“Relaxed couples retreat” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Relaxed couples retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Having read a lot of reviews, it is near impossible to decide where to stay based on other peoples opinions. If you are looking for a comfortable, clean, quiet, affordable resort, you can't go wrong here. Lovely pool and enough space for everyone. Beautifully located restaurant/breakfast area.
I walked the whole Chaweng beach and this is, in my opinion, the best beach to swim and relax in.
Being on southern part of Chaweng beach, it is quieter, BUT within EASY walking distance of main shopping area and restaurants.
Pros:
-more private, personal
-great pool
-great beach
-friendly, helpful staff

Cons:
-breakfast, although adequate, could maybe have more variety

Room Tip: Pool rooms are nice. There are only 3 beach rooms, if you can get one of them it will be great, but...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Johan L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed here in November / December when they were still doing some works and got a really great deal for a double room with breakfast included. As a backpacker I just wanted a few days of rest and a bit of luxury - definitely got that, I would go here on a couples holiday, am even trying to get another deal to go in a few weeks I liked it that much! Staff very friendly on arrival, rooms super clean and always have new towels for bathroom and pool. Breakfast has a great choice and the restaurant is right on the beach. The pool is beautiful, situated in the centre of the small resort, with one end facing the beach. Really nothing bad to say about it, just wish they did some more building work so I could get a great price again :)

Room Tip: Obviously beach or pool view would be lovely, although reflected in the price
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank SunSeaSharks
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

I'm writing this review sitting by the pool and looking the beach. After a beautiful breakfast with eggs, cereal, fresh fruits and lot more you can just enjoy a peaceful swimming at the pool which face the beach or relax at the beach. The staff is wonderful. Everyone always ready to help you with a beautiful smile. It's located at Chaweng Beach but not at the busy and crazy part, it's located at the peaceful and enjoyable area. I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Vanessa L
Bangkok, Thailand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

I booked the hotel from another famous website. It stated in the website that if there's a serious problem, I can call the website to complain. I called as they said but I was told by the girl who has not even listened to my problem that I should call the hotel instead. So. I'm here.

After I made a reservation, I called the hotel to get information about the transportation. I was surprised that the operator girl was not Thai. Since it's located in Thailand, the name of it is also Thai, as a Thai guy, my perception was getting a Thai welcome. When I told the girl that I was surprised, the girl ask me, actually she shouted, that "Do you have any problem with foreigner?". Was that the question the staff should ask? Really?

I arrived at the hotel and found 2 staff were sitting in the glasses room with the door shut closed. I was not sure that it was a front office or not so I was standing outside, no any sign of inviting me or not even looking at me actually. I decided to get in and found out that it's actually a front office.

I was assigned to the deepest room, number 29, which was actually share the wall with the main road of the island. There was also a super huge high voltage electricity transformer hanging above my room. Of course I found it noisy whole night but they were lucky that I could sleep in any situation.

After I had dinner and back room at 10.30pm, I found that the toilet didn't flush. The pee that i just done kept overflown. Fives mins after that the stools of the guest before me, maybe, also flooded over the floor. I was lucky that there's step between toilet and shower.
I called a front office but I was told that the maintenance guy has gone. I was speechless for a while hoping that he would offer better suggestion. However, he's silent. I was tired and then hanged up.

I found a public toilet behind the restaurant half hour after that. However there was no light, I was afraid of any animals might share the room with me so I walked away. I found an only unisex toilet in the front office lounge. The door was to thin until I could even hear the woman before me peeing. I decided to just pee as well.

Next 7.30am I told the guy at front to fix my toilet before I left to day tour, he seemed to understand me quite well. I backed at 5.30pm. My room was not even cleaned up, the blanket was still untidily holding at on end of the bed. Of course, the toilet dried with some dirty things on the floor. I was super angry and called the staff to ask what was happening here. I was told that because I didn't hang the make up sign in front of the room. What policy was that?? Really? I told him about I informed the guy in the morning, he said the guy didn't say anything. I asked to meet manager but I was told that she has gone.

A non-Thai girl who could not speak English come to clean my room finally. However, no sign of any maintenance to fix the toilet. I called front office again and a only Thai staff in the hotel answered. I requested for a maintenance. She insisted that she already sent one. She yelled out to someone behind the phone. I caught her words. "Did you go to fix the toilet?" "Which room did you go?" "I told you to go to 29, two nine not one nine!". She didn't even apologize but blamed that the guy didn't understand her.
The guy left, the cleaning girl left, the floor left dirty as well. She didn't even look at the bathroom.

I was called front office again and asked the manager to come to meet me at my room.

I checked out at 10.30am next morning when I was told that the manager still not arrived yet.
I left the hotel but ask for her name in order to call her back once I am in a good mood.

A week till now since I left the hotel, I called her twice but she were not at office. Once at 10.30am but she has not arrived yet. Once at 5.30pm but she has gone back. She didn't even try to called me once.

I'm thinking about calling here again but end up at here.

Room Tip: If u are insisting to stay here. Pay for deluxe or beach front, superiors are not great at all. But...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Bobby_Kwok
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I love this little boutique hotel. It's facing the sea which you can just laze ard the whole day! A calming n relaxing experience! If you want a bit of action, just walk abt 15 mins you will be in the busy stretch of chaweng stretch. Must go to is the Fisherman's village at bophut. Every Friday there is a walking market which the street is line with lots of vendors selling foods n other interesting goods. Highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank choco_holics
South Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed here as part of a wedding group (9 of us in total).
The rooms are very clean, with fresh sheets and towels everyday. They provide beach towels and a beach bag too.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The pool is large with a paddling area too, looking out to sea.
Breakfast was included and they offered a wide variety of foods to suit all. There is also a snack bar available and the food is great.

I would definitely recommend this place and plan to return in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank rebeccaSouthWales
montevideo, uruguay
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We spend 4 nights at Baan Talay, and we had a great stay.
The room was clean and very comfortable. The restaurant was in the beach, and having breakfast there was amazing.
When we stayed there, the pool was on construction. If it had a pool, it would have being excelent!
If you are looking to stay at a budget place at Chaweng, this is a great choice. It is in the beach and a 15 min walk from Chaweng noice, were the main bars are located.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple