We returned to the Centara in July with my family and 20 family and friends this year to celebrate my wifes 50th birthday. After a family holiday last year, we thought this would we the place to celebrate and we were not disappointed.
We organised a dinner party for my wife and 24 guests with the Banquet staff after our arrival. The meal and service was sensational. They set up tables over looking the gardens and beach area and made the night really special.
We stayed for 10 days, and as before, the staff all around the resort were great.
We had access to the club and the club staff Banana and Meena could not do enough for you. The majority of our group also had access to the club and this was a great place to meet at the end of the day.
We had a 1 bedroom premium pool suite, which has a bedroom and seperate lounge room. The couch in the louge area coverted into 2 single beds which was great. I am not sure what happens if we return again as both boys will be over 12 and in Thailand 12 year olds count as adults, and 4 adults cannot share a room together. I must say this was 2 large rooms with 2 seperate bathrooms so we would still use existing bedding so cost may play a factor in we ever return. The room was clean and spacious.
The breakfast, and food from the pool area was great as was Zicos restaurant. The food at Zicos was very very good, but the entertainment let the venue down.
Overall my family and party all had a great time at the resort. My family will definately visit here again and a number of our friends are already talking about going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Fastbooking, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand