Resort is small but very clean and gardens are lovely, well kept and tidy.
Breakfast is basic, eggs, two choice of cereals only, bacon was horrible, ham was kept in water along with their little pork sausages. Bread rolls and fruit was covered in flies most mornings. Staff very attentive though. The villas are overpriced (garden view) as we paid twice what our friends paid and all we got was a slightly bigger room with a spare bed and ceiling fan. Our friends were in the apartment style block opposite us and their room was perfectly fine for half the price about $45 per night. Be aware that April May June are low season and are very very hot and humid. The pool is small and only 1.2m deep. No room for lounges around the pool so you have to use lounges on the beach. They have umbrellas and the lounges are free supplied by the hotel. It was soo hot though that you needed to be under the trees for relief from the heat, and the only way to be cool was to stand under the shower near the pool. The beach water was so hot it had algae growing in it and was smelly. The lagoon out the front has two small islands which stop the ocean from refreshing the lagoon area at low tide ( which seemed to be every day all day) and you couldn't swim in it. There are no safes in the rooms but they have lockers behind reception. We supplied our own lock for this to be sure. The beach area further south away from the islands was much nicer this time of year. Maybe the tides are higher earlier or later in the year and the beach would be fine but May is definitely not the time to go to the north of Chaweng beach unless you like pools only but then you need a lounge to lay or sit on and this hotel doesn't have them. Restaurants are fantastic. this island has the most 5 star restaurants I have ever seen. You are spoilt for choice. Recommend Happy Elephant at Fishermans Village.
Shops are not so keen to bargain and were much dearer than Bali for similar items. Beer was a little dearer than Bali too. I am a non drinker so stuck to fruit juices which were lovely. The island has Walking Streets on various nights in different areas which are lots of fun. Food stalls presenting heaps of yummy food and souveniers, with entertainment too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Natien Resort is a member of Thai Hotels Association. The property is located on the secluded end of Chaweng beach and within an easy reach of all major shoppings and nightlife activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Natien Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Natien Hotel Chaweng
- Samui Natien Resort Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand