Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
$245
Breakfast included
Agoda.com
$169
Breakfast included
No booking fees
1,313 results
All reviews chaweng beach pool view thai style rooms are big the main strip beautiful beach jacuzzi ra resort thailand massage koh honeymoon action sand
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We didn't stay at this resort but we ate there on a few occasions and the food was amazing.
The staff were excellent as well and very attentive. Cold towels to freshen up and then the eating began. Very well priced as well.

Date of stay: September 2012
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We travelled to meet friends in Koh Samui - the choice of resorts on Chaweng was overwhelming. After much searching we decided on Muang Samui Chaweng (not to be confused with the Bo Phut one) and it was perfect for our needs. We loved our stay there - everything was ideal - it was peaceful, the restaurant (for breakfast) terrific and the staff were so helpful.

It's at the lagoon end of the beach so quite tidal but the pool makes up for things when you can swim in the sea. The location (in relation to Chaweng shops) is ideal - probably at the top end of the better shopping).

World Tailors were the best best best best best - Tony was awesome. Armani International Suits not so much - although they did a good job, they were more expensive and managed to stuff up our two orders so wouldn't recommend.

Room tip: Pool side rooms are amazing!
1  Thank Libby C
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days (it's in Chaweng not Bophut as previous reviewers have mentioned. I don't understand why Tripadvisor will not correct it) after much considerations. I originally wanted Centara but it was fully booked until end of Aug. So we booked Banana Fan Sea but reverted to Muang Samui. What a mistake and a huge one!

The resort is a mosquito-heaven! I had more mosquito bites in half a day here than our 4 days in Bangkok. And ants! Little ones crawling against the walls (which we found out the day we left). Every time I got in the bed my whole body was itchy like fleas, and my husband woke up with rash all over his legs. I was hoping the next night would be better after changing the sheets but no. Itchy Itchy Itchy!! Although we are very understanding travellers and the resort is surrounded by trees, the rooms at least should be free of bugs-oh, we found a dead cockroach too.

I read some positive reviews about the food so I had my expectations but disappointingly it wasn't very good at all. No indoor seating, meaning you have to constantly fight flies and mosquitos while eating. Breads were dry, the lady at the egg station did not understand "overeasy", and did not know how to flip the eggs. It took 3 persons to finally flip them and by that time the yolks were fully cooked. Thai food section pretty average too.

Location however is fantastic. Only a short walk out to main Chaweng where all the actions are. 7-10 min walk to the market. Beach is not as nice as south Chaweng but water is pretty clean-except for some green foamy stuff...

Pool is rather small and chairs just not enough. When we asked for a chair to be set up they said it should take 15 minutes, but they never came and we were in the pool for almost 2 hours.

No resort map or hotel directroy in the room either. When I asekd, the reception staff said "the hotel has only 53 rooms so you don't need a map. Just take a walk around the resort and you'll see everything". Hmm.....

Overall, this hotel is not a 5-star hotel. Star-rating is not just for the size of the room of the location. I'd give it a 3 at best. There are tons of other hotels right next to each other in all of Chaweng so look somewhere else. And for the price ($300 a night incl. extra bed and breakfast for a 7-yr old.) it's so not worth it. We were sad to leave Chaweng but soooo glad to leave Muang Samui.

One more thing as many other reviewers have mentioned is that most staff here don't speak English. While I do not expect housekeeping staff to be fluent, one does not think that "dog" or "cat" or "aroma oil" requires much English skill. Very nice, friendly people trying to help but just can't communicate.

Things to say positive about the hotel: They offered us a 30-min. complimentary massage for both my husband and I, and since my husband wasn't so keen on getting a massage I asked if I could get a one-hour massage instead and they were more than happy to accomodate.

Chaweng is a place full of energy and places to stay. I'm sure there are much better alternatives. Will definitely come back to Chaweng but will not stay here again.

Room tip: Ask for upper floor as the lightings are very dim and natural light is blocked by the trees. And there are stray cats and dogs roaming around. When I asked maintenance staff he said they werer safe but for someone who did not understand "dog" and "cat" I can't be sure whether he really understood what I was asking about. Most animals you see in Chaweng are pretty laid back and will not jump on you or anything but if you have small children like us, better stay in upper floors just to be sure.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Vitamic
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Came here with friends 2 years ago and wanted to have the same room. This was no problem for Dear and the staff. All the staff are very proffessional and super helpfull. Rooms are very large and all the facilities needed are there. Breakfast is fabulous and if you require a special diet just ask. My wife and I were there for 12 nights and it was fabulous.

Room tip: Our room was on the Ground Floor at the edge of the pool. We had direct access from our room to the pool. Magnificent.
Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank Ben5357
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Very nice resort property that offers peace and quiet in the busiest part of Samui. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet is first rate, and pool is lovely. Rooms are large, well appointed and very comfortable with all the Western amenities you'd want, with a Thai design flair. The beach is fairly good, but the better beach water is about a ten minute walk down the beach. Once you leave the property you are on the busiest street on the Island, so if you're looking for a balance of city night life and a quiet resort then this property is exceptional. If you're looking for a more secluded spot on the island, then look for something further South or North.

Room tip: Try the massage on the beach...300 Baht!
  • Trip type: Traveled with family