Before anyone starts reading this totally impartial review please be aware that we have stayed in many hotels around the world and it is very rare we ever return to pre visited destinations let alone the same hotel. However following an amazing stay at the centara grand in 2012 we are revisiting along with friends from Australia to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in October. The accommodation was above expectations for thailand, offering an excellent level of cleanliness and service along with impeccable gratitude from some of the kindest attentive staff that we have experienced throughout our travels. We had exceptional attentive service from Meena and Banana along with other staff in the club and nothing at all was too much trouble. It is obvious from reading the negative reviews that too many of those guests do not communicate fully at the time when they feel service is a little below par and then take time out to complain on reflection once they are home. We would recommend this hotel to anyone considering a holiday on Koh Samui and we are certainly looking forward and counting the days down to our return in 5 weeks.
Dave and Mandy Milner ~ Hull UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand