Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent 4 days there. rooms were pretty clean with nice LCD TV. unfortunately our room had a hole in the floor. We asked for a room with a double but got a twin instead. the bathroom stank a bit, could be from outside. the room and bathroom were poorly lit. The cleaners seemed a bit slack. kept seeing them watch TV in the room rather than actually cleaning them.

2  Thank Feng Y
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I spent 4 relaxed days at Baan Talay together with our sons and girl friends, who had arrived a couple of days earlier. The resort has been nicely renovated and has a quiet pool surrounded by a third of the available bungalows. The bungalows I find quite spacy and nicely proportined with an efficient toilet/wash/shower area in the back. All pool and garden area bungalows have a small but handy sitting area in front, just fine for spending some relaxing time smoking/drinking during the not so hot evening hours. The direct access to the beach I find valuable giving good salt water activities and beach walking, and Baan Talay being situated at the southern tip of Chaweng Beach results in a more quiet area away from the hustle and bustle of the party poopers. If you want to have fun at night it is easy and non-expensive to go up town a couple of minutes using local transports.
The breakfast service was fair enough with choices of cereals/fruits/juices/warm dishes etc. During the day I found the restaurant to be slow in serving. Room cleaning was also late in time unless you hang out the sign requesting cleaning.
Having said all this I believe we got our money's worth.

Room tip: Pool villa best value.
Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank Runaspojke
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Resort average. Great location for the beach; absolute beachfront. Relaxed atmosphere.
Breakfast average but boring after a few days as it was basically the same each day. No fresh fruit juice which was disappointing.
We were booked in for 10 days but on the 6th day the pool was closed due to a maintenance issue. It was closed again on the next day so I asked to check out and get a refund. The desk person refused this and said that he could not give me a refund. I would have liked to have gone to another resort with a functional pool. However as I had paid a lot of money I could not afford to walk away.
I am still here as I write and the pool may not get fixed. This is very disappointing as the sea is very rough and dangerous and not usable or safe.
This resort has been renovated but is not worth the money being charged. Better value elsewhere.

Room tip: Choose a pool view room as you get ocean views and a cooling breeze.
Date of stay: February 2013
1  Thank Vickiipip
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in Baan Talay recently for one week out of a four week trip. our first impressions of the resort were very disappointing. on arrival at our room we were appaled to find that the bathroom was not cleaned at all from the previous occupants. we rang reception and they sent someone over but the level of service left a lot to be desired. however this was a once off as after this we could not find much fault with the room.

the hotel itself is situated on the southern end of the main street and it is quite a long walk to the main strip with the popular bars and restaurants. the hotel is sitting right on the beach which was nice, a little windy perhaps, but nice all the same. The facilities in the room such as the air-con and tv etc. were all in good working order.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for someone looking for a nice relaxing time away from the hustle and bustle of it all.

Room tip: keep away from rooms overlooking the beach as the waves lapping on the shore can be rather noisy and make it hard to sleep at times
2  Thank Stephen b
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This resort was recommended by a friend who had stayed there off season. It has been renovated a lot since she stayed there and it looks really stylish (although there is a lack of detail in the finishing). They are also trying to expand in order to double their capacity and it will probably only get nicer.

The pool was just lovely and there weren't too many families there i.e. not too many children so it was quiet. The people staying adhered to the quiet atmosphere and it was peaceful so it might not be the best choice for a family.

Our room was large (superior bungalow) and away from the pool. Less than a minute walk to the beach which was stunning and in the quiet section of the Chaweng strip. There were no loud clubs blaring music and none of the usual racket and mess of busy beaches.

The hotel restaurant was not very good and closed at 9pm. The food was edible and for Koh Samui that is probably standard. The breakfast was okay. The restaurant staff was very nice and many of them have two jobs as we saw them later at night working in other restaurants.

The staff loiter around and take a lifetime to clean the rooms, we had a gaggle of girls cleaning our room when we were ill and they seemed not to understand the urgency of how desperately we needed our room back. The hotel managers spoke very little English to not at all and at times it was difficult to explain/request things.

Room tip: For a taxi to the airport, just get one from outside (250 baht) because the hotel was going to charge 500 baht just to hail one from the road.
2  Thank GandA10