This hotel is in a superb setting at the quieter end of Chaweng beach. The staff in all areas of restaurants, bars and reception are lovely, very friendly and efficient. You will get the traditional towels on the beach and pool loungers at the crack of dawn but do not worry. There were six of us and we did not venture to the pool or beach until around 10 am. However the pool staff never failed in providing us with six chairs and sufficient umbrellas for shade, at any time. They were superb. Variety of food selection is also very good.
My only negative for this hotel and the reason for the but in the title, are the rooms and the sea facing description, of which more later. The rooms are in sad need of updating and general maintenance needs to be improved. All of my party had to change rooms for one reason or another. We also found the cleanliness of the accommodation, not up to standard.
Returning to the sea facing rooms, you could be misled into thinking all rooms have a sea view by this description! Please be aware that unless you are on the second or third floor your chances of seeing the ocean through the vegetation are very limited.
Apart from my comments on the rooms, I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui is a long-established resort that sits right on Chaweng Beach, a tranquil location that yet provides easy access to Central Festival for shopping and the ever-present buzz of Chaweng Road. Complete with the old world charm of colonial-era architecture and an unparalleled beach front setting, the resort is home to a host of facilities and activities, including a beautiful spa, complimentary Yoga classes a large sea-gazing swimming pool with its own swim-up pool bar and Jacuzzi, a fitness centre, two tennis courts and two kids clubs. You’ll enjoy no less than seven restaurants and bars, including COAST Beach Club & Bistro. Perfect for the most tranquil romantic escape or an adventuresome family holiday, the resort also features Muay Thai classes, beach volleyball, and a choice of water sports – think kayaking, windsurfing, sailing, Hobie Catamaran, body boarding and paddle boarding - as well as superb snorkelling and island hopping excursions around Koh Samui and diving opportunities arranged respectively by the tour desk and the PADI Dive Centre. Whether holidaying in Samui just the two of you or with the family, you will enjoy views of over the turquoise expanse of the Gulf of Thailand from your balcony or a private plunge pool. Spaciousness is a feature with all rooms and suites, with total living space ranging from 40 to 132 square metres while selected suites also provide concierge services. And your good times will begin almost from the minute you touch down on the island, as the resort is a short 15-minute drive from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Fastbooking, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Hotel Chaweng
- Centara Grand Beach Hotel
- Hotel Centara Grand Beach
- Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui Ko Samui/Chaweng, Thailand