We arrived at 'Centara Grand beach resort' Koh Samui around 1300 on Saturday March 1st. The slightly winding driveway to the hotel entrance allows for an impressive first glimpse of the pagoda style huge reception with floating Lilly's in ponds and a huge smile and welcome from the porters who immediately acknowledged and assisted myself and my wife before dealing with our luggage. We were then met by 'Bright' who too,had a huge welcoming smile and sat us down for a chat about our journey assisted with our check in, which may I add was completed from my armchair! We were offered a nice cold pomegranate drink and a very welcome cold towel . Another nice touch was the arrival of the guest relations Manager' Joe Clasby , who I had previously corresponded with via e mail regarding our visit. Joe was equally as welcoming with a tube of factor 30 in hand in case we needed some lotion to head immediately to the beautiful beach which was in full view from our position at the time in reception. After our check in was complete , Bright and Joe both escorted us to our Deluxe Pool Suite 201. The walk from reception to the room with the view of the fantastic beach, through the immaculately kept gardens , and past an ornamental pond gave us encouragement of standards to expect from our room... We were not disappointed !
Bright opened our beach front door to reveal our private plunge pool, in a well appointed courtyard in front of the room( it has to be noted that though the room is beach facing , there is no view of the beach at all from inside the room enabling you full privacy to enjoy your pool)
Going through the double patio doors to the room from the courtyard, reveals a very nice large room with sofa, coffee table and huge bed , with Welcome spelt out in blossom and orchids , a basket of fruit and wine was apparent (a welcome gift from the general manager as we were celebrating a belated honeymoon)and nice touches of single fresh flowers in vases around the room. A coffee maker, mini bar, large Tv , DVD player, and a plug in mosquito repellent for those concerned about mosquito report( we have had no issues as yet). The bathroom is we equipped with plenty if good quality products a nice bath and a shower with room for 2.
This is only our first day but as I said , our first impressions are excellent ...,, I will keep you posted.
Mr & Mrs T .G
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Fastbooking, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand