We stayed in the resort in April 2013. Overall it was ok but there are many more much beautiful resorts for the same price.
Location is good as this part of the beach in Chaweng is just beautiful. White sandy beach and calm clear blue water on beautiful sunny days. On wet or windy days the beach is like a wave beach.
The resort is in real need of a facelift, it looks old in some areas. The rooms are nice but again need a facelift, the bed was super comfy! In my aunties room is smelt like mould. Bathroom very dated but its ok. Our room in block 2 was good location I think, although our room was next to cleaning staff room so always could keep them chatting and banging away when trying to relax on the balcony.
The breakfast was great! So much on offer, always found a seat, staff were fantastic and attentive.
The pool is nice also, swim bar nice. Alot of kids so very much a family friendly resort.
This resort has so much potential but there is no wow factor.
The staff are very lovely (although didnt get much attention from reception staff when walking through) but the cleaners and garden staff were always going out of their way to say hello.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Fastbooking, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand