It was our first trip to Thailand and this was a great hotel to start with! The staff are great - nothing is too much trouble and they will try and accomodate your every need. We ate at the Spice Island at few times - would recommend the prawn patties! A word of advice - the wine is expensive (even thai wine) generally across the island. We met some people who had bought their own wine, kept it in their mini bar and had that if they fancied wine. Beer is much cheaper with meals. Do eat out in Chaweng high street - all of the food we had was great. The Eat Sense rest: on the beach is excellent.
We booked the Eco-safari excursion with Turismo Asia which was really great and we thought excellent value for money. The weather wasn't sunny when we were there (which was apparently unusual for that time of year) but don't be fooled by the clouds! Lots of people got burned as the sun was still really strong behind the clouds. You will get hassle from traders in the street but they are generally harmless. Valentinos were a great tailor if you fancy getting some clothes made? All in all, a really good hotel, apparently due for room refurbs next year so can only get better I think? Have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Fastbooking, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand