We have just had a great family holiday at Centara Grand in Koh Samui.
This was our 5th trip to Samui and the group decided to stay at Centara Grand.
We had a large family group and stayed for over 2 weeks.
Overall it was a great venue, perfect pool amenities, rooms nice and great staff.
We do have a few suggestions to make the hotel experience even better:
- please please please update the music in the pool bar - each day the staff played the same music again and again and some of the sound tracks were very inappropriate including a few really offensive songs not suitable for some of the kids ordering mocktails from the Sip and Dip
- staff in bars need a bit more training and possibly a little more attention to details. Beverages and food were forgotten and overall it felt like many of the staff members had little idea of what to do.
- more air cond or more fans would be wonderful in the main breakfast area - a few times the room was so hot we had to leave breakfast without finishing our meal (outside area was also really boiling and there were quite a lot of flies). We really recommend heading to the overflow breakfast area near the waterfront - less options for breakfast however beautiful breeze and less crowded.
Overall we loved the resort staff, rooms and overall Centara experience and we will return and would recommend the venue for families and groups.
Special mention to the room attendants who were beautiful and serviced our rooms twice daily - which was wonderful and a lovely surprise after dinner to have your bed pulled down and room re-tidied before bedtime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand