We stayed at the Central Samui Chaweng Beach from 28 December 06 to 1 January 07. We payed a bombshell to stay at this peak time but as we had limited time & wanted an ocean view room we had little choice.We had stayed at Le Meridien, Phuket years before & had paid a lot of money without knowing that you had to request an ocean view room before you got there & pay even more money for it.So we bit the bullet & paid a fortune this time only to have our hearts broken yet again.Like Le Meridien, Phuket this hotel was also in dire need of a renovation & unless we hung ourselves from our not so private mosquito infested balcony, we did not get ocean views.The room was tiny & the bathroom required an immediate overhaul.I'm VERY tired of hotels touting 'every room faces the ocean' only to get there & find that the reality is opposite.Last time we complained bitterly & were given a pool facing room in Phuket but this time, we didn't have the heart to do it.The poor Thai people don't like to be bullied by farang.Yet the staff are put in the front line by big foreign corporations who own the facilities, pay the staff pittance, make maximum profit due to little renovation & sting the tourists in the process.
On the upside, the facilites were wonderful, Thai staff were lovely & the hotel was happily situated on one of the best beaches in Thailand.
Still it was horribly overpriced.Take my advice & go during the off season.It will be better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand