The first thing to point out is that this resort was recommended to us by Trailfinders and as we were on our honeymoon we wanted somewhere a bit special and more like a couple retreat than a family resort. What we got was a family resort - this is no fault of the hotel however as it is a family resort there are a great deal of children around with organised activities in the pool everyday. A small jacuzzi is for adults only and at times this did make relaxing more difficult.
Having said all that, the location is absolutely stunning, direct access to a white sand, crystal clear waters of Chaweng Beach. The hotel itself is beautiful, large pool area, swim up bar, plenty of places to eat and enough sun loungers to cope with the volume of guests.
We were in a room with a plunge pool - good size room and on very warm days - there were several - the plunge pool was an amazing way to cool down!! Room is a little dated in our opinion, dark oak and mustard tiles - not as modern as we were expecting. Staff are exceptional and you could tell our room was thoroughly cleaned each day however sections of tiling in the shower are becoming mouldy and the top "spray head" didnt work. The biggest issue with the room however was the fact the air conditioning unit was so noisey - even on the lowest setting of 1, the sound was such that it either kept us from getting to sleep, or caused us to wake during the night. We ended up going to sleep with it off and then putting it on in the middle of the night when it eventually got too warm. You can slide doors in the room to close off the bathroom from the bedroom area and the air conditioning unit is above the roof of the bathroom, however this does nothing to drown out the noise. It is something we coped with but for a venue of this type, price and in 2014 I would have expected a quieter, more modern unit that did not keep you from getting to sleep.
All in all, this is a beautiful resort and hotel in a stunning location. The staff are extremely friendly, very professional and always there to help. All it needs is some modernisation including air con units.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand