Went with friend, had our own rooms, overlooking beach, on third floor, excellent air conditioning, wide balconies with extremely comfortable "steam ship" types longing chairs, there is a lift, thank goodness!. Our rooms had both bath and shower, the temperature in the shower could be very variable, but bath water scorching hot... be warned!.
Rooms cleaned to a good standard every day, plenty of shower/shampoo etc regularly renewed, and 2 bottles of water provided daily. Hotel restaurant was good, but ate out regularly for a bit of variety.
Lots of daily activities should you want them, did the areobics class in pool, which was fun and a good way of talking to other guests.
This hotel has a very wide beach frontage at the southern end of golden sand of Chaweng Beach, always plenty of comfortable loungers and has much needed shade from both trees and umbrella's. Watching the beach vendors provided a daily fashion show, and were great fun to chat to ( also cheaper to buy water/drinks etc).
The grounds and gardens of the hotel are beautiful and very well tendered, small safe play area for young children. Pools are well designed and provide lots of showers and shde as well as sun, plus an adults jacuzzi, and again plenty of sun beds and beach towels.
Breakfast was substantial, tea served in tea pots which you can ask for one ( 2 or 3 )tea bags per pot, depending on how strong you like your brew!
Staff were outstanding in pool, restaurants, cleaners, and security staff insist on escorting you to cross the roads, charming, polite and friendly, only reception staff appear a bit reserved and cool.
Only down side... drink prices/food etc quoted net of tax and service charges, irritating, drinking in hotel out of the various happy hours is expensive, and no free wifi ( unless you pay to join the Club).
As we travelled in June, which is low season, the hotel and Chaweng itself very quiet, but this meant that service was always excellent, and acres of space to relax in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand