Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui
$115
  • Beachfront
$397
LuxuryCollection
Nora Buri Resort & Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$153
$128
Agoda.com
Dara Samui Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$111
$70
  • Pool
OZO Chaweng Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$127
OZOHotels.com
Chaweng Regent Beach Resort(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$176
$111
Agoda.com
Amari Koh Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$135
$115
Nora Beach Resort and Spa(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$106
$101
KC Resort & Over Water Villas(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$298
$68
Poppies Samui(Chaweng)(Great Value!)
$142
2,806 results
All reviewsthe club loungecoast restaurantclub staffpalm groveaqua aerobicskids clubclub benefitspool suiteone bedroom suitekoh samuilarge hotelswim up barhotel groundsfamily holidayhappy hoursun loungersplenty of sunbeds
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I would like to thank Hester and all the staff and the centara grand hotel having just returned I cannot fault this hotel. I have stayed at many hotel throughout the world and have to say that this was one of the best. Thank you again for a wonderful holiday. Lana and Peter HIllhouse

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lana H
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was a bit concerned when I saw some of the previous reviews on this hotel, but it is a great 4 star hotel in a fantastic location.

Check in was fast and they let us sit down whilst they did all the paperwork for us.

We were in room 1124 which was a great room view so the sea, the first night I found the bed really hard but asked the staff for a mattress topper which made a huge difference.

The room is fine and yes as other posters have said the bathroom could do with a upgrade but it is spotlessly clean.

Breakfast was fine, lots of choices I especially like the omelette station.

We met the Manager Danny, and he made a point of speaking to us every time he saw us to ensure we were happy with our stay.

Only little niggle I had was the wi-fi was not free, something I would expect.

If you have booked this hotel don't worry about some of the reviews I am quite fussy and I would have no problems returning to this hotel in the future

Room Tip: We liked block 1 on the 2nd floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank scotland-traveler
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My partner and I had decided to stay at this hotel based on the decent reviews and pictures that were on tripadvisor.

Upon arrival the entrance of the hotel looked fantastic. Big lobby with great views of the ocean and beach. The service on arrival was fast and efficient and staff members were friendly.

When we were taken to our room for what we had paid for the 6 nights and 7 days that we were there I was quite disapointed upon entering the room. We had booked the premium deluxe which was the second above the normal standard rooms. The room was quite old and dated. It had 2 king size beds joined together which didn't both me. The airconditioning was not working to its full capacity which made it a bit uncomfortable to sleep during the evenings and had to sleep with the fan on as well to try keep the room a tad cooler. There also seemed to have a bit of an ant festation in there too. However, the good thing about the room was that it was on the top floor facing the ocean. You had the whole view of the pool and beach which was quite breath taking.

The bathrooom was decently sized, however the shower had a leakage problem. The glass door would not shut properly so when you would shower the water would be seeping through the spaces of the door so when done you would be stepping out onto a huge puddle!!

The grounds surroundings was nice - the pool area was great and liked the dip 'n' sip bar! I loved it how the hotel fell out onto the beach and had a whole heap of sun beds to relax by the pool or on the beach. There was also a fantastic grilled corn stand out on the beach which is a must eat as it was absolutely yummy.

I liked how the hotel was on the quieter side of chaweng and the beach itself looked so much nicer and cleaner.

Overall we had a decent stay, however I personally believe that for what we had paid for a preimium delxue room you could probably find something a bit more decent for the same value in the same area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mau_Mau84
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this resort for a week from June 1st 2013. We had a Pool Deluxe room which was really nice, the only complaint was the bed was very hard, and the airconditioner was very loud so had to turn it off at night.I stayed in this room with my sister and a friend. I would not recommend sharing a room with three people, the room was ample in size but the third bed was more like a cot, very small and not fair if every one is paying the same price. Also after repeated calls for three things ie; towels, fruit basket, treats they brought at night, they kept bringing enough just for two, even though we explained we have paid for three adults.The beach outside this resort is best by far, very clean, further up the beach water is full of seaweed and not as clear and clean. The breakfast was great, something for every one, and i would highly recommend the man selling corn on the beach just in front of this resort, the corn is amazing. They have three different happy hours in the bars, very good value, worth going for a drink. There is a pool bar which is very nice also. I liked this resort and I would stay here again, but would only share with two, its to hard with three people.

Room Tip: The pool deluxe room is a good size however you dont get a good view of the beach as you have your own courtyard at front with the pool in it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The Centara Grand is a beautiful hotel with excellent attentive staff. The facilities were magnificent. The location is great, sitting right on a 400 meter long beach to the back and the bustling night lift at the front. You’re walking distance from a great variety of bars and restaurants. You could easily pick a different restaurant every night and not be disappointed. This was our second time at the Centara. I’m hoping for a third. Good Luck.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple