“We will return…..when construction is finished next door!”

Buri Rasa Village Samui
Ranked #2 of 103 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is located just south of the Chaweng “city” center & was quaint, traditionally thai, and sat directly on the beach- what more could we ask for?!?! Unfortunately, there was very loud construction going on next door to the resort, which was a nuisance every day. The staff was as accommodating & understanding to the situation as they could be, although our room sat on the side of the property that was the loudest & we could not move rooms due to the hotel being sold out. They did however present us with a bottle of chilled white wine and an apology note to smooth things over, very thoughtful. Our room was upgraded to a suite with a lovely garden area out front (that we could not use due to the noise). But no matter, we spent every day out and about for the most part.

Room Tip: There is a TON of construction going on on the south side of the hotel so ask for a room on the othe...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Intlnabers
There are newer reviews for Buri Rasa Village Samui

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is our second stay at Buri Rasa, this time around our honeymoon. This was the third hotel we stayed at during our stay and the service was beyond amazing. They welcomed us by putting us in the same room we stayed at last time, they had a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival and made our honeymoon incredibly special.

Ice, 'A' and Pong made our stay wonderful and we are already looking forward to returning.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sky K
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It's taken me a bit of time to write this review, but I'm glad to finally do it to warn other potential guests. 3 months ago I decided to do a solo trip to Thailand as it had been a dream destination for me. While I mostly stay in average hotels and B&Bs, I decide to "splurge" for my final two nights. I chose this hotel based on the great reviews on here. Due to some incredibly untimely series of events, I was left stranded on another island due to the ferry to Koh Samui being canceled for that day. I was completely distraught as I had no where to stay, barely anyone spoke English/could help me, and was spending on this money on a room here. I called the hotel as soon as possible to relay the horrible turn of events and to put them on notice that I would not be arriving until the next day (amidst plenty of tears). Everything seemed ok on the hotel's end.

Flash forward to the next day. I was unshowered and a complete wreck from the night before, but finally arrived at the hotel. Besides the wonderful set up for the room itself, the service from the hotel employees was absolutely horrendous. First, I explained the situation to the manager on duty (not the GM) and they basically said there was nothing they could do about it. No one tried to help me in any way. I had planned on doing a morning tour that day, but had missed it due to the mishap, we I also explained. No employee tried to see if there were other things I could do around the island to enjoy my experience. They just said: everything's closed. They didn't even see if I could do some fun activity the following morning and just looked at me like I was crazy. I ended up walking aimlessly around the island by myself and eventually watching a DVD in my room. To add to that, I was told there was free breakfast when I purchased the room. The next morning I called to check if breakfast were actually available. They said no. Turns out that was a complete lie and I had to go pay for breakfast somewhere else due to their error. I also asked to speak to the GM multiple times and they ignored my request.

The hotel employees could have easily helped to turn around my stay, but they made it the worst part of my trip. When you add on the nearby construction, it put me into one of the most foul moods. I work for a VERY reputable public relations (largest in the world) and handle travel accounts. I've never had such poor service from a "high class" resort. I'm making sure to tell all of my colleagues and journalist friends to AVOID this place. Save your money and go somewhere else or actually go somewhere that treats you with respect.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
36  Thank Candace M
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights with 2 rooms in Oct 2012. Had expected construction noise (according to reviews) but did not hear much. Rooms were resort-like with ample greenery and with attentive reception. Love the free drinks at the lounge especially after a hot day in the sun. Breakfast was great with the kitchen menu ... catered to individual taste. Rooms were clean and made up at least twice daily.
My only beef was the wifi/internet which was practically non-existant in both rooms ... so leave your laptop at home and relax... and not forgetting the mosquitoes in the rooms.
Will recommend a holiday at this resort but not a business meeting if the internet is required for communication with your home base.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor with a garden/porch that is filled with greenery.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sohlucky
Reviewed October 19, 2012

It stayed at Buri Rasa for two nights over a weekend in October 2012. If this hotel was not located between two big construction sites I would agree with many of the delighted reviewers. However, as the hotel sits directly on a quite busy road in Chaweng beach the hotel does definitively not offer serene beauty and a calm and relaxing atmosphere. If you want this: Do not even think of going there. If you want to be in Chaweng beach for a reasonable price: My recommendation is to wait until the contruction on both sides of the hotel is finished which should hopefully be in a few months. Why? Because the hotel is really overall quite nice. It is very well managed and the rooms are simply but nicely decorated. I had got an upgrade when checking in and got the family suite. Next time I would opt for a smaller room which has a larger balcony or a garden. The pool is quite small. The hotel has direct beach access and at the beach you do not hear too much noise. The breakfast is very tasty and offers also healthy options like vegetables and fruits. The receptionists are extremely helpful and will support you in organizing day trips - even if such trips are not included in the standard catalogue available at reception. So - if it was not for the noise (which was really terrible) - I would say: good value for my money.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank minov
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a lovely little boutique resort on Chaweng Beach. Rooms are spacious. Bathrooms are large and excellent. However, the highlight is the superb service. The staff goes out of the way to help you. The level of service would do even the Four Seasons proud.

Breakfast was excellent. Nice location, pool and beach access.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank adityapittie1972
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Buri rasa is by far one of the best places to stay in chewang. It is located on the main strip just south of all the restaurants and bars. The staff is all so friendly and will help you in anyway thy can. The restaurant is reasonably priced and they serve the best breakfast buffet, which is included in tour room price. All the rooms are newly built and clean with the newest amenities. The beach is clean and close with chairs and towels available. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. It is an absolute must for all types of people. It is quiet if you want to be alone and away from all the street life but close enough of you want to walk right on down to the night life.

• Stayed: October 2012