This was our 2nd visit to Chaweng Beach but 1st time to Central Samui.
From 1st impressions we were already impressed. Very warm welcome and a cake and bottle of Sparkling Chardonnay in our room.
We ugraded to a Club Room which gave us access to a Club Lounge with free Internet access, snacks during the day and a free bar each evening. we also got our laundry done free as well. For about £20 a day we thought this was excellent value for money. Ate at Spice Island once but tended to eat on the strip most nights which proved excellent value for money.
Can highly recommend the Loft for typical Thai cuisine which was really cheap and if you fancy a few home comforts the Green Bottle run by Paula & Stuart (& Lola) provided excellent English and Thai Food and was a really friendly atmosphere.
Overall the honeymoon was fantastic and despite building work going on throughout the hotel it was definately a great place to chill out and relax and we couldn't have asked for anything more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand