Chaweng beach area so many restaurants, market and obviously shopping. The Beach Club is the restaurant and we eat multiple times there. Always enjoyed it. But the dining on the beach was very special. Their menu had Thai and international food as well and their breakfast buffet had many options. The staff does an excellent job setting up the tables and lights on the beach. The city had a power outage and the Hotel generator made the situation go smooth. We were told in advance that there is construction going on on both sides of the hotel during the day. It was a little bit noisy specially when trying to have a relaxing massage. Other than that it did not bother us. I recommend it and will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ortiza
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 3, 2012

we stayed at Buri Rasa for 4 nights and 5 days in November and I agree with most of the other reviewers, we regretted not staying longer. We stayed in room 32 closer to the beach, and it had an awesome and unquie private courtyard view. I absolutely loved that view!!! that view is now on my iphone and ipad as default screen view, it was that good!!!

I also think what made this place great were the people. Right from the the moment we stepped in, Lisa the property manager was super super friendly and helpful in making us feel welcomed. Other resort crew like Arm, Pong, Aom, Chart and especially Ice, were so so awesome and helpful that i dont i have met more friendly and warm crew in my life!!!

I also have to mention the food - very nice breakfast selection and you MUST visit the beach restaurant - beach club atleast once. the ambiance is absolutely awesome and very romantic. Not to mention the cool sand and the wind hitting you while you get to eat fresh sea food - its the best!!! we also loved the nightly treats they left us - perfect end to your awesome evening.

Just to keep few other things in mind - there is construction going on and sometime it can be loud. it didn' bother us too much because one day in rained in the morning (so there was no construction that day) and other days we were touring the islands. Also when you want to get a cab, just go outside the resort, there are plenty of cabs, you will end of paying only 300 baht instead of 500 baht that the hotel was charging us to get a cab (which i thought was outrageous).

All in all it was an amazing trip and i cannot thank enough Buri Rasa and its crew enough. I am already looking forward to coming back here :-).

5 Thank rahulkabra
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel was stunning, if you like the more traditional style rooms. I typically prefer more modern hotels, but I really enjoyed my time here. Our room was lovely, with its own splash pool and private courtyard area (Room 33), I also really appreciated how secluded we felt despite being on a resort. They have their own beach area which was also a plus.

The breakfast was really good, with lots of choices (including vodka!) but my only issue was being harassed by flies every time I ate. I think it may have had to do with the fact that I chose to sit right near window, but it was an open air restaurant.

Our room was lovely with just enough room for the two of us. The staff went out of their way to make us feel special by leaving a bottle of champagne, fruit plate, and nightly treats for us. The staff are definitely what made this place so amazing. They are just so incredibly warm and welcoming, I can't say enough about how wonderful I thought they were.

The location was great in a popular part of Koh Samui, with lots to do at night just by having a walk around

5 Thank F K
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This hotel had such great reviews we were very much looking forward to moving there from Bangkok.
Easy to get to from airport, but disappointed on arrival. Our disappointment may have been because we moved from the Peninsula in Bangkok to here and the difference was quite something. Our room (12) was prepared nicely, but the bed - one side is right up against the wall and frustrating for the occupant of that side to get in & out of! Bathroom ok, but no a/c in there and despite long time didn't get any clothes dried after washing & putting on line (humidity high as rainy season)
We only ever had 2 towels left which was a bit frustrating as I went to the gym (see later in message) in the morning and when I came back the towels had been changed, so if I used one it would be wet still in the evening.
Sunbeds nice but felt couldn't turn to face sun later in day as in single line on deck - so had to opt to move to beach.
Having said that, staff were good ( but not fantastic). The food however was FANTASTIC and well worth a visit if you are staying in the area. They set the beach up with tables and the atmosphere is lovely. Everything we tried in the restaurant was lovely, breakfast great, evening meals fab!
Sea beautiful and beach great. The main road is hot to walk down, and you are pestered a bit, but not too bad.
There was no gym so I had to go to the Centara Grand just a few mins stalk up the road. This was a great facility and cost me 275 tb per day visit. 3 t read ills, x trainers, concept 2 and upright bikes.
After 5 days we grew to like the Buri Rasa, but it did not compare to the Peninsula in any way!

B

Room Tip: Higher numbered rooms are closer to beach. Ours was a dip pool villa - but the dip pool was cold &am...
1 Thank Babs S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Stayed in Buri Rasa in late October on the occasion of our 25th wedding anniversary. We were treated with messages of congratulations on the bed, champagne and celebration cakes. The staff are just lovely and could not do enough for us. Our children joined us for the trip and they were treated just as well by all Buri Rasa staff. Breakfast choices are many and superb, lovely meals available to eat during the day while enjoying cocktails on the beach and the restaurant at night is some of the best Thai we have eaten. Lovely location direcctly onto the beach and out the front to the main street. Cant wait to visit again, thanks Buri Rasa!

3 Thank Julie H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chaweng
Poppies Samui
#8 of 104 in Chaweng
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
Bo Phut Resort & Spa
#2 of 187 in Bophut

Been to Buri Rasa Village Samui? Share your experiences!