Travelled to Koh Samui in November (apparently the wettest month - we had nothing but sunshine).
Stayed for 4 days, and it wasn't long enough!
On arrival we were greeted at the front of the hotel, with one of the staff helping us with our bags to the lobby. Cool towels and welcoming drinks were quickly on hand, as we were checked in and upgraded from a Deluxe Premium room to a Family Suite. We had arrived early from Phuket, and although the room wasn't ready - the staff were more than happy for us to enjoy the amenities the resort had to offer.
Once the room was ready, we were escorted to the suite (room 31) which was towards the dining area/pool area further back from the road. The staff member showing us around the room was fantastic - showing us where things were kept, and how things worked.
The family suite was enormous - with a living area + small kitchenette, two balconies (one with day bed and a separate table/chairs), a large bathroom with double basin, sunken spa bath, large shower and all the little luxuries that come with a well-appointed bathroom, a 'walk-in' robe/change area, and the bedroom with a comfortable queen 4-poster bed, a dresser table/mirror, additional seating and second television.
The suite was fantastic. And tastefully decorated too - a blend of modern design with hints of Thailand throughout. A nightly turn-down service with different sweet Thai treats and a little card with a description - I may be a little daft - but I truly looked forward to each night to see what was new.
The resort backs onto a strip of beach - as do a lot of the hotels in Chaweng. To the left was an empty plot of land, and to the right - the construction site that previous TA reviewers had mentioned. Needless to say - we had booked the room a month or so before all the reviews about noise etc started coming through on TA - I will admit I had second thoughts about the resort.
Perhaps when we were there they had 'scaled down' the work being done. Yes, some noise punctured the air while we were enjoying breakfast (absolutely fabulous by the way) or lounging on the deck; but in all honesty - the noise was so brief and would last only 2 or 3 minutes at a time (we mainly heard a loud strange thud, thud followed by a truck engine)...no idea what sort of machinery makes the sounds we heard. But I am so glad I didn't cancel our booking.
The 'infinity' pool is on the smaller side, and with the resort backing onto the beach - you have two choices of swimming.
We travelled in early November 2011, the water was flat and crystal clear. There is a large selection of deck chairs on the the deck, loungers on the beach, and even blue 'bean-bags' on the deck. Plenty of umbrellas too - we never had to fight over a spot to lounge. The pool guys/bar guys were very quick in helping set you up and were so attentive. Just sublime!!
Breakfast was a huge hit. A large selection, plus made to order (eggs/bacon/pancakes/french toast) so no bain-marie's with cold bacon (though Thai's seem to do their bacon to a crisp most of the time). My partner has an appetite - and even a second serve of french toast was no hassel. The service at the restaurant was great - we never ate dinner (a short walk outside the hotel & so many choices we ate out every night) ; but we did eat lunch there once - the food was really good.
Happy hour was well used - buy one, get one free; with the bar staff always smiling and happy to recommend/assist as needed.
I honestly could not fault this place. I would not hesitate in returning to Buri Rasa & would highly recommend it to anyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award-winning Buri Rasa Village located at the very center of Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui. Buri Rasa is an enchanting traditional southern Thai dwelling in a Garden of Eden. Echoes of halcyon days with once upon a time tales of aristocracy escaping to country or paradise island retreats with a full compliment of servants and services to meet their every need & requirement. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Buri Rasa Village Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buri Rasa Village Hotel Chaweng
- Buri Rasa Village Koh Samui
- Buri Rasa Village Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand